too many dinos! cant kill unclaimed?

Im on single player and as I've adjusted to the game I realize I have too darn many dinos to take care of. literally too many. I've tried to just set them to wander but that does not seem to make them go away. I've tried unclaiming then only to come back week or so later to find them still standing in the same place. 

Cant kill them for food. each hit seems to hurt but doesnt kill them. cant use another tame to kill them either. Should be a release to wild feature INMHO.

Ok so a wyvern would allow you to kill your own dinos with their breath attack, but you are on single player likely not available to you. You could not unclaim them and just stab them or shoot them to kill them but could take forever and waste resources. You could bring them to the ocean and let them drown. You could bring them out in a big train and attack a titan or giga and let them die in glory. You could make a bunch of campfires and sit ur dinos on them to let them burn to death. If you had cryopods you could cryo them and throw the cryo on the floor to let them despawn. Probably a bunch of other creative ways to get rid of them but I think you get the point.

Also the ones you unclaimed and left for a week and found them in the same place, If you log off of single player the entire world freezes so you could come back a year later and everything is in the same place. Good luck with your genocide.

• 4 weeks later...

Since you're on single player, as long as you dont have hundreds you can enable creative mode before you load the map (its in the settings at the bottom). Once loaded in press escape and enable creative mode and use the admin rifle that spawns in your inventory. Just toggle it to red / destroy mode (yellow is inspect mode and blue teleports you a short distance where you aim) and kill any unwanted dino in one shot and turn off creative mode with the toggle button when done.

Edited by sekani
  • Like 1
  • 9 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 10:41 PM, Luizza said:

Lazy way is to spawn in cryos, pod them all and just drop - they will despawn quicker, with less effort, than any other method.

On official we just leave unwanted dinos in pods in a normal storage box and forget them, takes a month but u can use the cryo again after.

Wow is that is very wasteful especially for single-player.

• Like 1
On 7/16/2020 at 1:54 PM, dizeyner said:

I've tried to just set them to wander but that does not seem to make them go away.

Put them on wander and aggressive. When they're on aggressive they will constantly attack anything they can find which will wear them down and get them killed more quickly. Of course it helps if you take them to an area that is fairly dangerous and reasonably far from your base, the farther the better.

Or you can leave them on passive, whistle them to follow you, get on a flyer and lead them out into the water, then whistle them to un-follow you. They either get killed by megalodons & mantas or will sink below the surface and drown.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, KuriAvonA said:

Wow is that is very wasteful especially for single-player.

Problem with singleplayer is that, when you quit the game, the game halts. So having them unclaimed, on wander, does little, if you dont play the game and see them die from whatever. I dont know exactly what you think is "too many" On officials there is a tame-limit of 500. You cant have more than 500 dinos out. On singleplayer that limit isnt there. So Idk what you are talking about when you say, too many. Do you have 1000 dinos out? 10 thousand? maybe even a million? :)

If there is a mass killing needed of thousands of dinos, it might be too much a time-effort killing them all by a Creative-Rifle shot to the head, or using the cheat "DestroyMyTarget" or "Kill" on every single one of them. You might want to actually only Cryo the dinos you want to keep and use the "DestroyAllEnemies" cheat to clear the whole game of dinos.

If there arent that many dinos to kill, just let them starve, only feed those you want to keep. Or use the dinos you want to get rid off to tame a pack of Troodons :)

Edited by SunsetErosion
On 7/16/2020 at 1:54 PM, dizeyner said:

Im on single player and as I've adjusted to the game I realize I have too darn many dinos to take care of. literally too many. I've tried to just set them to wander but that does not seem to make them go away. I've tried unclaiming then only to come back week or so later to find them still standing in the same place. 

Cant kill them for food. each hit seems to hurt but doesnt kill them. cant use another tame to kill them either. Should be a release to wild feature INMHO.

you need to change your server from a PvE server, to a PvP server......this will allow you to kill unclaimed, pick up wilds with argies and quetz's, but it will also turn on cryo sickness.....its literally a "pick your poison" deal.