Experimental Branch for Survivors with NAT Issues on the Official Network

StudioWildcard

For those who are experiencing NAT (connection) issues, there's an experimental build that may fix the issues you are seeing.

To try out this beta build, follow the steps below:

1) Right-click on the ARK game in your Steam library and select "properties"
2) Select the "Beta" tab
3) Locate "experimental" in the drop-down menu and select that.
4) Select close, and wait for the patch to complete!

You may need to try connecting twice to an Official Server before you're able to get through.

This problem has been around for at least 4 years.  I doubt that they will ever fix it completely.   They have said its fixed multiple times but it just keeps happening.  I have found that deleting the mods folder, deleting the saved folder and verifying file integrity will allow you to connect for a short time but youll be disconnected eventually and the same problem will reoccur.  It literally takes me almost an hour to log in every time now. I don't think wildcard has any idea why or how to fix it.

If i had to guess, it's something wrong with their updater and version checks but i am literally just guessing.  I have noticed that the problem is more persistent when the client and server patch are at different patch versions. 

I am trying the experimental beta as suggested but if it's not fixed I am going to ask for my money back.  It's ridiculous to pay for a game that doesn't even work.

I find it ironic that they keep insisting its a NAT issue.  I have two computers hardwired to the same router with the same exact network settings.  One computer experiences the problem all the time and the other one has never had it happen at all.  The problem has to lie with the ARK servers, BattlEye, or the games software itself.  It doesn't make sense that deleting a few folders would temporarily fix the problem.  It seems to me that something in the game is rewriting something in those folders that causes it to not be recognized by the server.  Something simple like a file version mixmatch that some dumb programmer probably made a static variable and then fat fingered the numbers.

Hello ark dev, as an old player in the xbox console of ark, I often encounter the problem of not being able to find the server, or could not retrieve address. but I can join my friend share "join game" very quickly.  When an xbox user joins an online game, Ark retrieves all the servers of the last classification, such as officials dedicated arks server, or unofficial PC sessions, which will be downloaded from arkdedicated.com, and as of today, the official server list size is 781k, unofficial PC PC Sessions server list file size is 11M, for local players in the United States, okay, this is not a problem, but for players in other countries around the world ,because of  issues of network bandwidth, delay, packet loss and other common problems, get these files has become a big problem,and arkdedicated.com will redirect to s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com, but  in Asia, there are some problems to access this site , if these files(like unofficialserverlist.json) can not be properly obtained,ark can not list the server, it is not successful login, And  if i log in successfully but ark crash or disconnect then repeat this process, refresh the server list, spend too much time on this process every day,that has affected the customer experience, My suggestion is very simple, but easy to implement, that is, xbox local save a successful login server list , every time we try to join online , first show this local list to join direct. if login failed, user can  manually choose to use the remote server list. this has many obvious benefit, if ark crash,he do not need to wait for a long time, to quickly login  from the local server list. the user experience will be very good, the arkdedicated.com server pressure will low, because everyone login every day mostly the same few servers.forgive my poor english, Hope to adopt this proposal, I wish ark will be better. thank you very much. mikejoe.

Same to me.. after update to the latest patch, i can't connect to all official server. It just keep saying "Joining Failed, Connection Timed Out". Please fix this.. so many players have encountered this issues.. We just want to play and enjoy this game.. I got this connection issues after crystal isle update.. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!

On 7/6/2020 at 11:24 PM, StudioWildcard said:

For those who are experiencing NAT (connection) issues, there's an experimental build that may fix the issues you are seeing.

2) Select the "Beta" tab

You may need to try connecting twice to an Official Server before you're able to get through.

This did not work so what do we do now just not play the game at all for days now ive not been able to get onto servers and when i do i crash 10 minutes later 

On 7/6/2020 at 6:24 PM, StudioWildcard said:

2) Select the "Beta" tab

I can confirm that this does not work. You guys ever going to fix your game? Hey here's a fun idea. Since you all just can't wait until you have a stable patch to put out. How about you give people the choice of which patch they want to run their servers on and play your game. Since you can't patch things for crap.

Archived