Level 99 and can't craft a pickaxe

Zapha

Level 99 and can't craft a pickaxe

I came back to check out the new Crystal Isles map. Logged in in Valguero, striped all my stuff and changed to Crystal Isles. And now I'm stuck because I can't craft a simple pickaxe. It's unlocked but not in the crafting list.

I would need one flint for a hatchet, but can't get this one flint without pickaxe. Only idea I have is to farm orbital drops until I find a pickaxe or a flint.

Any other ideas?

No, it's not a filter issue, it's the stone pickaxe which isn't craftable. Wiki say the stone pickaxe is unlocked per default for a new char. That's maybe the problem, that the coders have forgotten this default unlock for Crystal Isles.

That's an idea with the sabertooths, but how to kill them with bare hands? I even can't craft a spear because I would need flint too. Other players didn't helped me ("Oh, you are so far away").

Before I delete ARK from my harddrive I make another last try here: I would be grateful for a unlocked chest with a stone pickaxe in it. Please write the chest coordinates for any PVE Crystal Isles Server here, so that I can get it there. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wait a day, maybe this will fix it.

After someone nice gave me a position of a chest with a pickaxe I logged in a day later, and suddenly the pickaxe was available in the crafting menue. But I moved to the other server with the chest in the hope there would be more in the chest (and there was a Ptera in it, too. Thanks to the donator).

When I moved to the other server the pickaxe was again not craftable. But a day later.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a relatively old post - but I encountered this bug myself over the weekend. I have steam version of ark. Transferred to a new (Official) server (PVE - Ragnarock). Messed around a bit, and got my face eaten off. Re-spawned, and I could not craft a pickaxe. Engram was highlighted as being learned in the list, but in the crafting tab it was missing. More to the point a pickaxe was in my hot bar, and pressing the relevant number would not craft it - or even pop up the info sheet saying what was missing for the craft.

I eventually jumped to a different server, and then back again, and the engram was back. Played a bit more - died again. and the engram was once more missing. This time I went to one of the obies - chose transfer to a different server, and then canceled the transfer. And the engram was back!

Have logged a ticket, but no response on it yet.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 1:30 AM, Human123Tribe123 said:

I have this bug too. Came back to an old char on smalltribes with reset skills. Since then it isn't possible to craft a Stone pickaxe, a note or a torch. I got my hours and know how it works. This is definitly a bug. I can't get one flint which makes starting out without anything almost impossible.

It is a bug and seems to occur when transferring old characters from server to server. I died a few times within the same server and the stone pick engram eventually showed up.  I think transferring back and forth between servers should fix it as well. Good luck.

• 4 months later...

Archived