Too high above ground level, Ocean Platform

MrPaleWolf

Too high above ground level, Ocean Platform

So today been working on ocean plat and just got done making turret towers. However, I go to place cable leading off of the Gen and I get the message 'Too high above ground level' So I try the other way round by snapping the gen to said cable which also produced this same, frustrating message. Why are there even Ocean platforms if you can't build on them properly. Really hasn't been thought through at all and needs fixing ASAP

This is all on official also so many many hours wasted.

Doesn’t need a fix . It works as intended . We all have to work with the building mechanics of an ocean platform. I never learnt the hard way as I checked a few things first before building anything. I also referred to you tube too. Your gen will have to be placed within the building remit for said structure , like rafts , platforms , motorboats , skiffs , tree and cliff platforms etc.goodluck

The gen is perfectly within the range and limits of the structure, it's an issue with in game mechanics. The mechanic was put in place to stop people building up to I guess the sky barrier (or ridiculously high above ground level) where it only lets you build a structure so far above terrain. However, this limit is effecting building on a ocean plat and cliff platform and has been a issue which people have brought up in the past. The game is literally at point not registering that you are building on a platform at all but as if you've built a pillar all the way up in the sky. I have worked with rafts, motorboats and skiff and never had a issue, they have their structure range and limit as intended. On the other hand cliff platforms and ocean platforms are bugged and do need fixing, I'm aware they have a range on how far out and such you can build but this has nothing to do with that limit. 

Archived