Stupid dinos

Seamneo

11 hours ago, Seamneo said:

Stupid dinos

Quite often i come across too fearful dinosaurs, i'm try to put rex to sleep, and he just runs away and doesn't even try to attack.

The same thing happened with mosasaurus and megatheriums. I think the problem is relevant for many dinos.

I play on a recently launched official server.

Its been like this since they made the new "ai" for dinos a long time ago.

I think if the agresive dino (rex, raptor and so on) has met another encounter where they tried to bite and i could not hit because of rock or anything game mechanic wise it will go into the flee mode, its hard to get it out of flee mode you have to get in bite range (not flying) and to lure it to a trap you have to constantly let it have a bite on you every few seconds.

Hope it helps understanding the broken ai on wil dinos. ;)

There was a short period of time I remember seeing dinos just run from me from with no rhyme or reason, but I havent seen that in over a year. In general once any creatures torpor gets high enough to the point where they are close to knocking out they will run from you to try to survive, this is normal behavior. The point of the trap is to get the dino in the trap before you start tranqing it as during that time it will follow you.

I have seen rexes run before, I think it is to do with their HP cause if you follow them long enough EVENTUALLY they usually attack. Mind you it could also be torp but most of the ones I have seen had no reason to have high torp but they had been fighting. Also be aware that using a rare flower around something that is in run mode will still make it run away from you.

I've never seen this with rexes, but I have seen it with yutyrannus. Specifically lone ones. If you come up on them fast enough, they'll do a little "jump" animation where they look around and make a noise, and then they bolt... and they will do this until the end of time. Seriously, easiest tame ever, follow them around with a griffin and tranq them out. (No, these yutys had no reason to be at low health/high torpor before I started shooting at them.) That being said, do ensure that you trap them while they're aggressive beforehand -- it's if you catch them when they're already running that's the issue. 

I've not seen this with rexes specifically but have seen it on things like raptors, ankys, etc, but I assume it's a similar bug. I'd recommend keeping a griffin or some other mount you can wield a weapon on handy for field tames so you have a recourse for dinos that decide to just bolt. 

On 7/9/2020 at 7:15 AM, Seamneo said:

Stupid dinos

Quite often i come across too fearful dinosaurs, i'm try to put rex to sleep, and he just runs away and doesn't even try to attack.

The same thing happened with mosasaurus and megatheriums. I think the problem is relevant for many dinos.

I play on a recently launched official server.

Agree with u 100% happens every time I try to tame something. Lastly I tried to tame giga and thyla. Both of them were scared to death and were running away into the water, lol. It took me almost an hour to lure it out of water. It happened almost instantly when I shot the 1st dart :/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived