ARK: Survival of the Fittest International Tournament! [More Details Released!]

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.summer_cup_logo.png

Hello Survivors!

We’ve got more news for you from #PAXEast2016! We are very excited to announce the first ever ARK: Survival of the Fittest International Tournament to be held offline this Summer! The tournament will be taking place in Shanghai, during China Digital Entertainment Expo & Conference, ChinaJoy 2016. Qualified teams will be flown out July 29 - 31 to compete in person for this gigantic offline-event with more than $40,000 up for grabs!

Team leaders need to register at playark.com/summercup between May 1 - 10 then grab their teammates to starting competing in the dinosaur survivor slaughter fest in “4v4 Tournament Mode” specifically. The 40 highest-Scoring registered Tournament Mode players during May and June (80 players total) will be invited to an online Semi-Final match to be held on July 1, 2016. The top 8 North American and/or European teams from the Semi-Final will then advance to the official Summer Cup, travelling to Shanghai to play in the offline finals match hosted at Shanghai’s ChinaJoy 2016! The ongoing “Survival League” rankings for all elite titles in ARK: Survival of the Fittest are visible in real-time on https://survivetheark.com/ at launch.

We can't wait to see all the teams participate and show off their strategies throughout the next two months and are eagerly anticipating the slaughter-fest to take place on July the 1st and of course July 29th and 31st! We’ll be revealing more details about the registration process soon, and if you guys have any questions, feel free to get in touch as always!

Good luck to all Survivors out there and let’s see who gets crowned the Season One Summer Cup Champions of ARK: Survival of the Fittest!

Other specific changes to be noted about Survivor League and the Summers Cup:

• You cannot compete in this Tournament if you are under the age of 18
  • The top 40 unique registered players in the Tournament League for each month will be invited to the Finals Match, so if a Survivor has placed in the Top 40 twice, it will skip them and then grab the next-best player.  Similarly, if a player has placed in the top 40 but not registered for the Summer Cup, he or she will be skipped.
  • Your Team Leader must ensure that when registering your team, you use the same Team Name and Survivor Name in the game, as well register all members of your team.
  • You are permitted to have mixed-member teams from different regions, but all of your team members must, for the time being, hail from North America or European Union countries. Next Cups will include more regions.
  • Teams in China will have their own qualification process and they will already be there ready to play for when you arrive for the finals.
  • Graphical settings will be enforced for the qualification period and for the tournament.
  • Going forward on our website, we will be displaying the concurrent Top 100 Players’ Scores in each mode, so you can see where you place and how close you are to qualifying for the Summer Cup Finals, and also for each Month’s Survivor League Tournament Match.

For extra details regarding the changes, check out the thread here.

Proceed here to check out the Chinese Summer Cup registration site.

All the best,

Wildcard Jat and the ARK: Survival of the Fittest Team.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that those changes are one of the most stupid things WildCard has ever done. I'm gonna tell you why. Try to consider the fact that 99% of all Survival of the Fittest teams by now is 6 man tribes. Now with the new system every team has to EXCLUDE TWO of their players which would be a raptoring hard descision by the fact that teammembers usually are very good friends (talking from experience). This is just way to unfair and I can't understand how you can force people to do this. NOW it might not be a big deal for me anyways, since I am OBVIOUSLY not fit to compete "professionally" since I don't turn 18 before in october. This is just plain stupid WC,... I am really disappointed and you're lucky I love your game this much, because I wouldn't be here if I didn't.

Also gonna add something to the fact that 6 man was removed quoting: " in it’s current state and the current state of SotF, showed that it was not the most optimal way to host tournaments or host a practical official competitive scene "

And you're so wrong. It is absoutely possible to get viewers on this game mode, the last official tournament proved that, also the fact that my team (YGD) host a 6 man every saturday which always fills up(100 players) If the problem is about the fact that you think you won't be able to get games running to qualify you are also SO wrong. The second money is put on the line EVERYONE is going to want to play the 6 man. Right now? It's not rewarding at all and people think it's meaniningless because these games are usually more exhausting than the others due to length.

The 18+ is probably because of legal issues. I doubt certain "instances" will aprove if people under the age of 18 are being flown to a foreign country for "a new thing" (if you understand what I mean). They are probably already working on arranging everything for Summer Cup 2 where people under 18 can actually be invited. As there are currently other games which have offline tournaments where players under the age of 18 are allowed to play. But for now, just to be sure, they are probably doing this (I am only guessing, but I think it's something in this direction as to why, I guess a Dev can explain it better, but I thought I'd give you guys a possible answer for now).

• lilpanda pinned and featured this topic
  • lilpanda unfeatured and unpinned this topic