Please Give Us Atlas Content!

gonsec

Last I heard . Atlas was grapeshot not wildcard. In fact I don’t see any atlas content on this wildcard forum. Think I might go on ea forums and ask for COD zombies on battlefield or battlefront maybe. I don’t work for wc but maybe visit atlas forums .Or submit a ticket so someone official may reply. Seemingly as an open question on the wrong platform is replied to kindly by its members, why post if you don’t like the answer? Personally wc did the dirty and tried to float another game on the back of us players waiting on a dlc which was delayed above everything we’ve had delayed before which is everything by the way. Which we’d payed for , so we were left in the dark and their money grab for atlas ensued which lol, launched as bad as anything on ark and quickly sank. We got dlc 2 with genesis because the cash cow was always ark with a much higher player count . So whilst grape will continue to raise the titanic. Ark is fast becoming worst as I have ever known it , why would you want broken content from ark

31 minutes ago, gonsec said:

My question was to the Ark team in regards to Atlas content, which they make under a subsidiary. Are you saying you don't want to see naval content or are you just being argumentative?

You can get the content through mods and the devkit. But WC is never going to add Atlas content to Ark. Its not a argument, its just a basic business fact. Ark and Atlas are 2 completely separate products.

16 hours ago, gonsec said:

I own Atlas. I want Ark but on an Atlas map with Atlas content. Stop telling me what to do. And I don't want to be forced into PvP or crappy pings in order to play it.

image.png

And I don't want Atlas's crappy carebear PVP system in which you have to tell the enemy your coming.

That said ARK could do with Atlas' dynamic water and improved rafts.

14 hours ago, gonsec said:

Not to mention the same dev team that makes Ark also makes Atlas. My question was to the Ark team in regards to Atlas content, which they make under a subsidiary. Are you saying you don't want to see naval content or are you just being argumentative?

No it isnt. Different company, different team.

We dont need the content. Play Atlas if you want it. As another said; go to EA forums and ask COD Zombies to be on Battlefront or maybe NBA2k20 with zombies 

2 hours ago, Owataday said:

In Atlas you have to tell people your coming to attack? How does that play out

It plays out by having a dead game. PVP in that game died out the minute they implemented that. Basically the system works as follows:

1. You pick a time slot once a day when you can be attacked.
  2. Only during that time which is 2 hours from memory, can you be attacked. Otherwise your completely untouchable. 

The end result is you can never mount a surprise attack because the enemy always knows to be on guard that time, you also can't disrupt their farming to weaken them outside of that time. The whole thing completely misses the point of PVP. It's why that game was a total failure and why it has about 1/20th of the ARK players.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:05 PM, d1nk said:

No it isnt. Different company, different team.

We dont need the content. Play Atlas if you want it. As another said; go to EA forums and ask COD Zombies to be on Battlefront or maybe NBA2k20 with zombies 

Atlas is an Ark engine (custom version of U4), with Ark assets, with Ark devs and made with Ark money. It was intended to be an Ark expansion. But they saw the potential as a standalone so went with it. Many of the intended upgrades to Ark never made it in (like character creator for example). It would be very little effort on their part to integrate both games in any way they deem fit. Because again, they are Ark assets in an Ark engine! https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/profile/9-jat/

image.thumb.png.df3bb227d5b6c4842d64662830c30e5c.png

19 hours ago, gonsec said:

Atlas is an Ark engine (custom version of U4), with Ark assets, with Ark devs and made with Ark money. It was intended to be an Ark expansion. But they saw the potential as a standalone so went with it. Many of the intended upgrades to Ark never made it in (like character creator for example). It would be very little effort on their part to integrate both games in any way they deem fit. Because again, they are Ark assets in an Ark engine! https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/profile/9-jat/

image.thumb.png.df3bb227d5b6c4842d64662830c30e5c.png

Oh I know. I was around when it launched. It is still a different game, different developers and different team than ARK (minus the few they pulled over temporarily)

I still dont feel we need atlas content though I'm sure it would be welcomed by the majority of the playerbase. You cant give these dev's too much to do or they raptor it up.

Archived