Ark Island outposts

Canacullus

Ark Island outposts

Hey guys, new member here. i have been playing the Island map on PS4 with my little brother, and the settings are super easy so its not hard to get resources. i have started building various outposts. i have one at a good hunting spot in the arctic, one on the side of the volcano, and one in the swamp. i had a huge base on a beach, but it was super laggy so i kinda ditched it for now, and decided that, to avoid all the lag, it would be best if i had various outposts. a few argys and ankys at the volcano base, some sarcos/kapros/spinos/frogs at the swamp base, etc. I am looking for good places to build outposts for various resources. i flew around for a bit but couldnt find anything that really stoodout. any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

my personal outposts include one main base. Its at 10, 10'ish....literally right above the skylord cave. The reason for this is for the multitude of important resources......organic polymer located on the glaciers, obsidian, metal, crystal, oil. Also there are three drops that spawn in nearby all the time, with the potential of being a red drop as well!

Next I have one located at the peak of the hill at 57,48....its my main refinery for metal.

And last but not least, a very small one room/storage locker located at all the caves. Gotta have a safe spawn point for cave runs, just in case.

My main base is on the beach just south of where the tundra begins on the NW map corner.  There's enough resources within a short flight that the only reason I have to travel far is for riverland resources or specific tames.  It's also a great spot to tame argies, rexes, sabretooths, Yutys, allos, mammoths and others.   

4 hours ago, Jtiderencel17 said:

My main base is on the beach just south of where the tundra begins on the NW map corner.  There's enough resources within a short flight that the only reason I have to travel far is for riverland resources or specific tames.  It's also a great spot to tame argies, rexes, sabretooths, Yutys, allos, mammoths and others.   

Have to admit, in one of my earlier runs on SP, I had a base there too.....mostly to have a safe place before entering the snow regions, but it was a decent place

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Have to admit, in one of my earlier runs on SP, I had a base there too.....mostly to have a safe place before entering the snow regions, but it was a decent place

I believe the location you are speaking of is where i have my current base. I am going to start on a few mod maps, as I have already explored all of the main ones, especially island/rag/SE. anyways, thanks for the speedy replies. @Piffguru, I am playing SP with my brother. I turned off structure decay.

Thank you!

For an Island interior base location, I like the spot just off the NE corner of the redwood forest... were the two rivers come together.... north side of narrow gorge with the big log acting as a bridge.  From there it is a short 60 second argy flight to many metal farms.   It provides easy access to a variety of good spawns like rex/ thylo/ theri/ sloth/ bear and beaver.  It is also close enough to the swamp cave to make regular runs for late game gear.  However, I should acknowledge that I also have homes on the coast because there are some things you need that are best found near the water.  For solo play, it is one of my favorites.

• 1 month later...

Archived