Small Tribes Offical PvP is officaly ruined

Frost027

I agree, for me it comes down the sheer boredom , every ones on a mana, 100+ Dunks  yet every one is on a mans, I had a kid in global calling me a bob for not fighting his mana on a stalker...... mans instant freezes it and your dead before you unfreeze but my points this.

back in legacy flyers where king a ptera flyer was a god doesn’t matter u had a gig....so they nerfed flyers and people tried other things 

same problem , every ones in manas no variety means a stale boring meta manas do to much and are to strong. Make them ext only dinos :) or remove the frost breath 

Kind of backs up my point that over a year after the dlc dropped manas r still the go to tame.......poor rock drakes 

On 7/23/2020 at 6:41 PM, LadyoftheWoods said:

Im not sure i agree with stat caps but introducing a counter mechanic would be lovely. Like make them take hugely multiplied damage from fire. So fire wyverns can directly counter them and expand the fire related items. Give us incendiary grenades and rockets, molotovs and maybe even incendiary rocket launcher turrets or tek lasers that deal fire damage or something. 

The molotov requires lvl 89 and 90 engram points to unlock. To craft, you need 1 gasoline, 10 sulfur, and a molotov bottle. The molotov bottle requires lvl 87 and 45 EP to unlock. To craft that, you need 1 water bottle, 25 polymer/organic polymer/corrupt nodule, and 25 crystal/primal crystal.

On 7/9/2020 at 5:12 PM, Frost027 said:

Except no, people usually don't put months of work into it. Most people don't last that long. I'd say about 75% of all manas in current tribes originated from people buying them with real money.

And Griffins and Wyverns are meant to be end game tames, and are difficult, much more difficult to get compared to manas.

Also, back then, if you put "months of work" into tames and had good, high level, mutuated creatures, even if you TAMED the same thing you could still actually fight if you had high SKILL level. Manas vs anything else make skill irrelevant. Unless you are going against someone who is literally mentally incapacitated for whatever reason, you are a literal God at the game, and have the best stats of whatever creature you are using; the fight will never be about skill.

This is so on point. Most essential dinos are bought on official. So many are sold in fact, that the prices are insanely low now. This is on small tribes official pvp. Without exaggeration I would say 80-90% of established tribes have bought their lines or they were "given" to them & not to mention how many people buy structures & turrets in mass.

No idea how you even combat this though. Make other dinos more desirable maybe? Too much focus on just a few dinos so it's not so easy to get insane dino pair with $20 while balancing gameplay all at the same time. But as with every issue in Ark, its the zero communication from Wildcard.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:30 AM, LE4SoDeadly said:

I agree, for me it comes down the sheer boredom , every ones on a mana, 100+ Dunks  yet every one is on a mans, I had a kid in global calling me a bob for not fighting his mana on a stalker...... mans instant freezes it and your dead before you unfreeze but my points this.

back in legacy flyers where king a ptera flyer was a god doesn’t matter u had a gig....so they nerfed flyers and people tried other things 

same problem , every ones in manas no variety means a stale boring meta manas do to much and are to strong. Make them ext only dinos :) or remove the frost breath 

Kind of backs up my point that over a year after the dlc dropped manas r still the go to tame.......poor rock drakes 

Or just remove them from the game altogether!

I think the main culprit is not the mana itself, but the game mechanism of breeding and mutations. You can stack melee, stamina and health mutations like there's no tomorrow which will throw pretty much any dino out of balance. 

Balance breeding and mutations and the mana would not be so op.

And saying that someone who spent months breeding a superdino deserves to be next to unbeatable is just silly.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:49 AM, Aylana314159 said:

Do you think a "No Mana" cluster would go over well with the official community?

It would be DoA people QQ about specific things but they really only QQ about it when they lose to it but love exploiting it themselves. That is the official community in a nutshell.

Archived