Dino spawn rate extremely annoying

I was just walking through the red wood forest with my new baryonyx and Sabertooth. I looked around for danger. I saw absolutely nothing. But suddenly, out of the corner of my eye I saw 5 sabertooths just warp into existence! The same thing happened right after that with terror birds! I get that dinos have to spawn in every so often, but why 10 meters away from the player!? Off topic: I have opened nearly a dozen blue supply drops and haven't found a single piece of gear in any of them. Just individual engrave for a metal base which I have no interest in ever using.

On 7/16/2020 at 2:08 PM, GrognakTheDestroyer said:

I was just walking through the red wood forest with my new baryonyx and Sabertooth. I looked around for danger. I saw absolutely nothing. But suddenly, out of the corner of my eye I saw 5 sabertooths just warp into existence! The same thing happened right after that with terror birds! I get that dinos have to spawn in every so often, but why 10 meters away from the player!? Off topic: I have opened nearly a dozen blue supply drops and haven't found a single piece of gear in any of them. Just individual engrave for a metal base which I have no interest in ever using.

yeah, the render range on consoles really suck, add to that the game decides to spit things into existence at random and yeah, gotta bring some muscle just to comfortably walk through the park. Best I can offer, try to use a flyer to get over the problems and a couple cryo pods if your looking to tame things up.

And yeah, of all the drops in the game, I value the blue drops as the worst. junk blueprints and nothing but...….If you was online, maybe, but offline, BLEH! Can't even grind it up to get anything actually valuable.
If your looking for something actually worth while, try going up north.....purple drops are ok, yellow drops are awesome, red drops are legendary.

Archived