Rework Unbreedable creatures

DiloKing

Suggestion

Rework Unbreedable creatures

Can you please let creatures such as the mantis, Pulmonoscorpius, Araneo, Basilisk, Titanoboa, and arthropleura breed, i like taming these most of these dinos but am always afraid of losing my high level ones, I don't really see a reason as to why these creatures can't breed in the first place as none of them (excluding the Basilisk) are very strong or could be unfair if bred......

6 replies to this server topic

I agree because taming a basilisk I am pretty sure is a pain sacrificing lots of good eggs for a high level every time not to mention I am pretty sure they are also a rare spawn so in an entire chunk of the map there probably a couple low level ones. And don’t they have to attack the egg and  you  have to make sure they don’t burrow while also not having it agro on you?

I agree especially with the Araneo how can the blood stalker breed but not the normal spider and for the scorpion and mantis they should also be able to be bred. The boa is basically useless and expensive to get but still it should be able to be bred snakes are bred in captivity irl too. As for the basilisk like you said way to op they already have like 5k to 10k health in the wild at lvl 15 and can easily kill most creatures. Not to mention a bred and imprinted high level one could easily solo an alpha level boss.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:25 AM, SapphireSam7 said:

At this point in time there are a few creatures in Ark you cannot breed. Some I believe, are understandable and should only have breeding enabled for unofficial players due to how they could change the tide/flow of the game. Others should be able to be bred at all times. And then there are those that should flat out never have breeding enabled. 

Below is a copy of a list of creatures I found that are currently unbreedable. Not all are actually listed as I did not include those which only exist for the games mobile form. I don't play that version and do not wish to speak on its behalf. Nor did I list the Alpha, Boss, and any other creatures that cannot be tamed at this point in time. 

I have labeled them Breedable, Unbreedable, and Unofficially Option based on my personal opinions. I am not saying all will or should feel the same. It is just my opinion.

• Achatina - Breedable
  • Araneo - Breedable
  • Arthropluera - Breedable
  • Astrocetus - Unofficial Option
  • Basilisk - Unofficial Option
  • Dung Beetle - Breedable
  • Enforcer - Unbreedable
  • Giant Bee - Unbreedable
  • Griffin - Unofficial Option
  • Karkinos - Unofficial Option
  • Lava Elemental  - Unofficial Option
  • Liopleurodon - Unofficial Option
  • Lymantria - Breedable
  • Mantis - Breedable
  • Onyc - Breedable
  • Phoenix - Unofficial Option
  • Pulmonoscorpius - Breedable
  • Rock Drake - Unofficial Option
  • Rock Elemental - Unofficial Option
  • Titanoboa - Breedable
  • Titanosaur - Unbreedable
  • Wyvern - Unofficial Option

As you will see, many I have listed as Unofficial Option. That is mostly due to the nature of the beast - so to speak. They are the creatures many would deem to OP should the be led to breed naturally. 

There are two however, that I listed as Unofficial Option, which I was tempted to switch to breedable.

• The Lioplerodon, but only if it was given a bit of a TLC. Currently when you tame it you have it for a limited amount of time due to its effect. If it were added to the game in a way where it would remain as a simple ridable sea creature after the effect has ended, at that point I believe it should be left as Breedable. As is, there isn't a point to really list it as such since it would disappear before you could even try to breed it. Which is why it is listed as "Unofficial Option". With the way they vanish, only boosted unofficial would have time to breed it with the limited time it exists. 
  • The Griffin. This one I think started out as unbreedable due to its "fantasy nature" and the creatures sheer power at the time of its release. However since it was added, several other creatures that can easily overpower it have been added - some of which have succeeded in taking over its unique features and surpassing its abilities. As such, there isn't a lot of reason to tame them when you can beat out its stats by breeding and imprinting on other creatures. Which is why I would like to have it set to Breedable, however I know there are many who may not agree so at the very least I have labeled it as "Unofficial Option" 

I agree with most of these, I would change:

• Astrocetus - Unbreedable
  • Griffin - Breedable
  • Lava Elemental - ? Not tamable, right?
  • Phoenix - Breedable. And landable, PLEASE! Onyc too. It look unnatural that they won't land.
  • Rock Drake - Unbreedable 
  • Wyvern - Unbreedable 

On 7/9/2020 at 7:01 PM, DodoRaptor said:

I agree with most of these, I would change:

• Astrocetus - Unbreedable
  • Griffin - Breedable
  • Lava Elemental - ? Not tamable, right?
  • Phoenix - Breedable. And landable, PLEASE! Onyc too. It look unnatural that they won't land.
  • Rock Drake - Unbreedable 
  • Wyvern - Unbreedable 
  • Astrocetus 
    • I listed this creature as "unofficial option" as it is another one of those creatures, where officially, it doesn't makes sense to have it be breedable. But for those on unofficial servers- especially those for PvE, it gives the server a chance to customize their servers a bit more and the option to play with a creature to see about finding some fun mutations and what not. 
  • Griffin
    • I can agree with this on listed as being breedable, but there are many out there that do not agree with that statement. Especially those on official. Which is why it was listed on my list as an "unofficial option". So it could be breedable if you wished for it to be so. 
  • Lava Elemental 
    • Lava, Chalk, Ice, Rock... Regardless of the form the Elemental, I believes should all be handled the same, an "unofficial option". They would probably be to OP to breed officially, but for those on unofficial's, it would give them another creature to play around with. 
  • Phoenix
    • Honestly, I would like this one to breedable as well, but like the Griffin, some may consider it to OP for official breeding to I listed it as "unofficial option" 
    • And yes, the should be able to land. If not on the ground, then on a stand you could craft for flyers. Perhaps something that comes in Small, Medium, and Large sizes. Would make it easier to part them and collect their eggs (or in the phoenix case.. pearls) from under them. 
  • Rockdrake & Wyvern
    • I think they too should follow the "unofficial option" category. They may be to OP for breeding on official, but unofficial servers should have the option to play with them if they so wish. 
    • I do think it should be a difficult process though. Such as the requirement of wyvern milk to raise the young (which would mean their would be lots of wyvern hunting to do the breeding), possibly building a nest for the eggs at the right elevation/temperature, and an extended raising period. I would like the option to breed to be there, but don't mind the idea that it should be difficult to do so. 

At this point in time there are a few creatures in Ark you cannot breed. Some I believe, are understandable and should only have breeding enabled for unofficial players due to how they could change the tide/flow of the game. Others should be able to be bred at all times. And then there are those that should flat out never have breeding enabled. 

Below is a copy of a list of creatures I found that are currently unbreedable. Not all are actually listed as I did not include those which only exist for the games mobile form. I don't play that version and do not wish to speak on its behalf. Nor did I list the Alpha, Boss, and any other creatures that cannot be tamed at this point in time. 

I have labeled them Breedable, Unbreedable, and Unofficially Option based on my personal opinions. I am not saying all will or should feel the same. It is just my opinion.

• Achatina - Breedable
  • Araneo - Breedable
  • Arthropluera - Breedable
  • Astrocetus - Unofficial Option
  • Basilisk - Unofficial Option
  • Dung Beetle - Breedable
  • Enforcer - Unbreedable
  • Giant Bee - Unbreedable
  • Griffin - Unofficial Option
  • Karkinos - Unofficial Option
  • Lava Elemental  - Unofficial Option
  • Liopleurodon - Unofficial Option
  • Lymantria - Breedable
  • Mantis - Breedable
  • Onyc - Breedable
  • Phoenix - Unofficial Option
  • Pulmonoscorpius - Breedable
  • Rock Drake - Unofficial Option
  • Rock Elemental - Unofficial Option
  • Titanoboa - Breedable
  • Titanosaur - Unbreedable
  • Wyvern - Unofficial Option

As you will see, many I have listed as Unofficial Option. That is mostly due to the nature of the beast - so to speak. They are the creatures many would deem to OP should the be led to breed naturally. 

There are two however, that I listed as Unofficial Option, which I was tempted to switch to breedable.

• The Lioplerodon, but only if it was given a bit of a TLC. Currently when you tame it you have it for a limited amount of time due to its effect. If it were added to the game in a way where it would remain as a simple ridable sea creature after the effect has ended, at that point I believe it should be left as Breedable. As is, there isn't a point to really list it as such since it would disappear before you could even try to breed it. Which is why it is listed as "Unofficial Option". With the way they vanish, only boosted unofficial would have time to breed it with the limited time it exists. 
  • The Griffin. This one I think started out as unbreedable due to its "fantasy nature" and the creatures sheer power at the time of its release. However since it was added, several other creatures that can easily overpower it have been added - some of which have succeeded in taking over its unique features and surpassing its abilities. As such, there isn't a lot of reason to tame them when you can beat out its stats by breeding and imprinting on other creatures. Which is why I would like to have it set to Breedable, however I know there are many who may not agree so at the very least I have labeled it as "Unofficial Option" 

Archived