Dying due to bugs

WhyNotPL

Dying due to bugs

Recently I have died in an artifact cave on valguero due to a bug when I tried to use hook in order to pass through trench but game decided to kill me instantly with no reason. I have lost the ascendant stuff, op tames etc. People on server told me: 'that's the way she goes, there's nothing you can do'. Is there really not a single ray of hope in getting back my items, when it wasn't my fault at all in particular? I want to add that I've done this several times and it worked smoothly before.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:08 PM, WhyNotPL said:

Dying due to bugs

Recently I have died in an artifact cave on valguero due to a bug when I tried to use hook in order to pass through trench but game decided to kill me instantly with no reason. I have lost the ascendant stuff, op tames etc. People on server told me: 'that's the way she goes, there's nothing you can do'. Is there really not a single ray of hope in getting back my items, when it wasn't my fault at all in particular? I want to add that I've done this several times and it worked smoothly before.

u won't get anything... probably wildcard will not even recognize because they just don't care... ;)

Their anti mesh is totally broken.  

Just a heads don't teleport with expensive stuff in ur inventory, there is a bug since last update that when u use a teleporter pad u occasionally die instantly and ur dead body leaves no bag, im sure this bag will be under the mesh hence why u cant see it.  This has happened to someone on our server that had a lot of podded dinos and lost them because of this

why do they even need an anti-mesh? it sounds like a completely different program duct taped over the coding of the maps.

Isn't this an issue with how the maps were designed in the first place? Why couldn't they just use the same code they used for the maps to just fill in the potholes they have?

Losing gear due to walking into a random wall your not suppose to go through and dying instantly doesn't sound like a fix. It sounds like punishment because they don't know how to fix the issue. Its like all the programmers they had when they made these maps got fired and no one knows how to translate the original code.

11 hours ago, ArkCreation said:

why do they even need an anti-mesh? it sounds like a completely different program duct taped over the coding of the maps.

You're basically right. And originally anti-mesh wasn't a thing, but Ark was dying due to all the cheating and something new absolutely had to be done about it. It was and still is an unbelievable amount of work but wildcard has managed to really reduce the cheating. It's one thing I'm actually impressed with for their recent work and one reason we keep our cluster updated.

On 7/11/2020 at 2:31 PM, shadowkyuubi said:

sounds like you were killed by the anti meshing measures that were put into the game

Yes, that would be reasonable to conclude. It's likely one of the "false positives" that WC is still working on (see the recent patch notes).

@WhyNotPL  it would be useful for exact coordinates or even a screenshot if possible, in case WC moderators actually see your post and decide to take an interest.

16 hours ago, singalty said:

You're basically right. And originally anti-mesh wasn't a thing, but Ark was dying due to all the cheating and something new absolutely had to be done about it. It was and still is an unbelievable amount of work but wildcard has managed to really reduce the cheating. It's one thing I'm actually impressed with for their recent work and one reason we keep our cluster updated.

Yes, that would be reasonable to conclude. It's likely one of the "false positives" that WC is still working on (see the recent patch notes).

@WhyNotPL  it would be useful for exact coordinates or even a screenshot if possible, in case WC moderators actually see your post and decide to take an interest.

Well, I dont feel like going there again, really. That inconvenient experience made me feel sceptical about ARK for now.

20 hours ago, WhyNotPL said:

So basically, to sum up, whatever happens, even though it's a clear injustice, noone gives a show about it? What do people pay for, anyway?

You paid for the game, and not nearly as much as it is worth.

You can play single player on your own computer, on someone else's unofficial server, or pay for your own unofficial server. All of those options can be backed up and you could rollback to get your stuff.

If you choose to play on official servers, which you do not pay a sub for, they are free, then you cannot expect top notch support, the costs would be far too high. If you can't accept that then it's easy not to play official.

Btw most long term players never take their best stuff anywhere, that's why people like bp's so much and breed / clone copies of their best dinos. Never take anything into a cave you are not prepared to lose, even without the antimeshing system if your internet goes down, or the server does, then you will most likely die and anyone else can take your stuff even on PVE.

20 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Could be just hooks. Those always worked like that and was disintegrating players on ab long before antimeshing system was introduced.

just happened to me using climbing hooks and scaling pillars to swing myself onto a platform on top.

but to be honest, I think it's a feature of surprise as the successfully implemented the same 'feature' to Atlas.

Archived