Dedicated server - Suddenly nobody can connect

Dedicated server - Suddenly nobody can connect

I put together a PC from spare parts last weekend and set it all up on the network with a fresh install of Windows and installed Ark/ASM so I could run a server on it.

In preparation I forwarded ports 7777-7778 and 27015-27020 on my router, but I also set the server PC as DMZ anyway so it should be fine on the router end for traffic.  ASM auto manages firewall rules so the ports and program are also set to allow traffic in Windows, when I open resource manager I can see it is listening on the correct ports.

The server worked great for 3-4 days, had 6-7 people playing with no issues at all.

From yesterday evening now I believe after updating only the two computers on my network can connect to the server, nobody external is able to see it through Steam favourites, Ark favourites or through the friends list on Ark when one of the PCs on the network is on it, and direct connect via IP doesn't work.  I have tried doing a hard restart of my router as well as restarting all relevant computers etc.

I have been testing it for hours now but can't find any issue - For now I completely disabled both Windows and my router's firewall to see if they were the issue but nothing.  I have portscanned over the network and using online tools and it shows that 7777 UDP is Open|Filtered when the server is up but Closed when it's down, I believe Open|Filtered is just because it receives no response but the connection hasn't been exclusively refused.

To add on to this, I'm able to punch my external IP into gametracker.co.uk and it resolves totally fine, shows the names of the local PCs connected and that the server is up/working, but the multiple people I have tried with now just can't connect to it.

I wouldn't have thought it is a mod issue as I have a collection set up and the local PCs are getting the same mods as everyone else who can't see the server or connect, I have also tried launching the server with no mods and no configs so it generates fresh ones with no result. I'm at my wits end now with this, is there anything I might be missing?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here i was hosting a dedicated server for myself and a friend on my Pc for xbox one from microsoft store everything works just fine for a week or 2 and then the halloween event update came out and we are able to play 30 minutes then we getting kicked out got to close the game and reconnect every 3o minutes or so we're getting kicked out... anyone knows anything about this? :(

Archived