Mammal buff against Managarmr freeze attack.

jedilvl5

Suggestion

10 replies to this server topic

4 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

It's a fictional creature.

What is a simple definition of a mammal?
A mammal is an animal that breathes air, has a backbone, and grows hair at some point during its life. In addition, all female mammals have glands that can produce milk. Mammals are among the most intelligent of all living creatures. Mammals include a wide variety of animals, from cats to humans to whales.
noun

1. a warm-blooded vertebrate animal of a class that is distinguished by the possession of hair or fur, females that secrete milk for the nourishment of the young, and (typically) the birth of live young.

22 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

@TiTmellais666 I know what a mammal is. And by the definition you linked, Ark mammals babies should be automatically fed from their mothers milk.

But what you quoted me on was in reference to the Managarmr a fantasy or fictional creature.

Yeah but still mammal as it gives birth

This would be a cool buff for a few creatures, mainly the Mammoth, Yutyrannus(I know it's not a mammal, but it lives in the Snow Biome), Woolly Rhino, and Megatherium. You could easily extend this other large creatures like the Rex and Bronto as well, as not only were dinosaurs warm blooded, but their size results in Gigantothermy(where the shear size of a creature helps them be warm). 

I've honestly always thought the Mana should only be able to freeze medium-small creatures, but it's breath attack would still deal damage to larger creatures(Just not freeze them). Seems like a really simple balance change. 

In my opinion that seems completely pointless but still that is a amazing idea that if implemented would lead to a interesting mechanic. Also isn’t the mana itself a mammal so doesn’t this directly contradict a lot of things so if warmblooded creatures are harder to freeze wouldn’t that make the whole thing impossible because how can an creature that is resistant to cold be able to produce frost. So would a polar bear be able to breathe an ice breath. Though I am pretty sure there is an explanation that just makes everything I am writing pointless. So shortly if that was implemented then the manas breath would be warm and do the oppposite if freezing.

also how can a snow owl be able to freeze targets around it if it is cold resistant.

So if you look into the details it becomes very confusing. But still a very good idea.

Archived