GM ROSE SHOULD BE FIRED

Deathdefire87

GM ROSE SHOULD BE FIRED

My Character disappeared when transferring from one server to another within my cluster.  i made a new character and leveled it to approximately 111,  I set up an appointment to get my 150+ dino imprints transferred to the new character. It was a LONG 2 month wait and i showed up 35 minutes early and stayed online for 7 hours waiting. GM ROSE NEVER SHOWED UP OR RESPONDED until 10:22pm CST.   She told me to reschedule another appointment WHICH ISN'T AVAILABLE UNTIL SEPT 10th!!! what happens when she doesn't show up again?  THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! lets blow this up, it has happened to multiple people!

https://twitter.com/Kevin32902578/status/1283770477358600194?s=20

gm rose 1.png

gm rose2.png

gm rose3.png

gm rose 4.png

GM rose 5.png

I don't agree that it is garbage customer support. I would agree if you said "it's not especially great customer support".

Just as an outsider, here's what I see: you're affected by a game bug, you submit a ticket, a person responds, there is a complication, and your appointment has to be rescheduled. Maybe GM Rose couldn't attend your appointment because GM Rose got a call from the hospital saying her mother was in cardiac arrest.... Or any number of other reasons that are legitimate. You don't know, we don't know, but to assume that she was sleeping in late or skipping work over by the water cooler isn't productive.

Just to be fair, I'm not saying you shouldn't be mad about losing yourstuff, or that you should just accept it and not let it bother you. But keep in mind, this is a hired person, with a mandate, trying to do their job. Telling them they are garbage, using "!!!!!!!!!!!", and generally trying to make their life (or just the very moment) difficult for them, doesn't help your case. You will get what you get in the end, whatever's written in the stars for you is what you will end up with, you know? Whatever Rose can and is willing to do for you, she will do. But if you act entitled, there's a chance she'll unconsciously hold back a little on you. You would do the same to anyone that blew up on you for making a little mistake. That's just reality, regardless of what "great customer support" is supposed to look like in your assessment. Customer support reps are just human beings. Hired to help you. But they have procedures that they have to follow. When they can't do what you want, it's not the individual in front of you that's the problem. It's either the system behind them, or your expectations, that's the real perpetrator.

Anyway, sucks what happened to you.

35 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

I don't agree that it is garbage customer support. I would agree if you said "it's not especially great customer support".

Just as an outsider, here's what I see: you're affected by a game bug, you submit a ticket, a person responds, there is a complication, and your appointment has to be rescheduled. Maybe GM Rose couldn't attend your appointment because GM Rose got a call from the hospital saying her mother was in cardiac arrest.... Or any number of other reasons that are legitimate. You don't know, we don't know, but to assume that she was sleeping in late or skipping work over by the water cooler isn't productive.

Just to be fair, I'm not saying you shouldn't be mad about losing yourstuff, or that you should just accept it and not let it bother you. But keep in mind, this is a hired person, with a mandate, trying to do their job. Telling them they are garbage, using "!!!!!!!!!!!", and generally trying to make their life (or just the very moment) difficult for them, doesn't help your case. You will get what you get in the end, whatever's written in the stars for you is what you will end up with, you know? Whatever Rose can and is willing to do for you, she will do. But if you act entitled, there's a chance she'll unconsciously hold back a little on you. You would do the same to anyone that blew up on you for making a little mistake. That's just reality, regardless of what "great customer support" is supposed to look like in your assessment. Customer support reps are just human beings. Hired to help you. But they have procedures that they have to follow. When they can't do what you want, it's not the individual in front of you that's the problem. It's either the system behind them, or your expectations, that's the real perpetrator.

A reschedule would be received much better if response times were in minutes/hours not weeks / months. And people are pissed before that point because their character can’t be restored fully which is complete crap. 

3 hours ago, Fresiki said:

FFS  , just STOP with the trying to make excuses for the poor WildCard support ! It's getting really old ! No one wants to admit it for what it REALLY is .

3 hours ago, johnm81 said:

A reschedule would be received much better if response times were in minutes/hours not weeks / months. And people are pissed before that point because their character can’t be restored fully which is complete crap. 

Speaking as an unofficial server owner of my own cluster of 7 maps that have not wiped in about 2 years and a growing unique player list over 12,000: You CAN recover players and items and everything. I have done it and do it as required. The issue isn't about whether you CAN do it, the issue is duplication/cheating/false claiming. So they simply don't do it to avoid all that.

The reason there IS issues with duplication/cheating is 100% due to very badly structured game. Ark cluster mechanics are ridiculously bad.. they don't even have the fundamentals in place to save data across transfer which would completely eliminate that method of duplication and other cheating. It would also allow them to VERY easily and quickly recover lost player data without any risk of accidentally duplicating items/dinos etc.

Wildcard are 100% responsible for placing themselves in this position of giving bad customer service. They have failed to implement fundamental coding practices.

So you get a lot of people here fanboy defending Wildcard GM's "They do what they can with what they have". And I agree, the GM's are limited by the tools they have. However, they've also chosen to do this job, to work for a company with horribly bad game mechanics. Either get a new job, or grow a thick skin and accept that players will be frustrated and flabbergasted at poorly made game. If you cannot reschedule to have something fixed in a 'reasonable amount of time' then forget it, you failed. Players can recover themselves 100x faster than a GM rescheduling it for 3 months away.

It takes me mins to recover a player, or assign levels. I have automated system in place to know exactly what that chars last level was, engrams, everything. I don't need screenshots of an implant... If I had the time and the need to, I could fully automate character retrieval with no human interaction at all. If I was Wildcard with 100's of official servers, it's definitely something I'd be investing in rather than having a clearly inadequate GM system to do it.

Bottom line here is. These people are pissed at a failure of a GM to do their job, and possibly even abusing their authority just because they can (open to interpretation). What they should be mad about is the problem in the first place which can be almost eliminated, and at the very least, the fix automated. The GM's should not even be required.

1 hour ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

FFS  , just STOP with the trying to make excuses for the poor WildCard support ! It's getting really old ! No one wants to admit it for what it REALLY is .

It's not an excuse. You don't get what I'm saying so I'll say it bluntly:

Spending 40 dollars on something doesn't make you important. If Wildcard have to work for four hours on something that benefits you, your money is spent. Do you know what it costs to employ one single person? There's an unspoken social contract when you make a purchase, but because it's unspoken, you have nothing to claim. You got your money's worth and probably more than that, ten times over already. How much is viewing a movie in the cinema? That's 2 hours, meaning for the price of the game you could view 8 hours of cinema. What's your logged in time?

It's not an excuse, I am asking you to use your brain and think. In what universe would the thing you expect, which is for them to just comply with your will, even be viable in the long term? Companies would put out a game then go bankrupt two weeks later from having 600 customer support reps working 24 hours a day.

Technically, there is no law that says a company even has to have customer support. The fact that they have one should tell you they're actually interested in helping you, when they are able to. Which should tell you that whenever they're not able to, that's unwanted for you yes, but it's also unwanted for them. You could keep that thought going and extract a lot of useful assumptions. In the end, what sparked me even bothering to respond to this and the other thread about this GM, was the language you guys used early in the conversation. It's like you expected this to happen, and when the time approached and it became increasingly probable that this would happen, you just started unleashing. "This is BULLpoop" "You are TRASH". You expect customer support to behave like a charity, but you're acting like a Raptorclaus. Because you gave them 40 dollars and then got to play for 2000 hours. Sorry but you're being difficult.

Wanna know what regularly happens in the real world? A thing goes bad, you're in the right, and yet it still isn't resolved for you, and you just have to live with it. That happens all the time in the real world. You're not there yet, for all you know, next appointment the GM shows up on time and everything will be fine. If so, then at the end of it all, the only complaint you have is that it took longer than you think it should've taken. Which brings us back to my original analogy of what would happen to a company if they went to the lengths that you would find satisfactory.

27 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

It's not an excuse. You don't get what I'm saying so I'll say it bluntly:

Spending 40 dollars on something doesn't make you important. If Wildcard have to work for four hours on something that benefits you, your money is spent. Do you know what it costs to employ one single person? There's an unspoken social contract when you make a purchase, but because it's unspoken, you have nothing to claim. You got your money's worth and probably more than that, ten times over already. How much is viewing a movie in the cinema? That's 2 hours, meaning for the price of the game you could view 8 hours of cinema. What's your logged in time?

It's not an excuse, I am asking you to use your brain and think. In what universe would the thing you expect, which is for them to just comply with your will, even be viable in the long term? Companies would put out a game then go bankrupt two weeks later from having 600 customer support reps working 24 hours a day.

Technically, there is no law that says a company even has to have customer support. The fact that they have one should tell you they're actually interested in helping you, when they are able to. Which should tell you that whenever they're not able to, that's unwanted for you yes, but it's also unwanted for them. You could keep that thought going and extract a lot of useful assumptions. In the end, what sparked me even bothering to respond to this and the other thread about this GM, was the language you guys used early in the conversation. It's like you expected this to happen, and when the time approached and it became increasingly probable that this would happen, you just started unleashing. "This is BULLpoop" "You are TRASH". You expect customer support to behave like a charity, but you're acting like a Raptorclaus. Because you gave them 40 dollars and then got to play for 2000 hours. Sorry but you're being difficult.

i've responded similiarly to this in similiar threads. they don't want to hear what you have to say. they live in a magical place where laws and rules work however they choose to interpret them, and being rude to people magically makes them agree with them. "wow you know what? I really am whatever terrible thing this guy who isn't paying me called me I will change my ways and do stuff that is impossible with the current policy to appease them",   you get it.

For those that don't i'll simplify it even further: you do not own anything on official servers, or the servers themselves.  they are provided to you for free so you will receive support that free will buy for you.  Your money purchased you a complete game that can be ran on your own hardware and receives constant updates AND mod support.  If wild card went bankrupt tomorrow and just died as a company, you would still have a complete game.

Ha I love when people come in and say o in the real world things go bad. Wildcard set up in most departments is half assed and poorly implemented. It’s no surprise to me when the patch’s break games, cheats win and GM blaze through the problem with a lack of care probably because they are paid poorly. Everything is done wrong here folks. It was clear this game needed a lot of care and a slow dlc role out. But they decided screw it “plow on with dlc and see what happens”. 

If ever there was a game that need monthly subscriptions. Maybe they can consider that next time. And anyone that doesn’t like monthly subs, just look at this complex mess of a game that is forced to smash stuff out to stay alive.

The product manager of ark needs to be blamed for the ongoing character loss issue. The failure to have proper character backups implemented is 100% a failure of this incompetent product manager.

Its been requested hundreds of times and I think its time for a new product manager so we can actually get the things done to this game it needs, like CHARACTER BACKUPS.

1 hour ago, Deathdefire87 said:

I would pay $5 to $10/monthly if they got better servers and fixed things that needed to be fixed.

Yup, you get what you pay for. Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration of a months long wait only to have someone not show... and wasting your whole day. It's sucks, and people's time is worth something. But, that's the level of service being paid for.

Anyone that's willing to pay more for better, should consider a private third party hosted server. You can rent one for $20 month and then ask other players to contribute to keep costs way down for everyone. 

17 hours ago, Fresiki said:

I agree it's not worth the reaction, but not keeping an appointment that's been made for months, making someone wait all day, then finally re-scheduling hours after the fact is EXTREMELY unprofessional. 'Garbage' customer support it is. That doesn't mean someone should be treated disrespectfully in return though. 

Archived