Jump to content

  • 0

Nerf the microraptor


Suggestion

Nerf the microraptor

These little demons are the reason ground travel is impossible. They spawn in groups, attack relentlessly, are found in many areas with deadly creatures, and dismount you. Found all maps, excluding Aberration, it's everyone's least favorite wild dino.

Even though they aren't the only dismounter, they are much less balanced; thylas and purlovia can be easily spotted and avoided, raptors use their pounce sparingly, kapros can be avoided by staying away from the swamp, and giant bees can simply bee (I'm really sorry, I just had to) left alone. These things are super fast as well, making escape impossible. Not only that, if you aggro one while on a flyer by flying too low, they chase you into the sky.

I don't know why ark made them the spawn of the devil, when in real life they were kinda like archaeopteryx, peaceful climbers and gliders. Besides, their only real use once tamed is PvP combat, which with the way it is right now, where you either hide out at the ends of the map or join an alpha tribe, they don't have that many niches. The wild ones are super weak, and their only purpose in the wild is just making it so a rex can eat you while your mount easily kills the little pest.

All I ask is that they lose their dismounting, so they become purely pesky and not deadly or aggressive nature, so they are only defensive, but still dismount. To put it eloquently, those things suck. They really do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 replies to this server topic

Recommended Posts

  • 1
9 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

Nerf the microraptor

These little demons are the reason ground travel is impossible. They spawn in groups, attack relentlessly, are found in many areas with deadly creatures, and dismount you. Found all maps, excluding Aberration, it's everyone's least favorite wild dino.

Even though they aren't the only dismounter, they are much less balanced; thylas and purlovia can be easily spotted and avoided, raptors use their pounce sparingly, kapros can be avoided by staying away from the swamp, and giant bees can simply bee (I'm really sorry, I just had to) left alone. These things are super fast as well, making escape impossible. Not only that, if you aggro one while on a flyer by flying too low, they chase you into the sky.

I don't know why ark made them the spawn of the devil, when in real life they were kinda like archaeopteryx, peaceful climbers and gliders. Besides, their only real use once tamed is PvP combat, which with the way it is right now, where you either hide out at the ends of the map or join an alpha tribe, they don't have that many niches. The wild ones are super weak, and their only purpose in the wild is just making it so a rex can eat you while your mount easily kills the little pest.

All I ask is that they lose their dismounting, so they become purely pesky and not deadly or aggressive nature, so they are only defensive, but still dismount. To put it eloquently, those things suck. They really do.

Ever tried using shotgun?

Never had issues with them on ground... Yes i get dismounted and its part of fun... Besides u can see them fly and glide around in distance...

Does everyone expect everything to be nerfed so u can run around naked? Enough with nerfs just learn to survive 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
32 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

I carry a shotgun everywhere, rexes don't care. The microraptors themselves aren't the problem, it's how quickly they expose you to danger. If you are knocked off while fighting an alpha, while stunned, you'll be dead in five seconds.

But its part of the game and cmon man its fun too u just walk around mind your business and bam u on floor getting done xd

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Well, as with the purlovia and thylacoleo, the microraptor can also be spotted from a distance (can be hard if you play with higher graphics).

Personally I think it gives combat that extra spice it needs. If you're on a small mount and plan on killing a rex in the distance, you need to check your surroundings for other threats, one of them being the microraptor.

If you're being bullied by them while travelling, just dismount for a moment to avoid the stun and kill them with a gun.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Well, as with the purlovia and thylacoleo, the microraptor can also be spotted from a distance (can be hard if you play with higher graphics).

Personally I think it gives combat that extra spice it needs. If you're on a small mount and plan on killing a rex in the distance, you need to check your surroundings for other threats, one of them being the microraptor.

If you're being bullied by them while travelling, just dismount for a moment to avoid the stun and kill them with a gun.

Don't even need to do this. Just bola them and run away. Annoying AF, but a good challenge to the game and something you need to be wary of.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/7/2020 at 1:40 PM, LEDminer said:

Well, as with the purlovia and thylacoleo, the microraptor can also be spotted from a distance (can be hard if you play with higher graphics).

Personally I think it gives combat that extra spice it needs. If you're on a small mount and plan on killing a rex in the distance, you need to check your surroundings for other threats, one of them being the microraptor.

If you're being bullied by them while travelling, just dismount for a moment to avoid the stun and kill them with a gun.

i don't mind that they can dismount you but the stun part is dumb! with the perlovia it is understand able because they are big and heavy! but a small Turkey sized Bird able to stun you? No! they should knock you off but you are able to get back on or run away! They always get me on the wrong times! Mostly on Gen! 

 

Once a Bird knocked me off and a thery Got me and killed my tame!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Udam said:

i don't mind that they can dismount you but the stun part is dumb! with the perlovia it is understand able because they are big and heavy! but a small Turkey sized Bird able to stun you? No! they should knock you off but you are able to get back on or run away! They always get me on the wrong times! Mostly on Gen! 

 

Once a Bird knocked me off and a thery Got me and killed my tame!

Ever been hit in the face with a turkey? I reckon that would stun you for a bit.

Have any ridden dino on nuetral, if you get knocked off at least they will try and take care of what ever knocked you off.

When you get late game the dangers are limited, stuff like microraptors at least maintain some element of risk to players 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

They are annoying, but I say leave them alone. If we take out all the stuff that makes the game dangerous, it'll start to get boring.

I find it's pretty rare to end up in serious trouble because of a microraptor anyway. Once the stun wears off you have options. If your mount was on passive, jump on it and run off. If your mount is fighting something or isn't fast enough to run away, pull out your shotgun (if necessary) and join the fight.

Obviously every situation will be different (if you're fighting a high-level Rex or an Alpha you could be in trouble), but I don't think I've ever died because a microraptor knocked me off my mount (unlike those damned tree-leapers). And, if all else fails, I have a death plan. My mount is almost always replaceable and I can usually retrieve my gear with another mount.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Have to admit, I got hit by a swarm of them the other day, I was in ascendant flak and had to die the slowest death ever. Everytime I waited through the shock I got locked up again when another one slapped me. 

Couldn't move, couldn't get back to my trope, just had to sit there and wait till one of them finally killed me. Could have went to the bathroom, made a samich, and checked facebook before it was finally over.

Its weird, why does an wild dino get a cool down from being bola'd, but I get locked down and can't do a damn thing about over and over and over?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Ever been hit in the face with a turkey? I reckon that would stun you for a bit.

Have any ridden dino on nuetral, if you get knocked off at least they will try and take care of what ever knocked you off.

When you get late game the dangers are limited, stuff like microraptors at least maintain some element of risk to players 

i would grab thats things neck and choke it is it was real!

 

and i have i always keep them on neutral but they find me at the wrong times! from the first time they where added and they scared the hell out of me, to genesis getting knocked off and getting Impaled by a thery!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0



Have to admit, I got hit by a swarm of them the other day, I was in ascendant flak and had to die the slowest death ever. Everytime I waited through the shock I got locked up again when another one slapped me. 

Couldn't move, couldn't get back to my trope, just had to sit there and wait till one of them finally killed me. Could have went to the bathroom, made a samich, and checked facebook before it was finally over.

Its weird, why does an wild dino get a cool down from being bola'd, but I get locked down and can't do a damn thing about over and over and over?

In that case u need to stay unmounted and they cant stun u, then whistle your mount neutral to fight them while u fight also on foot, or whistle passive and just run away on foot. Their stun only works when u are mounted.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

In that case u need to stay unmounted and they cant stun u, then whistle your mount neutral to fight them while u fight also on foot, or whistle passive and just run away on foot. Their stun only works when u are mounted.

Weird, I was unmounted when this happened.....well, after I got knocked off that is

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Have to admit, I got hit by a swarm of them the other day, I was in ascendant flak and had to die the slowest death ever. Everytime I waited through the shock I got locked up again when another one slapped me. 

Couldn't move, couldn't get back to my trope, just had to sit there and wait till one of them finally killed me. Could have went to the bathroom, made a samich, and checked facebook before it was finally over.

Its weird, why does an wild dino get a cool down from being bola'd, but I get locked down and can't do a damn thing about over and over and over?

Getting stun locked by a Bary in the water is one of the most frustrating things in this game as well. There should definitely be a cool down on wild dino status effects.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Getting stun locked by a Bary in the water is one of the most frustrating things in this game as well. There should definitely be a cool down on wild dino status effects.

Agreed. While the bary is supposed to be deadlier in the waters, being stunlocked feels crappy no matter what.

If the mana and ice titan have a cooldown on their freeze effects, why not have a cooldown on other stun effects?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What's really annoying is when you are trapped inside a jumping predator (purlova, thyla, sabertooth, ...). It does damage to you but you not to it.  You can empty one magazone after the other, no effect. Sometimes you can get free with wild jumping, but that's all.

And seems so this trapping happens most of the time. I don't fly anymore through the woods, where purlovas and thylas are, because of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Getting stun locked by a Bary in the water is one of the most frustrating things in this game as well. There should definitely be a cool down on wild dino status effects.

i think for animals that stun like Raptors, Microratpors, Bary, Jellyfish, Bloodstalker, etc

should give a Boost if you survive called "Adrenaline" 

 

 

What this effect can do is boost Movement speed a bit and will make you immune to Being stunned for 30 seconds! this can also effect dinos! But this will also Up food and water consumption! 

other things like Mana freezing, Titan freezing can also be added to this! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, Udam said:

i think for animals that stun like Raptors, Microratpors, Bary, Jellyfish, Bloodstalker, etc

should give a Boost if you survive called "Adrenaline" 

 

 

What this effect can do is boost Movement speed a bit and will make you immune to Being stunned for 30 seconds! this can also effect dinos! But this will also Up food and water consumption! 

other things like Mana freezing, Titan freezing can also be added to this! 

I like the Adreniline buff idea, you should post that into the game suggestions section 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/64-game-suggestions/

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

My best bet has been when using a flyer is to not have it on follow (if you die with your dino on follow it will more than likely run into the abyss and even if your tribe log says it didnt die you will never find it). Also have it on passive. If the microraptor knocks you off your mount and you die it will leave your dino alone that's on passive. If any other ground dino aggros on your passive flyer (with every time it hits your dino it will knock it into the air a little bit each time) eventually the aggro dino will simply not be able to reach. You just have to remember where you died to find it. Unless it's a flyer (like an argy) aggro on your dino then your screwed. Unless you use a flyer on neutral following your flyer on passive. Then your all good from a flyer but there is risks to that obviously as well. There is no safe way to traverse the ark. Your bound to get arked eventually... Meaning f***ed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...