Community Crunch 228: Summer Bash Extension, Patch Notes Roundup, and Summer Sale

StudioWildcard

Haven't even been able to use my character for this event or raise anything from the DLCs we all bought. People have been contacting you from server 549 for WEEKS on MONTHS now and no one is responding to any of them. Do you even care about the customers or just the DLCs they all bought and now can't transfer to? Its an OFFICIAL server and none of you are helping them. Outage reports entered (over 50+), tweets, tickets, what do you have to do to get your "team" or whatever you few people are who can care less about the community - to actually answer anyone? 

• Volunteer Moderator
On 7/15/2020 at 10:47 AM, Terence said:

hello someone has an idea why the event (unofficial server) turned off automatically tonight although the event was extended by a week until July 21st

3 hours ago, Elgar said:

Someone at Wildcard didn't get the memo it seems. Community Crunch announced that Summer Bash was extended an extra week, but it was automatically turned off on July 15th.

2 hours ago, Terence said:

come on wildcard you can do it better.... activate the summer bash event again for all as your announced ...

The Devs have no control over unofficial servers.

I play on unofficial and the event is still running.

The Devs extending the timer basically means 2 things:

1) They remove the activeevent= from official servers (that will happen 21st July)

2) They patch the event out, that will also happen 21st July.

For unofficial servers you start and end the activeevent= yourself.

1 hour ago, GP said:

The Devs have no control over unofficial servers.

I play on unofficial and the event is still running.

The Devs extending the timer basically means 2 things:

1) They remove the activeevent= from official servers (that will happen 21st July)

2) They patch the event out, that will also happen 21st July.

For unofficial servers you start and end the activeevent= yourself.

Except we didn’t and it was removed on normal server restart for us. We have the setting enabled that follows wildcard events and do not need to manually enable/disable them each time. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Alikona said:

Except we didn’t and it was removed on normal server restart for us. We have the setting enabled that follows wildcard events and do not need to manually enable/disable them each time. 

Not sure what platform you are on, but if your unofficial server uses -activeevent=Summer which unofficials would need to do, then it should still be running. There's been no patch released to end the event, so this is why to me it feels more like something the server admins end.

If you are on console, then i'm not familiar myself with how events work, but i'm sure they'd still need a patch to end the event.

39 minutes ago, GP said:

Not sure what platform you are on, but if your unofficial server uses -activeevent=Summer which unofficials would need to do, then it should still be running. There's been no patch released to end the event, so this is why to me it feels more like something the server admins end.

If you are on console, then i'm not familiar myself with how events work, but i'm sure they'd still need a patch to end the event.

PC running Ark Server Manager. It maybe be an issue with ASM but considering the summer themed menu is no longer showing up when you log into ark, I have a feeling it’s something on wildcards end. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Alikona said:

PC running Ark Server Manager. It maybe be an issue with ASM but considering the summer themed menu is no longer showing up when you log into ark, I have a feeling it’s something on wildcards end. 

Ah yes, I hadn't noticed the Summer theme had gone too. I'll mention it and see if that means it may have gone ingame too.