Flag land ownership to replace pillar spam.

WilliamMichell

Suggestion

I would like to see a system to get rid of the pillar spam.

My sugestion is to give each player 3 land flags (which can be picked up and moved or destroyed)

Flags have a decay which matches the decay timer of the longest decay within the zone and when a flag auto decays everything inside auto decays with it

Building would not be restricted to within the flag zone but anyone could build next to anything outside the zones

Structures outside the no build zones have a very short decay

Flags would have a no build radius of 37 foundations diameter (same as a Tek Generator)

Flags that overlap another flag zone from the same tribe extend the radius to the new flag position so 2 flags would have a max range of 55.5 foundations. This way bases would always have a circular no build zone.

Please feel free to expand on this idea in the comments

NB. flags would have to be personnally managed (not tribe managed) so each individual player would have to log on to refresh the timers

6 replies to this server topic

Just now, WilliamMichell said:

so was Atlas to be fair

True. 

I think it's way too later for a legitimate PvE landclaim system that's fair, at least for the original Ark. Maybe for a sequel. The game Wurm online had a good landclaim system, but it was more like minecraft with resource distribution than Ark.

Base claim areas also need buffer zones and some form of upkeep.

More high resource designations and natural reserves are needed.

Would current bases be grandfathered into a new system? This is where a wipe and really a beta test would be needed.

I think it would only work on new servers but its something I would like to see. Maybe they could introduce it in stages giving players the chance to either get enough regular players to put land claims on their whole bases or for them to scale down their bases to what they could manage.

My initial idea was to give each flag 1.5x or 2x the range of a Tek Generator ( I have looked to see how big that is and it is quite massive lol )

3 minutes ago, WilliamMichell said:

I think it would only work on new servers but its something I would like to see. Maybe they could introduce it in stages giving players the chance to either get enough regular players to put land claims on their whole bases or for them to scale down their bases to what they could manage.

My initial idea was to give each flag 1.5x or 2x the range of a Tek Generator ( I have looked to see how big that is and it is quite massive lol )

There would have to be limits. Really severe limits compared to what build limits currently exists.

Spheres are a really bad shape for landclaim considering all the base building components are square or equilateral triangles.

Plus would you allow base claim at level 1? 

1 hour ago, WilliamMichell said:

I would like to see a system to get rid of the pillar spam.

My sugestion is to give each player 3 land flags (which can be picked up and moved or destroyed)

Flags have a decay which matches the decay timer of the longest decay within the zone and when a flag auto decays everything inside auto decays with it

Building would not be restricted to within the flag zone but anyone could build next to anything outside the zones

Structures outside the no build zones have a very short decay

Flags would have a no build radius of 37 foundations diameter (same as a Tek Generator)

Flags that overlap another flag zone from the same tribe extend the radius to the new flag position so 2 flags would have a max range of 55.5 foundations. This way bases would always have a circular no build zone.

Please feel free to expand on this idea in the comments

NB. flags would have to be personnally managed (not tribe managed) so each individual player would have to log on to refresh the timers

Use hackers !! Lol very hard to say. but... eventually they are there not real big ones but still tho.. it will back off allot of problems to wild card for players who want to play on pvp or pve.. also to solve as a game master..

Saw it was possible to breach the system with (permission)... but yeah does not really solve the problem to transport connection around the world,

PC in the upper hand is quite better cause I play ps4. It’s just so ugly those pillars or the hundreds of Dino’s that wil not be used , if that was a women damn poor women :( but yeah still was thinking people would make nice building’s ,events and sort but it’s more fort in mein kampf. but happy to play the game but is so troublesome.

Greetzz peace out !!

Archived