Players can't join dedicated server after update, "Room no longer exists"

Players can't join dedicated server after update, "Room no longer exists"

I've had a dedicated server running for a while now, reached the top of the session list with almost 30 players and now, after the update, it gives the error 'room no longer exists' when people try to join. It's still appearing on the list for player dedicated servers but nobody can join. The only solution so far has been to invite people that I have added but I had almost 30 people playing before this and can't be at my pc 24/7 to send invites.

I'm relatively new to hosting so I have a few questions:

does my server get removed from the session list every time I restart it?

I know it took about 3 or 4 days to get put on the list when I first started it, will I need to wait this long every time there's an update that forces me to restart it? I'm hoping my server will magically pop back on the list and be fully functional again.

As an official server host who uses their own hardware (not nitrado's), what's the best way to deal with updates? or should I always expect downtime and annoyed players lol

If I change the name of the server will it still be Favorited for players?

Any help is appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem but with my non dedicated server whenever I try to invite someone or if someone invites me I contacted ark it seems they have no solution to this you may have to move servers or find a way to make a new one I will help if you need any with anything. i tried changing the server name too it didn't work though.

Archived