Alpha Raptor exp gain bugged?

Saradain

Alpha Raptor exp gain bugged?

Hey, I encounted this weird "problem", regading killing an alpha raptor.

I was just casually touring around with a lv 116 raptor (I tamed it when I was merely 32, and it became a tame of 155+ level), it was the best thing ever, could kill anything and absolute killing machine. Then when in my base, my raptor tried to follow me around the house, and it fell off the cliff...only to perish within seconds to a level 76 Alpha Raptor. I got bit enraged there, losing my blood red super-raptor to those bastards. So I killed the lv76 alpha raptor, and I...levelled up from 32 to 42 in one go, getting 260+ engram points. This supposed to happen?

If working as intended, the death of my faithful super-raptor just gave me access to ghillie suits and guns. It's time to have revenge on all life!

Just now, Thyme said:

Alpha dinos give very large amounts of xp. Hunting them is definitely worth it if you can, especially with explorer notes buff

Funny part is, I haven't even left the beach area/the plains around the middle part of beach area. I just used 1.0 difficulty for SP game, probably causes these insanely dangerous things to spawn. Now that I got access to flying, I'm gonna hunt this one alpha raptor down who keeps running literally in the "random" spawn point area at the beach!

1 hour ago, Saradain said:

Funny part is, I haven't even left the beach area/the plains around the middle part of beach area. I just used 1.0 difficulty for SP game, probably causes these insanely dangerous things to spawn. Now that I got access to flying, I'm gonna hunt this one alpha raptor down who keeps running literally in the "random" spawn point area at the beach!

Alphas cant destroy corpses, theyll just chew on them forever, so you can just use a dead body to distract it while you shoot it. Thats how I always level up early on

Higher difficulty only affects levels of wild dinos and chance of good loot in drops, which is a bit misleading. Some might argue that higher difficulty is better, since it, means better loot, and makes it so you don't need to breed an insane amount to get good dinos. Also, if you select "enable maximum difficulty," 150 will be the max level.

Archived