Genesis ocean biome unplayable and broken not to mention all the other bugs

Tourretes

All Genesis is broken.
Personally, I was bored by the bugs and lag that make all missions so difficult...
I returned 2 days ago after leaving..  Game crashed while I was underwater. I couldn't go back because I was getting a message saying I was already connected. By the time I got back I was already dead and my basilosaurus lost in the vastness of the ocean.
I do not recommend this DLC even to my worst enemy....

14 hours ago, hugol206 said:

All Genesis is broken.
Personally, I was bored by the bugs and lag that make all missions so difficult...
I returned 2 days ago after leaving..  Game crashed while I was underwater. I couldn't go back because I was getting a message saying I was already connected. By the time I got back I was already dead and my basilosaurus lost in the vastness of the ocean.
I do not recommend this DLC even to my worst enemy....

And same thing can happen on any map.

3 hours ago, hugol206 said:

I play all maps. I've been in the game for 7,000 hours. The worst things happen in genesis, and more often. I know what I'm talking about...

Clearly you haven't discovered that the devs feed off the salt of our tears. Every map has had problems and bugs from day one on the island(including the 2 years of pre release). You need to love the game warts and all. Gen has gotten a lot better in the months since release as all the maps have but I grant you there are still problems a plenty. Getting kicked out every 1min-10min was a new experience and I lost a couple tames and babies due to the troubles but hey what else are we going to do? Play Conan Exiles? i love this game!

The biome is bad but almost all Ark water is kind of bad. 

More likely to lag if built on the beach, in my experience, and I think that has to do with rendering in large portions of the ocean.

Now they introduced a biome that the largest population of the server built in. No easy way to pillar off other bases out of render and once they opened transfers so people could populate with more structures and dino's it got super bad.

I can't even use my squid anymore because it's too fast and atrocious lag comes with that speed.

There's even more details and dino's to load in than a normal ocean.

They have a lot of optimization to do but, again in my experience, they do get it to a playable state within a year. Ab blue was dreadful and Extinction city was garbage but both are a lot better at this point.

6 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

The biome is bad but almost all Ark water is kind of bad. 

More likely to lag if built on the beach, in my experience, and I think that has to do with rendering in large portions of the ocean.

Now they introduced a biome that the largest population of the server built in. No easy way to pillar off other bases out of render and once they opened transfers so people could populate with more structures and dino's it got super bad.

I can't even use my squid anymore because it's too fast and atrocious lag comes with that speed.

There's even more details and dino's to load in than a normal ocean.

They have a lot of optimization to do but, again in my experience, they do get it to a playable state within a year. Ab blue was dreadful and Extinction city was garbage but both are a lot better at this point.

indeed, that explained it

it was playable for me because i built in ocean, not on shore

7 hours ago, Aushegun said:

The problem is, you are wasting your time playing Genesis.   It is a total disaster fail of a map, and is not even worth playing, EVER.  It is a horrible lag and bug fest.

Save yourself the headache, and play the other maps instead.

ironically, from my experience it is the most lagless map in offical PVE cluster.....
aberration aside, of course

Archived