Alpha Hunts with Giga

Aribohs

Alpha Hunts with Giga

So the Alpha Golem Hunt (on PS4 at least) is a cake walk on a 1300% Giga. Neither the Golem nor the adds at the end are a match and the rage meter doesn't even blip. On the other hand the Alpha Raptor will engage any giga with any saddle in about 4 hits and you'll die obviously. 

First of all, DILO? Secondly does anyone have a list of Alpha Hunts that are more inline with the Golem that can be done solo with a Giga?  

The whole purpose of alpha fights are to be completed in groups, not solo them. Of course, with lines like the ones we have right now SOME are, but you still need to think outside the box and try to complete them in some other way.

Outside the box: Hey, unpod a few rexes to tank the raptors while you munch with the giga. Or actually… group with people on the server to do them, the way it was intended to.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:53 PM, PatoMalibu said:

The whole purpose of alpha fights are to be completed in groups, not solo them. Of course, with lines like the ones we have right now SOME are, but you still need to think outside the box and try to complete them in some other way.

Outside the box: Hey, unpod a few rexes to tank the raptors while you munch with the giga. Or actually… group with people on the server to do them, the way it was intended to.

I play on a private cluster so at max there's six people online, and four of them won't even respond in general chat. So some of us have to do it on our own :P

I read a sentiment in another thread that, while a little harsh, might have a point. I'm paraphrasing here, but, something like "if you're a scrub that brings your super mutated gigas to Genesis to complete content, no wonder you fail. Why wouldn't this new map and the challenges it holds be balanced around the new features in the expansion?"

While I think people should be able to play the way they want, what I took from it was, Yeah, maybe thinking outside of the box is required. Here's something I considered: There seems to be a few different paths you can get on the hunt missions. I haven't tested to see if it's different from gamma to beta to alpha, or if it's a "pool" of a few paths, and one gets selected randomly when you start the mission. But so follow the path on a yuty, locate the three "fight locations", and leave a separate Rex army at each location. Restart the mission, and do each part of the fight with separate armies, so they always start with full health. Have like 10-20 of them at each location. Leave them there when you continue the mission, and go back to scoop them all up when you're done. Granted, this is just another variation of "stomping with a Giga", and not particularly original, but maybe it could work. It's a math problem. The dinos do a certain amount of damage and have a certain amount of health. Your dinos do a certain amount of damage and have a certain amount of health. It's just a matter of doing X damage before your dino dies. Since even the best Giga isn't good enough to singlehandedly kill alpha brute creatures, the only way to get it down fast enough is through numbers. I think you need to treat the alpha missions like bosses. Do them like you would do a boss fight on the Island. Prep up veggie cakes, bring daeodons, use yuty buff, etc. Bring a deino for bleed if you can, though some will say that's cheating too. It's supposed to be the most difficult, end-game content. You're not supposed to just stroll through it with a giga :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived