Cluster sessions visible intermittently

Cluster sessions visible intermittently

It took me a couple days but I was able to get the cluster setup working and we've been using the terminals to bounce around as needed between two maps; It's been great, but there have been some problems.

What I had initially been scouring my own configuration and setup for seems to be more on the Steam side of things - namely that there are tens of thousands of servers, and rather than use any sort of intelligent filtering when you click 'travel to another server' it just tries to download and scrape the entirety of the ark server lists and show you if the other node in your cluster shows up. Is there no way to help this out? I mean for crying out loud I can go to battlemetrics.com and put in a search string to match my servers and it gives me results back instantly, even has details on how long they've been up and available, player login/logoff details, etc. Why is the game (and steam) having so much trouble providing this session info for people to jump between clustered servers when it's their own native data?

Is there anything I can do to work the system or speed up the results?

When I restarted my cluster just now to get a mod update, it got picked up right away by the travel function - suggesting that if my servers are up and stable for good amounts of time travel will just be impossible after a while unless I bounce things.

There's GOT to be a way to keep the server listing 'fresh' so that it's findable.

Archived