Daeodon Healing

AirplaneSlider

2 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Daeodon Healing I will be raising wyverns without milk. I was wondering do I need a high level daeodon for better healing or does level not matter? Also how many daeodons will I need? Is just one okay? Thanks

Getting milk is super easy. I did it reliably with 3 behemoth gates, 1 reinforced door, and stone pillars with a couple ceilings ontop of them. Add one high health argy, and profit. But if you want to attempt to do it without milk, good luck. Noticed that multiple times during the imprinting, one of the things they kept asking for was wyvern milk for the imprinting buff. =/

As for the daeodon, you want as much food stat as possible.....the more food stat, the longer he can emit healing before getting shut down......nothing effects how much extra they can heal with each pulse, and nothing else changes his healing abilities, just the food stat and how long he can offer a healing effect.
As for adding multiple daeodons, Im unsure if the effect is changed, but you may heal your wyverns faster. It would help mitigate the damage they take from starving. 

I will warn you tho, just one daeodon is enough to wipe out everything in all your fridge. No joke I just went on a underwater cave run and just thrashed everything in it more for the meat just for the deadon we have.....with over 60k food state, roughly 3k in fish meat was just enough to fill it up. Had to give the regular meat we have stashed back for ourselves to help keep the rest of our guys fed....I got a rex healing, pair of yuty's breeding, and a group of penguins set up as a poly farm. The pig ate all their food AND the trough food

Use cooked meat with daedons and make sure it can't draw raw meat from feeding troughs (Cooked is 2.5 times more effective for Daedons)

Supply the Daedon with a large amount of food and don't try more than 5 wyverns at once. The stats of the Daedon don't matter at all for this case. Set him on passive healing, don't actively replenish its food, just rely on his eating when hungry. If you don't use any stack mod then you should have multiple feeding troughs. If you use S+/SS mod, you can use blacklist/whitelist feature on feeding troughs in order to let the Daedon to only eat cooked and not raw meat (let other dinos eat the raw).

And for imprinting use cryopod (capture and then release) if it ask for something you don't have or you don't want to give up. It'll mostly ask for something else (like cuddle or walk)

I have not had a success yet my wyverns died on me during lag spikes.  But I keep trying.

There's a glitch/problem where low level wyvern babies, crystal or otherwise, will hit a NEGATIVE FOOD SPIKE that kills them instantly.  No chance to heal them.  Higher level wyvern youths can survive the spike but they take big damage. 

Feed wyvern stim berries to control torp after food bar tanks zero.

Get as many hogs as you can, at least four, high level.  Wild is fine you don't have to breed them.  They are insane easy to catch.  Level up hogs food stat.  Then get about 10-20 refrigerators full of raw meat.  Cryopods you will need rest.  Don't bother with an owl unless you just happen to have one then you can keep it in standby if something goes terribly wrong. 

The Warthogs eat to much to keep up with the demand.  But you can force feed them.  But they glitch STOP PASSIVE HEALING if you are not careful keep watch.  Don't mount the warthog seems to set off the glitch to stop passive healz.  Keep one hog going.  

Don't do it all at once.  If tired cryo that wyvern take breaks.  I have to take three days away from it or I go into a deep depression.  Raising babies is insane boring!

• 2 months later...

I have tried this with both Snow Owl and Daedon with no luck.  I see the "heal" animation on the wyvern, but when I check healing both before and after the health has not changed, or has only risen a point or two which happens without the healing from the dino anyway.

The only guess I have is that the heal doesn't work if there is still food in the baby Wyvern, or the ability was nerfed.

I've tried getting milk, but on official PvP servers, the griefing is too strong to actually set up a a trap and knock out a wyvern, though I've come close a couple times.

Anyone have any ideas?  Did they nerf this ability?

I got this right as recently as June this year. It was however on my private server that I could shut down when I got tired of the wait! As above, cryo of the babies is the answer to on-line. One pig is mostly enough - although their healing is glitched, so I generally have 2 pigs, with one being an emergency reserve if babies are close to death and the active pig is not doing his business.

As above the more babies being raised, the more the pig will deplete his food so a high food stat is the answer. And better try this only with high level babies so that there is a margin of error in their food / health stat. For on-line, let the eggs hatch just before you logout - they will survive with NO pig (by depleting their own food stat) until tomorrow morning when you can check to see if healing is required yet. Have LOTS of food and LOTS of stim berries!

Archived