GreenRoc

Cliff Undersides Ruin Wyvern Taming

Posted (edited)

Cliff Undersides Ruin Wyvern Taming

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not...
Is this intended?

Or can the devs make them not wander up into the undersides of cliffs, or make an invisible bubble around her so players wont have to lose pretty tames like this.

I grew so tired and fatigued, I was unable to continue to tame her.
This happened sometime on 7/19 (same day I post this). She is on pve 833 (or was) so...
good luck to whomever can tame her.

I am unaware of any tactics to keep my character on the wyvern when it rubs the underside of cliff ledges and against trees. If anyone knows of any tactic (aside from using primal crystals) I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread as long as I am able to.

Edited by GreenRoc

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

What is wrong with using primal crystal?

alot of wrong for me.

There's the adreanline rush which causes me physical pain for hours after the adrenaline flow stops.

There's also the fact that to get enough crystals to tame a high one you have to also trap, KO, and kill a high one. Last I heard, if you dont kill the one you KO, it becomes forever aggroed (I almost lost a freshly tamed Wyvern due to someone else's unkilled, previously KO'd Wild Wyvern)

Also, I almost lost a ptera the only time I attempted to get one KO'd. That one time, me and my tribemate spent over 20 minutes of work with two kiting fails.... Then some random comes in to try and tame it while I was healing our ptero.

I wish to avoid ruining something that someone else could have tamed.

I prefer slow and steady.
Regular crystals would be fine as long as I'm not knocked off by terrain.
I'd rather spend two hours on taming than 5 minutes of adrenaline pumping tasks.

I'm purposefully in no hurry.
And many more words of why primal is not ideal for me.

Edited by GreenRoc
typos

Just now, GreenRoc said:

There's also the fact that to get enough crystals to tame a high one you have to also trap, KO, and kill a high one. Last I heard, if you dont kill the one you KO, it becomes forever aggroed (I almost lost a freshly tamed Wyvern due to someone else's unkilled KO Wyvern)

Actually, just kite the one you want to tame into a trap, knock it out, take its crystals, wait for it to wake up, down it again, wait for it to wake up again, tame it. 😉

Also, pretty sure you can't tame a 150 with regular crystals (its taming progression will start dropping at some point or something).

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Actually, just kite the one you want to tame into a trap, knock it out, take its crystals, wait for it to wake up, down it again, wait for it to wake up again, tame it. 😉

Also, pretty sure you can't tame a 150 with regular crystals (its taming progression will start dropping at some point or something).

I didnt know that! Oooo! thank you

As for the second line... Wildcard fixed that. I'm pretty sure you can tame them with regular crystals now

Edited by GreenRoc
Added "I'm pretty sure" as I havent been able to get that far, yet

So ive had the same problem with a few wyverms i fell off theyre back when it hits a cliff/three anyway ive made glider suit (wings) so if i fall il start gliding and keep an eye on the wyverm follow it till it lands again and walk up the wings to get at the taming spot. if you start taming nobody ells can take it over at least in pve. You can tame it with normal crystal or the primal crystal. Shooting a grappling hook in it will agro the tame so wont suggest that. 

I am so sick of loosing wyvern tames by being smashed against the rocks.   I am down with this was stupid.  Ruins the fun of the game.  Like I want to slow harvest bunch of heavy rocks drag them all the way to the beach to try and find a spot.  Or use someone else's trap while they're away and get yelled at for it.  I really hate the traps in this game.  It's fun to ride the wyverns.  Til you get smashed against a ---- rock.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:51 PM, Darkwander said:

Shooting a grappling hook in it will agro the tame so wont suggest that. 

Unless they changed something, this isnt true. You can grapple many tames and they will not aggro, have done it many times with quetzels for instance. Ive also seen some youtubers grapple the new crystal wyverns for this very reason.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:51 AM, Darkwander said:

Shooting a grappling hook in it will agro the tame so wont suggest that. 

This is false.

16 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Unless they changed something, this isnt true. You can grapple many tames and they will not aggro, have done it many times with quetzels for instance. Ive also seen some youtubers grapple the new crystal wyverns for this very reason.

This is true.

Just tested.

• Like 1