Daeodon - someone explain the food insanity.

Daeodon - someone explain the food insanity.

I get that it has a healing mechanic.

I get that the healing mechanic requires vast amounts of food.

What I don't get is when the daeodon is standing in base doing nothing, he's almost starved to 5xx/74xx food.  Anything placed into the inventory vanishes immediately as it eats.  No other dino burns through food just standing there doing nothing from what I have seen.  It's impossible to bring its food up since this stupid thing burns through it immediately. 

No, none of the healing is turned on.

Please tell me there is a bug that its food always shows low, because if the end game of Ark is just to stand around and push food through a pig (though it wouldn't surprise me), it can starve and die for all i care.

I podded mine after I calculated that they were each eating about 20 stacks of meat (it would now be 10 as I calculated that before the QOL update that I love) I never had the problem of them not eating enough ever though.  If your pig has eaten enough that it is actively starving (as in the food has fully drained and the HP is starting to drain because of that) then it will take more food because it needs the food to fill the bar and the food to replace what is used for non powered healing.

On 7/8/2020 at 2:40 PM, d1nk said:

Then transfer .. duh. Before you come back with a smartass comment - you can transfer on any map given you didnt restrict yourself.

What smartass comment, you are the one with the attitude.  I never mentioned the map I was on originally, so I pointed out that there is no snow owl on my map.

Be aware that food has not the same value for Daeodons as for the other dinos. For example, raw meat restores 50 points of food for dinos, but only 10 points for Daeodons. That means that Daeodons eats raw meat 5 x faster than other dinos.

Wiki has the exact values for each type of food :

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Daeodon#Utility

If you don't want to transfer in a snow owl/prefer the daeodon's range and not freezing, then my advice would be a) make a saddle, helps manage it a bit better, b) only use it for boss fights, c) leave it near the obelisk, but not in the actual arena, since that will let you bring more rexes, d) make a ton of basic kibble with an industrial cooker (all you need is a berry gatherer, a fiber gather, and some dodos), and e) heal until it's out of food, and then spam all that kibble in. Otherwise, you'll need a few hours worth of meat for one heal session. That's just my advice.

12 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

If you don't want to transfer in a snow owl/prefer the daeodon's range and not freezing, then my advice would be a) make a saddle, helps manage it a bit better, b) only use it for boss fights, c) leave it near the obelisk, but not in the actual arena, since that will let you bring more rexes, d) make a ton of basic kibble with an industrial cooker (all you need is a berry gatherer, a fiber gather, and some dodos), and e) heal until it's out of food, and then spam all that kibble in. Otherwise, you'll need a few hours worth of meat for one heal session. That's just my advice.

I'm not familiar with the transfer of anything since I"ve only being playing for a couple months now.  So to be fair, in a sense, I'll deal with what I am provided or able to obtain.  Being that I only do SP/Local Host setup and not playing very long, I still have to do tons of grinding for resources constantly.  While not difficult, it is time consuming.

Archived