Old timer coming back, needs help with servers/expansions

slimpickings

Hey there,

I had Ark when it came out and absolutely loved it. Looking to make my return but need some help.

Is there a database of private servers people can join ( PC )? The official ones I was never keen on personally due to 8 hour tame times etc. Seriously looking to find people to play with as I wont stand a chance on my own!

Secondly, which is the best  map these days excluding Genesis? I know is subjective but generally is there one that stands out?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, d1nk said:

Good news! They've made ARK ezmode since release:) Now its 2x everything

(basically 4x because all the QoL updates people didnt like having to work for their stuff)

So now taming is now way easier, so is harvesting and breeding

Enjoy! 

I’m like the only person that misses the older Rates, no corpse locator

11 hours ago, slimpickings said:

Ahh quicker tames are better, I remember the spino being a crazy time!

Is there a database of private servers to join? Looking to join an active server but no idea where to start!

Honestly it's been over a year since I've played. Check the server advertising sub forum and I believe there's a repository of server databases uhhh.. been awhile. Best to google ARK server listings or something I know there's a page somewhere just cant remember the name.

Good luck man. Despite the changes ARK is still a great game and even better on unofficial. 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 7/14/2020 at 10:46 AM, slimpickings said:

Hey there,

I had Ark when it came out and absolutely loved it. Looking to make my return but need some help.

Is there a database of private servers people can join ( PC )? The official ones I was never keen on personally due to 8 hour tame times etc. Seriously looking to find people to play with as I wont stand a chance on my own!

Secondly, which is the best  map these days excluding Genesis? I know is subjective but generally is there one that stands out?

Thanks!

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/90-server-advertisements/

As for map, that is very subjective, and also based on what you like.   What are you looking for in a map?   Easy building?   Resources?  Caves to explore?  Scenery?  Animals from different maps?  You like the water/ocean? Fast pace?  Slow as you go?

And even then, some of it will be based on the rates, the mods, and what tuning the admin has done.  

Archived