Best order to play maps and DLCs?

MuchiMuchiBox

Hi all!

I have started playing Ark a couple of months ago, so far exclusively in single player and I am loving it. I am playing on the Epic Games version and have all the DLCs as well. I am positively surprised by all the variety of  unique creatures and engrams that each map has to offer!
I want to follow the canonical story of the game in the regular map order, however I also see that there are 4 non canonical maps that are not directly connected to the story, still I would love to raid them in between in order to get some of their unique features and dinos.
Which is, in your opinion, the best order and timing to include these non canonical maps in the story play-through? I have looked up on the internet however most post are two years old and I could not get a clear picture.

Thank you very much!

Well, it really depends on what your goal is. You said you want to follow the story game in the regular map order,  so I would recommend doing that first until you get past scorched Earth, at least. Center is just a bigger, "better' version of the Island, so it doesn't really add that much in terms of creatures. It is mostly environmental aesthetic differences, easier resources, etc. The custom maps in general tend to be a bit easier, including easier to get higher level tames. The regular maps to me seem to have far more low level creatures you gotta kill/wipe out to get good ones to spawn. 

I would definitely start with island, since it will give you the introduction to the story, quite a bit of content, and give you the basics of the game.  I'd skip the center, since it is basically just a bigger, improved version of the Island in terms of creatures.  Crystal Islands has some cool stuff you can bring over to Scorched Earth that will be useful, like the passive tame crystal wyverns.  An alternative is Ragnarok, which is a good generalist map.  Has stuff from Island, Scorched Earht. Has Wyverns, like Scorched Earth, but is a way easier map than Scorched Earth. Valguero is okay, but it really only has 1 unique creature on it.  Like the center, Val seems kinda skippable to me unless you really want Deinonychus. The other stuff you can get on the paid DLC. 

Aberration is quite a bit harder than the other maps, so be careful with that one. It's a great map, though. Very fun, but needs a bit more experience. Extinction after that, then Genesis. 

Depends really on if you want to fully play through and "complete" each DLC before moving on the next if that is your goal.  That might take a while, so if you are bored, try out the custom maps for a bit.  

TLDR: Island, Scorched Earth --mabye Crystal Islands or Ragnarok--Aberration, Extinction, Genesis. 

It is totally arbitrary though.  I prefer the paid DLC maps to the custom DLCs. 

If you want high-levels, they're a dime a dozen on the non-story maps. I made a separate character for them, but if you want to play them with your main one, Ragnarok is a good place. The blue obelisk is super close to some of the spawn points. In terms of what's there, The Center has lots of unique biomes and places, but no new creatures or resources.

Valguero is a nice map, it has some really beautiful places, and like Ragnarok it has some Scorched Earth stuff, but not as much as Rag itself. Also has a huge cave system with mushroom forests with Aberration creatures and a radioactive area that you need a special suit to survive in, take that, add a cool glowy blue area, make the surface, and the obelisks deadly and hard to reach, and you've got Aberration.

Now, I actually have played around on Aberration with a minor character who will just be deleted when my main story map character gets there, and it is awesome. Bulbdogs are so cute, and it's amazing how all the creatures glow. They actually stay "glowy" if you're on another map! Just a lot of raptors, ravagers, and carnos. If only my minor character could make bolas...

Crystal Isles is very beautiful, not in a majestic way, like Ragnarok or Valguero, but just really nice looking. Crystal everywhere! And easy to tame wyverns, that are faster than regular ones. I wonder if they could be used to a steal a regular wyvern egg. Also Aberration creatures that aren't underground.

So that's my take on the non-stories, and Aberration. Also, one last thing! I feel bad for Scorched Earth. It was released before the official release of ark itself, during early access. It was promised plenty of new creatures, and while The Island got quite a few, it got the phoenix and only that, which thanks to Genesis Part One, is just a flying magmasaur. Ragnarok has all the others. It only has one guardian and no overseer. Its only function is story progression.

Island

Play this until you are ready to start looking for boss dino's. Once you are, make Valguero your hunting map. Better levels so you can find good dino's to start your breed line.

I opted for Valguero over Ragnarok to get you a shot at the Deino (Dragon Killer) and save high level Wyvern egg hunting until you're at SE. 

After you beat the Island, go to SE. Once you are ready for high level Wyvern egg hunting, use Ragnarok to enhance your search. I'd recommend using Wyvern's in the boss fight to switch it up. 

Next is Ab. The most unique map. Play that with your character but leave all your dino's stored until Extinction.

After Ab, play Extinction. Once you are ready to try red drops incorporate in the Center for the best Giga hunting ground.

After Extinction you start up on Genesis. When you're ready for Moeder go back to Rag to hunt Tuso's and start that line. 

I think that's how I'd pair the canonical and non-canonical maps. 

(Console player so no Crystal Isles yet so not sure if or where to pair that).

8 hours ago, MuchiMuchiBox said:

Hi Zeldei!

Thank you so much for your answer! I will follow your advice. I sometimes struggle to get high lv dinos (I am playing on diff 1 with MAX DIFF on) on Island.. going to the Center might be better in your opinion? 

The custom maps tend to have higher ones, ya. I would personally skip Center, though. But I may be biased, since I have played it so many times I am bored of it. It's basically just a bigger island.  Some people did make good points above. Ragnarok is a good "all around map" for high level, varied creatures, varied environments, etc. You  might like that as a custom map default choice.  But try em all out and see what one you like best. 

I started out like you, but changed plans along the way. If by finishing the Island you mean beating the alpha tek cave (which also means having to defeat all the alpha guardians which drop trophies that unlock the tek cave), and depending on how much you play, there's a real chance of running out of content while still having miles to go on those stones. I had played on the Island for a year, and had beaten up to and including alpha monkey. Had no dinos that I dared to take With me to the dragon boss, so I decided to start breeding therizinos. But after a while I just got tired of the Island, so I got to the point of only having gamma/beta/alpha dragon and tek Cave left to Complete the map. That was a year ago, and I still have that Ahead of me. I ended up making major bases on every map, and started breeding dinos big time. I have 100 therizino females on one map, 100 rex females on another map, and am breeding them on cooldown. I have 20 dmg muts and 5 Health muts on my rexes now, about 5 of each on therizinos. I did the gamma tek Cave last week. I will be doing alpha tek Cave without a dino army With just a ranged weapon when the time comes.

So I Guess my point is, you have a good starting point, I think a lot of People start there, but don't feel like a cheater if you want a Snow Owl and find yourself suddenly going on an adventure to Extinction. That was my first non-Island experience, and soon after I had made huuuge bases on three other maps. I am now working a little bit on everything. I will do the bosses in order, but already started breeding megalosauruses for Rockwell, and have completed almost enough missions to do gamma Master Controller on Genesis. I can do Manticore now, I just am not in a rush atm. I'm mostly excited for when I'm taking on the King Titan on extinction, that seems to be the most epic fight in this game, even after Genesis.

Also btw, I play on a private cluster With altered rates, but we don't use mods. Difficulty is 6.something, I don't remember, but max dino Level in the Wild is 202. In the tek Cave they can be up to 606. I like the vanilla experience With respects to most Things other than the xp/gather rates. We have 2x gather, 10x mature. So if you play on other settings that might also affect how your plan plays out. If you are playing With official settings, what I said counts even more, you will spend a LOT of time before you are ready for the end-game stuff.

Edit: I'm on a work PC and I don't know why it keeps making certain Words have a Capital first letter. How annoying!

Really depends on the experience you want. Generally the player made maps that turned into DLC: Centre, Rag, Valguero, CI are new player friendly as they give you all of the games dinos without the environmental dangers that the official DLC maps have. The boss fights on those DLC maps are also a joke and allow you to unlock many high end engrams with fresh tamed trash dinos whereas they would have taken much longer to unlock on an official DLC map. I personally don't like them as they make the game trivial but Rag has been the most popular map for a long time so there is appetite for that gameplay.

I'm sure opinions on how to play a story mode game will differ too. I have started such a play through a few weeks ago and my intentions are;

- Island until alpha ascension

-Transfer naked to SE and clear that map

-Transfer naked to Abb, clear that map

- Transfer naked Ext, clear that map

- Transfer naked genesis, clear that map

I think that's the purest story mode you can have and it will create thousands of hours of gameplay too but that's my opinion and there are obviously many ways to play a sandbox game. You could play a no flyer game with my gamestyle and you would take a very long time to get through the game though it would be quite satisfying to do so.

54 minutes ago, Cobretti said:

Really depends on the experience you want. Generally the player made maps that turned into DLC: Centre, Rag, Valguero, CI are new player friendly as they give you all of the games dinos without the environmental dangers that the official DLC maps have. The boss fights on those DLC maps are also a joke and allow you to unlock many high end engrams with fresh tamed trash dinos whereas they would have taken much longer to unlock on an official DLC map. I personally don't like them as they make the game trivial but Rag has been the most popular map for a long time so there is appetite for that gameplay.

I'm sure opinions on how to play a story mode game will differ too. I have started such a play through a few weeks ago and my intentions are;

- Island until alpha ascension

-Transfer naked to SE and clear that map

-Transfer naked to Abb, clear that map

- Transfer naked Ext, clear that map

- Transfer naked genesis, clear that map

I think that's the purest story mode you can have and it will create thousands of hours of gameplay too but that's my opinion and there are obviously many ways to play a sandbox game. You could play a no flyer game with my gamestyle and you would take a very long time to get through the game though it would be quite satisfying to do so.

Personally I'm gonna do it kinda like you, but a bit different. Here are my "rules."

1. Beating a map for me means beating its final boss. Someday I hope to have done them all on alpha, but to move to the next map, gamma or beta is acceptable.

2. Transfers allowed. I'll be kind of liberal with them. I think that I've earned them if I made it to any map besides The Island. Obviously, the best, most perfect story mode would be leaving behind everything, but having a jerboa on The Island is something I can't resist.

3. I won't touch a map until I beat its predecessor. Its really hard because of how cool some dinos are, gachas are probably my main goal to someday tame.

4. Separate character for non-stories. Already mentioned that elsewhere here. On Ragnarok I could probably go tame up a pair of boss level rexes with about twenty minutes of actually searching. On The Island a 130 rex is awesome, on The Center it's kind of bad when a 150 is so easy. 

• 9 months later...

Personally I think the best Canonical Story route, if you wish to include the custom maps, would be:

1st). The Island. Then when you get your kibble farm setup and at least 50-100 kibble in each egg class, and ready to start tame/ farming boss dino's, then go to:

2nd) The Center. This will allow you to easily tame 150's. On top of that, Carno Island on The Center, is one of the best areas to tame Gigas. Take all your best dino's from The Island and setup a taming Outpost some where close to one of the Obelisks. Explore, tame & then decide to either bring them back to The Island or setup up your breeding facilities on The Center. Personally I  think it's better to have the breeding done at your Kibble Farm. After you beat the Tek Cave head to:

3rd) Scorched Earth. Start naked, build a starter base, tame some animals and fight your way to a Obelisk. Transfer over your army and kibble farm if you wish. Then get building a permanent base. Explore and tame and kill bosses. Then when you want to farm high level animals faster, head to:

4th) Ragnarok. Rinse and repeat what you did on The Center. Then head to:

5th) Aberration. Again start naked. Then tame and fight your way through the Rock Drake Nest down to the Obelisk at the bottom of the map. Then transfer over whatever you wish. Once you're ready for high levels head to:

6th) Valguero. Rinse and repeat what you did on the previous two custom maps. Once Aberration is beat head to:

7th) Extinction. Rinse and repeat what you did on the previous Story maps. Then head to:

8th) Crystal Isle and/or Genesis to complete your Adventure. At this point it doesn't matter which one you do next. Crystal Isle basically will only have Wyverns to tame, a few bosses to beat and some mild exploring. So it's up to you which map you wish to retire on.

Don't think it's cheating to make use of custom maps to farm easy resources or taming high levels. Otherwise you'll spend 100's of hours killing and searching for 150's on Story maps which is unnecessary, boring and immersion breaking in my opinion.  Transfer what ever you wish from your previous servers to make things quicker is ok too. You earned it and you deserve it.  This path will make every map useful and fun to play without feeling like you're skipping things or getting to far ahead of oneself. The only downside I can think of to doing it like this would be that after your done beating Alpha Tek Cave. Every other map will be much quicker and easier to beat due to the fact that you will already have the best gear and strong army.

On 7/17/2020 at 3:05 AM, MuchiMuchiBox said:

Ok, the storyline goes: The Island, Scorched earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis 1, finally Genesis 2
Non story maps goes: the center, ragnarok, valguero, and crystal isles.

do be careful tho as some maps have certain rules. For instance in aberration, unless you cheat them in, you cannot bring many different kids of dino's in via transfer. We was fighting that map tooth n nail without cheating and finally got around to getting to an obelisk to transfer in my rex's and argies. finally got the cryopod, finally had the chance to pop open a argy, and "dino not allowed"......wait.....what?

Yeah, pretty much most of the dino's you really want are not allowed in aberration......I honestly think its preatty much the only map where it might actually be better starting off from scratch.

On 7/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

After you beat the Island, go to SE. Once you are ready for high level Wyvern egg hunting, use Ragnarok to enhance your search. I'd recommend using Wyvern's in the boss fight to switch it up. 

Pretty sure Manticore is still bugged and wont land if you use wyverns, Id stick with rexes for this.

I'm currently playing the canonical maps in order without the unofficial maps, and but in my opinion the order that makes the most sense by way of keeping access/ progression the same would be 

1) Island

2) Center- as only dinos from the island spawn here, just at higher levels.

3) Scorched Earth

4) Ragnarok - has island and scorched dinos only, with higher levels more available. 

5) Aberration- be careful in single player the only way to transfer in or out is by obelisk (surface or Rock Drake trench) or Tek Transmitter. Also only creatures that are "native" to the map can enter, this comes with the exceptions of the Oviraptor and extinction creatures, eg Velo, Managamr etc. Rockwell will not drop element, however element is craftable here but its something like 3 at a time, every 45 minutes at each charge node. Also dont charge more than 8 batteries at each node or it will go into overcharge and shutdown until it recharges. 

6) Valguaro/ Crystal Isles - both give access to aberrant creatures along with dinos from previous maps. there is also the new creatures deinonychus and the crystal wyverns. 

7) Extinction - currently no unofficial maps released that have Extinction only creatures.

8 ) Genesis part 1

9) Genesis part 2.

On 7/17/2020 at 3:05 AM, MuchiMuchiBox said:

Hi all!

I have started playing Ark a couple of months ago, so far exclusively in single player and I am loving it. I am playing on the Epic Games version and have all the DLCs as well. I am positively surprised by all the variety of  unique creatures and engrams that each map has to offer!
I want to follow the canonical story of the game in the regular map order, however I also see that there are 4 non canonical maps that are not directly connected to the story, still I would love to raid them in between in order to get some of their unique features and dinos.
Which is, in your opinion, the best order and timing to include these non canonical maps in the story play-through? I have looked up on the internet however most post are two years old and I could not get a clear picture.

Thank you very much!

There really is no "best", it depends entirely on your preferences. How much challenge/difficulty you want? How much do you like exploring for the fun of it? Or are you the type of person who just wants to beat a game as efficiently as possible? All of the maps in this game have something to offer, regardless of whether they're the paid Lore DLC with the Explorers' notes on them or the non-Lore DLC without any Explorers' notes.

Every map in the game is fun to experience with the makers of every map offering a variety of beautiful sights, great places to build and caves or surprises to discover and explore. Some of the free DLC maps were (I think) better designed than the paid maps. For example, I had a lot of fun playing on Ragnarok for a long time.

The order the maps were released is:

* The Island (paid DLC, with Explorers' notes)

* Center (free DLC)

* Scorched Earth (paid DLC, with Explorers' notes)

* Ragnarok (free DLC)

* Aberration (paid DLC, with Explorers' notes)

* Extinction (paid DLC, with Explorers' notes)

* Valguero (free DLC)

* Genesys part 1 (paid DLC, with Explorers' notes)

* Crystal Isles (free DLC)

Example 1: You could create your first Main Base on The Island and then create satellite bases or "colonies" on all of the other maps in whatever order you want to, while always bringing your best stuff back to your permanent Main Base on The Island.

Example 2: Play every map in the order they were released, starting with a brand new Level 1 character on that map and playing that map exclusively until you've beaten the caves and the boss on that map using only animals you've tamed on that individual map.

Example 3: Create your first Main Base on the Island, while also raiding the Center to get any tames that are easier to get on Center than on The Island. Then you beat all of the caves on The Island and Center in whatever order you want to, then beat all of the bosses on The Island and Center in whatever order you want to. Then you either create a new character on Scorched Earth and begin the process again playing Scorched Earth and Ragnarok as a pair of maps just like you did The Island and Center.

Example 4: Focus mostly on the paid DLC maps with Explorers' notes and only raid the free DLC maps for specific dino's and resources, but maybe you don't ever bother with the caves and bosses on those maps.

...and so on.

As I say, it depends on how much you enjoy exploring and fully experiencing the content of every map in the game vs. how much you enjoy pushing through the game more quickly.

Something worth thinking about is that if you use the same character to move from map to map then the game will be much easier & faster than if you use new characters on each map, or every other map. Taking a Lvl 105 character with Tek gear on to Scorched Earth is a very different experience from starting a new character on that map and fully experiencing everything the map has to offer. Playing the game all the way through with a single character is almost like playing a completely different game than if you start over with new characters sometimes. When you start each new map with a Lvl 1 character you really have to learn that map, you have to figure out how to stay alive, where to build, the best way to farm resources and the best places to tame the animals you need. Bringing over stuff from other maps will make every map you play a lot easier and, in my opinion, less interesting.

With all that said, I'll tell you what my RL friends and I are doing. We have our own private, dedicated server, and we are doing one map at a time.

* We started on The Island with brand new characters, we did everything we could possibly do on The Island without ever going to any other maps. Everything we did, built, tamed, beat was from The Island.

* Then, after completely beating The Island, we started up Center with a brand new set of Lvl 1 characters. This way we got to fully experience Center without having OP mounts to keep us alive, without having Tek equipment, we had to figure out all of the challenges of leveling up and building with brand new characters. Now here's the twist - once we got to the point when we were ready to start doing caves we retired our new characters and brought over our Lvl 100+ characters from The Island, then we finished the map with the higher level characters.

* Then, after completing Center we did the same thing moving on to Scorched Earth. Begin with brand new Lvl 1 characters, level up, build, tame, and then just before doing caves we retired our new characters and imported our high level characters to do caves & boss fights. But even then we only did the boss fights with animals and equipment that that we tamed/crafted on Center, we didn't bring any resources from The Island to Center other than our characters.

* Repeat that process through each new map.

Our reason for doing it this way was that it has allowed us to fully experience each map individually, on their own terms rather than beating each map too quickly and too easily with high level tames & characters, but it also has created a feeling of continuity, with our original characters beating the caves & bosses on every map, which has made things more of a continuous story for us.

in the end, you should do whatever is right for you. If you want to take a Lvl 100+ character on to every new map then do it if that's more fun for you, if you want to play only paid DLC maps then do it if that's more fun for you. Don't let anyone else tell you how it "should" be done, play the game on your own terms and do whatever makes it the most interesting and entertaining for you.

Good luck and happy ARK'ing

15 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Ok, the storyline goes: The Island, Scorched earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis 1, finally Genesis 2
Non story maps goes: the center, ragnarok, valguero, and crystal isles.

@MuchiMuchiBoxThis is a great example of how different people think about the game differently.

I completely (but respectfully) disagree with what wizard has said here.

I would argue that the history maps, the lore maps, the "backstory" maps, or whatever you want to call them, are Island, SE, Aberration, Exctinction & Genesis. But the story maps include all of them. The history of ARK, the backstory of ARK, is the Explorers' note, but the actual story of ARK is all of the maps in the game, in the order they were released. The Explorers' notes are someone else's story, not yours.

Just like reading about history is not your story, it's someone else's. If you only care about reading someone else's history then only play the maps with the lore notes, but if you want to experience your own personal story of ARK then play the maps in whatever order makes you happy.

Rationing out the content has helped me squeeze a ton of play time out of the game.  I was a thousand hours in before I played another map besides Island. Probably 3k before I got any experience with Tek, and 5k before I actually did bosses myself.

There are still several maps I've never been to and probably 30 dinos I've never tamed. Never had half of the Tek stuff.  Honestly, I'll probably burn out on the mechanics before I get to everything.

Maybe off topic (sorry in advance) but am a new player (1 month on Crystal Isles crossark) and learnt that it is hard in PVP to get on your feet without playing other DLCs and seems especially Extinction due to lack of possibility to get snow owls and managarmrs. :(

Any advice how to compensate with Crstal Isles and Valguero dinos the mana? Haven't found any "antidote" and always get killed and raided afterwards.

6 hours ago, Domica said:

Maybe off topic (sorry in advance) but am a new player (1 month on Crystal Isles crossark) and learnt that it is hard in PVP to get on your feet without playing other DLCs and seems especially Extinction due to lack of possibility to get snow owls and managarmrs. :(

Any advice how to compensate with Crstal Isles and Valguero dinos the mana? Haven't found any "antidote" and always get killed and raided afterwards.

The best advice I can offer is one of two things.

Either a) play PvE for a while, until you learn more about the game, then go back to PvP when you've learned how to do things more quickly and efficiently (it's a lot easier to learn about all of the maps in PvE when you're not constantly getting wiped).

Or b) start making friends and look for bigger tribes to join. ARK is designed to be a game for tribes and that's especially true for PvP. It can be hard finding a tribe, no one is going to invite someone who's just spamming in public chat that they want to be invited. You have to work hard at getting to know the other people on the server, and chances are you'll get betrayed a few times along the way, but if you can start to make friends and find people to join with you'll find that for a newer player PvP is a lot more fun when you're in a tribe.

There are people who are good at playing PvP solo, but it makes everything harder. Getting killed and raided is going to be your normal experience in ARK until you know a lot more about the game.

I thought of another fun way to play ARK Single Player. I thought of this one a while ago, but never actually tried it. It sounded like a  lot of fun, but it clashes with the original story progression line.

So it's the Mastering of The Land. The Sea. The Air. Then becoming Master of Tek.

Basically you start on Aberration for the land portion. Whether or not you beat the boss is up to you. This isn't really a storyline play through. Or you can just pretend that you're character was inadvertently made and placed in Aberration first.

Then after you've finished Aberration or become bored with it. Head over to Genesis for the Sea part. This will keep you tied to land and sea only due to the fact that flying is disable. So get yourself some sea animals and have fun doing the missions and fighting the fish boss. Again your choice if you want to beat the end boss.

Then for the Air Mastery. For this you can choose from basically any map with unique flyers. I'd go with either Ragnarok, Scorched Earth, Crystal Isle, or Valguero. You want to include Wyverns in your selection. Doing them all is fine too. Even if you just want thier unique flyers.

Finally the Tek Mastery. For this there is only one choice. Extinction. This is where you will get your badass Tek Meks. At the same time capturing the Titans.

After that's all done the only thing left to do is collect everything and destroy all the endgame bosses on each map with your massive animal army. Although this isn't a totally story driven playthrough, it can still be treated as such. Even though you started in Aberration, you can still treat The Island as a backstory. Like you followed the notes all the way to the end. But your character was curious what the notes said aboot this Island, and after you beat Alpha Titan, you decide to head there to find the path of Helena, and Overseer, to destroy it.

What I like aboot this playthrough is that you don't have to spend the majority of your time on The Island, which in my opinion is one of the more boring maps to play on. You get to experience some of the more unique animals and maps early on instead of at the end when most of your tames have become obsolete. And it also makes tames like Karkinos and Rock Drakes useful for more than just the map that they are found on.

• 4 months later...

I set out on my journey on Ark 1.5years ago with an established plan on the sequence in which I will play through the game & right now, its 60% complete. My ordering for maps was:

Island -> Scorched Earth -> Aberration -> Extinction -> Genesis 1 -> Genesis 2 -> Center -> Ragnarok -> Valguero -> Crystal Isles -> Lost Island -> ...

With this approach, I can play through the Ark story in sequence without any breaks(by playing the non-story maps). After story ends, my player would be Lv 180 capable & have all the unique tames. We know Ark 2 is going to be non-Tek & geared towards a primitive experience. Hence, playing the non-story maps now in sequence after story maps end would allow me to be better prepared for Ark 2's journey. Again it allows me to relive my experience of the older story maps since like Island & Center are similar, Rag is like Island+Scorched etc. And while not as seamless as playing Gen2 last, it accounts for the fact that after Gen2, newer maps will be released like Lost Island and probably atleast one more map which has lots of candidates like Fjordur, Glacius, Alemia, Olympus, Titan etc which all look really cool.

Of-course, there's 1 more ordering of maps that I would really love to play through which is the ordering in which the maps were released combined with how they gel with each other:

The Island -► The Center -► Scorched Earth -► Ragnarok -► Aberration -► Extinction -► Valguero -► Genesis: Part 1 -► Crystal Isles -► Genesis: Part 2 -► Lost Island

This order allows player to progress the way Ark has progressed as a game over the years, how new biomes & items were made, how our perception of the game changed  etc.

Archived