Breeding and mutations question

wildfirenz

Breeding and mutations question

I've got two rexs of the same stats (m&f) that combine the best health, stamina, weight and melee I could find. I started breeding them together and keeping all the females, to increase the number of babies I can make at once, in order to try for mutations... so far so good.

But I think I went wrong when I got my first mutation that I wanted - I got a female with higher health, so I bred her with the OG male and got  a baby male with the higher stat. Then I kept the girls that I produced of the +2 level to breed with the new +2 male to aim for the next mutation I want... so both m&F breeders had the stat mutation and guaranteed to be the same level as their parents, unless they get a new mutation.

But this means the number of mutations would double every time? Like both male and female babies  would have a mutation count of 2 as a parent, one from each side of its ancestry. Then for the third mutation, the parents would each count as having 4 mutations (2 from its dad, 2 from its mum)... the fourth would have 8.... the fifth would be 16? Unless I'm misunderstanding this.

The only other solution I can think of is that you keep upping the male with mutations but breed him with OG unmutated females, so that the count only goes up on one side. But then if you've had mutations in 3 different categories, the babies you produce would have a bunch of different stats and wouldn't necessarily inherit the dad's good stats. 

So am I wrong to think that there is a very slow method that can result in 20 mutations, or a potentially faster one that may only get 5? 

You want to keep the females clean then only keep a male who mutates. It can be slow or you can clone hundreds of the same female to increase your chances.

I currently have 87 level 15 X Yuty for my project. If you hatch 87 eggs every 2 days (every day with current event rates) you can get going pretty fast.

I'm about a month in and have a male I just popped with my 3rd stam mute and the original hp (only stats I'm looking for). 

More females=more chances but you want them unmutated for your best chance to go as high as you can/want.

Archived