xbox [Xbox Suggestion] Empty server list, Joining failed,Retrieve address error

mikejoe

Suggestion

[Xbox Suggestion] Empty server list, Joining failed,Retrieve address error

[Xbox Suggestion] About empty server list, joining failed,couldn't retrieve address etc login issues. 

Hello ark dev, as an old player in the xbox console of ark, I often encounter the problem of not being able to find the server, or could not retrieve address. but I can join my friend share "join game" very quickly.  When an xbox user joins an online game, Ark retrieves all the servers of the last classification, such as officials dedicated arks server, or unofficial PC sessions, which will be downloaded from arkdedicated.com, and as of today, the official server list size is 781k, unofficial PC PC Sessions server list file size is 11M, for local players in the United States, okay, this is not a problem, but for players in other countries around the world ,because of  issues of network bandwidth, delay, packet loss and other common problems, get these files has become a big problem,and arkdedicated.com will redirect to s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com, but  in Asia, there are some problems to access this site , if these files(like unofficialserverlist.json) can not be properly obtained,ark can not list the server, it is not successful login, And  if i log in successfully but ark crash or disconnect then repeat this process, refresh the server list, spend too much time on this process every day,that has affected the customer experience, My suggestion is very simple, but easy to implement, that is, xbox local save a successful login server list , every time we try to join online , first show this local list to join direct. if login failed, user can  manually choose to use the remote server list. this has many obvious benefit, if ark crash,he do not need to wait for a long time, to quickly login  from the local server list. the user experience will be very good, the arkdedicated.com server pressure will low, because everyone login every day mostly the same few servers.forgive my poor english, Hope to adopt this proposal, I wish ark will be better. thank you very much. mikejoe.

1 reply to this server topic

9 minutes ago, mikejoe said:

[Xbox Suggestion] Empty server list, Joining failed,Retrieve address error

[Xbox Suggestion] About empty server list, joining failed,couldn't retrieve address etc login issues. 

Hello ark dev, as an old player in the xbox console of ark, I often encounter the problem of not being able to find the server, or could not retrieve address. but I can join my friend share "join game" very quickly.  When an xbox user joins an online game, Ark retrieves all the servers of the last classification, such as officials dedicated arks server, or unofficial PC sessions, which will be downloaded from arkdedicated.com, and as of today, the official server list size is 781k, unofficial PC PC Sessions server list file size is 11M, for local players in the United States, okay, this is not a problem, but for players in other countries around the world ,because of  issues of network bandwidth, delay, packet loss and other common problems, get these files has become a big problem,and arkdedicated.com will redirect to s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com, but  in Asia, there are some problems to access this site , if these files(like unofficialserverlist.json) can not be properly obtained,ark can not list the server, it is not successful login, And  if i log in successfully but ark crash or disconnect then repeat this process, refresh the server list, spend too much time on this process every day,that has affected the customer experience, My suggestion is very simple, but easy to implement, that is, xbox local save a successful login server list , every time we try to join online , first show this local list to join direct. if login failed, user can  manually choose to use the remote server list. this has many obvious benefit, if ark crash,he do not need to wait for a long time, to quickly login  from the local server list. the user experience will be very good, the arkdedicated.com server pressure will low, because everyone login every day mostly the same few servers.forgive my poor english, Hope to adopt this proposal, I wish ark will be better. thank you very much. mikejoe.

Sounds like a good idea.  Maybe theyll think about it in 4 effing years like all the other problems they just let go.

Archived