Dino gather rate and melee clarification

JJacky

Dino gather rate and melee clarification

Hi, I'm a little confused about dino gather rates and the info on forums is controversial.

What affects dino gather rate (official servers)? Is it "melee%" or damage output? I have a direwolf and beelzebufo with identical melee of 300%. According to Dododex, they have the same gather rates for chitin, yet my wolf is gathering significantly more chitin. Frog has crap damage even with its sweep attack, while wolf damage is pretty good.

Ideas?

direwolf has a base damage of 33 and sabertooth has base damage of 29 so the direwolf will scale up to more damage than the sabertooth at the same % melee. The harvesting is based on damage output so higher damage from the direwolf will gain you more, and it probably a higher damage because direwolf doesnt have a saddle which the saber does, so you choose more damage or more survivability. Base damage plays a big part on how good the creature is, you can get a frog to 1000% melee but it wont do anywhere near a rex with 1000% melee.

It gets a little bit more complicated in some situations because for creatures like an anky, people put points into melee to harvest more metal and such. Ive read that people found that at a certain point if you put the melee too high it will cause the anky to harvest a rich metal node in 1 hit getting a high amount of metal but if it was slightly lower melee it would take 2 swings to harvest which will net you more metal overall. Apparently theres a sweet spot? but I just max out melee on ankys anyway cause nothing else helps in anyway for me.

Archived