Is the game worth playing on the xbox one yet?

I_AM_LUKY_SE7EN

So to start off, I want to say how much I love this game! It is amazing, and i'm sure it has an amazing future in store for it! However, in it's current state i'm not entirely sure it's worth my time. I understand that this is a pre-release and with that I knew there were going to be problems, and some level of frustration. But I wasn't prepared for such serious complications from just simply joining servers. I personally feel like a major step in the game's performance/experience was overlook. With the lack of accessibility to online server game time it seems that the game simply isn't even ready for a pre-release. That is my personal opinion anyways. 

Now, I have heard of many instances where characters are intentionally being left AFK on xbox servers in order to gain shared xp and to retain a spot on that server. I personally feel like that is cheating, and is a problem that needs to be resolved ASAP. 

Also, a que system/waiting line is needed for a server set up such as Ark's. If a player has a character's progress dedicated/limited to one server then there must be a que system in order to organize and control the process of joining a server. Not having a que system is an obvious flaw that has been made. Which really makes me feel like the pre-release really wasn't ready to be released.

There are also many other problems which can be frustrating, but all of which are to be expected from a pre-release. But the two problems I've briefly discussed above are unacceptable in my opinion. I understand they weren't expecting such a huge influx of players, but even with the number of players they were expecting they really should have anticipated the need for a que system and the booting of inactive players.

Anyways, I just needed to speak my mind about these things. I still love the game, I just don't think the pre-release was ready for the public. Let me know if you agree or disagree and why.

-Before people go crazy and say I should have read other posts about a que system and/or booting inactive players. I have read those, I know they're working on it, but I wanted to speak my mind. Also, this topic is going more in the direction of, "was the pre-release really ready for public access with these obvious flaws."

Thank you for your time. 

Something worng with me :( I like it, its a hassle (was) getting onto a server but its a yahoo moment when you get in and back to your main character.

The new servers are great for me, a new start on a low pop server so I can go at the game and try build up some lvls,

People say its a preview beta build, its not for everyone.

not just empty words, as is the warning this game may never be released, some games simply dont make it past beta, although im talking about pc betas now, iv not seen an xbox preview fail yet and I most certainly dont expect this game to fail but you never know, any one of these thing worry you it might be better if you wait.

the game is fun as hell when you can get into a server. I DO NOT regret buying it at this point. Yes some of the issues revolving around getting in are a pain, but Wildcard has what looks like a solid plan in place to work on them. Don't let all the frustration on the forums sway your opinion. People just need to vent and remind Wildcard to keep up their motivation. 

Thanks for the great replies! And as general responses:

will I keep playing the game anyways, yes

will I keep on attempting to join my server, yes

will I love this game, yes :)

-my main point I was attempting to get at was, do you think wildcard should have release the pre-release game with such major and obvious flaws such as having no que system and no idle player booting system. And in my opinion is no, they shouldn't have. These are major flaws that should have been apparent to them before they even released the pre-release. These are things that are in place in other games, and as such should have been a sign to wildcard. 

And I do agree that topics such as this help wildcard realize that they need to keep working hard on fixing these issues, especially ones that should have been obvious to them even before the game went live. 

Now, I do want them to fix this ASAP but I also want them to enjoy their holidays :) 

-thanks for your time, and let me know your opinions. 

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 9:21 PM, I_AM_LUKY_SE7EN said:

Thanks for the great replies! And as general responses:

will I keep playing the game anyways, yes

will I keep on attempting to join my server, yes

will I love this game, yes :)

-my main point I was attempting to get at was, do you think wildcard should have release the pre-release game with such major and obvious flaws such as having no que system and no idle player booting system. And in my opinion is no, they shouldn't have. These are major flaws that should have been apparent to them before they even released the pre-release. These are things that are in place in other games, and as such should have been a sign to wildcard. 

And I do agree that topics such as this help wildcard realize that they need to keep working hard on fixing these issues, especially ones that should have been obvious to them even before the game went live. 

Now, I do want them to fix this ASAP but I also want them to enjoy their holidays :) 

-thanks for your time, and let me know your opinions. 

HA if you think those issues are MAJOR and Obvious flaws , don't ever buy a early access or game preview game on the PC you will feel like you have been robbed

the version currently on Xbox One is 1000000% more stable and bug free/optimized then  PC's day one release hands down without question

this will be the major issue with doing these type's of game releases on Consoles vs. PC ...... setting EXPECTATION to the customer

PC is accustomed to the whole Early access game starts and plays for 15 mins then crashes and dev's take a week or two to figure out and fix it , Where as if this were to happen on the console side there would be a fire storm and people would be refunding at a mass rate thinking they got con out of their money

Keywords :   Expectation , Game Preview, Early Access, Alpha

nothing is set in stone for this game that is what "alpha" is they are still writing the game EVERYTHING and ANYTHING in this game is subject to change. the "game preview program" / "early access" is a way for the dev's to collect feedback from the fans and reassure themselves of a job well done or a job poorly done and react accordingly but no means does that mean that WE the fan can tell them this needs to be done or that needs to be done at the end of the day this is the game that the DEV's "set out to make" and they are choosing to share this work of art with us at such an early state with hope's that we may influence or encourage them in the path that they are taking. 

Archived