Not Many Decent Unofficial PvP Servers Left

WhiteWolf9182

Not Many Decent Unofficial PvP Servers Left

Completely subjective but the last few times i've played - mid to late last year - unofficial servers were pretty nuts, plenty of players and plenty of variety in the servers / mods. Preference has always been to play on servers with Ragnarok Plus / Cross Aberration / etc, Classic Flyers and S+. 

Can't seem to get populated modded servers with a good combination of mods anymore. The few higher population ones are generally quite plain (S+, very watered down versions of Classic Flyers and some other small QoL additions). It's the dino adding mods that seem very unpopular now, not sure if its balance problems or what not but being able to tame Reapers with Cross Aberration on Ragnarok was pretty awesome. I was also looking at the new Crystal Isles Dino mod that re adds the dinos that were taken out pre release, the largest pop PvP server i found running it had 3 players.

Anyone else run into the same issues? I am from the OCE region but also look for NA servers. It sucks because i get cravings for this game, get on and then get off  an hour later because i can't find a decent server. 

13 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I think the biggest problem here is just seeking high populations. Instead of seeking excellent and fair admins, sustainable rates and mods, and actually growing a community.

Sure, but by high population i mean more than 5 or just SOME active players on the servers with decent mods, especially in the OCE region. Usually they are clusters, but the populated clusters have vote systems for which maps are involved and for whatever reason the major ones in my region consist of Rag, Extinction, Island, Crystal Isles and Val, for someone more casual with friends who play who are even more casual than myself it's all about the cool dinos, new tech things and a more good spirited PvP approach over just playing the same map wipe after wipe, with the same competing alpha tribes that always ends with one offlining half the server.

In earlier times where there were some excellent servers they did have good admins and decent communities. I haven't played enough Ark on the higher pop servers to really comment on the admins / community in recent times. 

Tempted to start up a server of my own to fit what i want and hope people join, but i don't have enough spare time to be a good admin which sucks. 

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf9182 said:

Sure, but by high population i mean more than 5 or just SOME active players on the servers with decent mods, especially in the OCE region. Usually they are clusters, but the populated clusters have vote systems for which maps are involved and for whatever reason the major ones in my region consist of Rag, Extinction, Island, Crystal Isles and Val, for someone more casual with friends who play who are even more casual than myself it's all about the cool dinos, new tech things and a more good spirited PvP approach over just playing the same map wipe after wipe, with the same competing alpha tribes that always ends with one offlining half the server.

In earlier times where there were some excellent servers they did have good admins and decent communities. I haven't played enough Ark on the higher pop servers to really comment on the admins / community in recent times. 

Tempted to start up a server of my own to fit what i want and hope people join, but i don't have enough spare time to be a good admin which sucks. 

Most good unofficial servers dont need to advertise. They wont appear on the server listings because of what you listed. They dont want some random griefers joining and messing up their community. Have you even looked st the server listings or just browse through server list ingame? 

15 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Instead of seeking excellent and fair admins, sustainable rates and mods, and actually growing a community.

i tried that, but its simply quite unrealistic to join every single server and check its admin, players, server hardware, and stability. Eons could pass before a good server is found.....

so what else can on look for other than population?

On 7/10/2020 at 12:38 AM, nameless said:

i tried that, but its simply quite unrealistic to join every single server and check its admin, players, server hardware, and stability. Eons could pass before a good server is found.....

so what else can on look for other than population?

Seems to me, you should be looking for servers with well documented advertisements. Communities with websites, forums, and/or discord. If that information isn't available before you join the server, then that's probably a sign.

Archived