Irresponsibility GM Rose

Scorpion397

GM Rose is a rude, unprofessional and incompetent GM who is not interested in solving players' problems (the conclusion is based on my personal experience of communicating and working with this GM).

After the loss of my char, unfortunately, GM Rose answered me. During the whole time of communication, this GM answered very rarely, ignored certain questions (1.5 months have passed since I asked the first of them, but still have not received answers), and when it's time for an appointment (more than 1.5 months of waiting) ), GM simply did not appear. Actually, GM came to the meeting, but 2 hours later than the appointed time, about which, of course, no one warned me. It seems that this GM does not know that not all people live in the same time zone as the GM and therefore do not have the opportunity to spend sleepless nights in the game in endless anticipation of the possible appearance of a GM who did not come to the meeting. Without any explanation. Without any warnings. But with great indifference to the problems of players.

P.S. My timezone have +10 hours to PDT time which is used when making appointments.

P.P.S. This GM also didn't want to help my tribemate when he got into trouble on the Extinction map.

The char was the tribeleader and now I do not have the ability to change some settings that are needed. I was waiting for this opportunity from May 5 to June 24. And now I have to wait another 2 months (feeling uncomfortable from not being able to change the settings) for a possible next meeting without knowing whether this GM will come to the next meeting or decide to come again regardless of the scheduled time.

So draw conclusions about this GM and its attitude to players and their problems yourself. But I would advise if this GM answers you - close the ticket and open a new one until another GM answers you (if it's possible). I'm not waiting for your approval or condemnation, if you want - you can do it, it's not forbidden. I just decided to share with you my historical collaboration with this GM.

Forum_1.png

Forum_2.png

Forum_3.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 4:02 AM, Scorpion397 said:

It seems that this GM does not know that not all people live in the same time zone as the GM and therefore do not have the opportunity to spend sleepless nights in the game in endless anticipation of the possible appearance of a GM who did not come to the meeting. Without any explanation. Without any warnings. But with great indifference to the problems of players.

P.S. My timezone have +10 hours to PDT time which is used when making appointments.

So just to clarify, did you not realize the appointments are based on PST time? Cause they do tell you this before you make the appointment with this message:

PLEASE NOTE: All appointments are in PST(Pacific Time Zone)

Or did you realize this and they still came outside of their own window?

Edit: Nvm looking over the times again I see what happened more clearly, if you are +10 from their time you came on time and the GM was like 2 hours late.

I had an appointment with GM Rose and she got there 45min early. Thankfully I was setup already. A tribe mate had her come an hour before she was supposed to and after saying are you there left. Another 3 weeks to get her back. 

most players I know will delete the ticket and resub a new one if Gm Rose is the one that first replied. 

15 hours ago, Alchemy said:

yeah definitely report. Thats some straight BS right there....the ticket system for this community is garbage also lol...2 months after reporting a problem ... DILO kind of crap is that .... you couldnt POSSIBLY be that busy because very few bugs are being fixed so like DILO are they doing with their time lol..

And you realize GM’s dont fix bugs or devs do GM stuff. So would not change anything.

I was thinking a little bit about how this could work.

It dawned on me that, from WC point of view, there's two ways these appointments can happen. Either, the GM logs in ahead of time and is available whenever you're ready, and waits beyond the appointed time until you finally show up. Or, you log in ahead of time, are available, and wait beyond the appointment time until the GM finally shows up.

From a logistics standpoint, the former doesn't make sense. That's not productive at all. Then I remembered what it's like to og to the doctor's. Some times they'll have you waiting hours on end. You accept it because they are saving your life, and you understand that doctors are doing a lot of stuff, running around, talking to all kinds of patients and nurses and other doctors, and stuff happens all the time, and trying to keep a schedule amidst it all is nigh-impossible.

So what this is, is like when you og to the doctor, only the GM isn't saving your life, so you don't have as much understanding for the time they're taking, because you don't feel as helpless. I get your POV. You can't sit around for hours and wait for a GM to maybe show up. That's fair, most People don't. I'd be pissed too. But it's just like going to the doctor's. Their day is full of moving pieces, and so the only way a GM appointment system can work, is if the customer gives the GM some leeway. Which is exactly the last thing a pissed off customer wants to do. It's a conundrum for sure!

Maybe take this opportunity to try out some unofficial servers :) most of them have great customer support, or at the very least not as terrible as your experiences here.

usually if i have to replace a dinosaur for a tribe, i force join their tribe, then summon an already tamed (not forcetamed that causes issues) dinosaur that is now part of the tribe. then i quite the tribe.  if i have to drop stuff off for people i do the same thing but place an obnoxiously positioned box in their base that they can destroy at their leisure.

Had exactly the same experience. He/she didn't show for an appointment I had been waiting for 2 months for, after an hour I received an email saying couldn't meet due to a game update (there wasn't), and make a new appointment. Next available was end of August. Not even an apology, which really just displays the contempt of this person. 

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 3:15 AM, MostSpy said:

There seems to be a very wide and broad amount of abuse from the support staff at the moment, if u report Chinese for griefing your ticket is auto closed. 

ENFORCER FIRE is auto closing chinese reports.

GM Enforcer Fire was unable to understand a report from a tribe that waited for my ally to lose its base due to decay, which was on my side and there were structures around me, hence a rude tribe puts some structures and opens a report against mine tribe complaining that I built it around, and now see the answer:

You must address this with your neighbor tribe.

Reach out to him and see what structures belonging to your tribe are blocking him, so you can stop building on that direction. 

On 7/18/2020 at 1:06 AM, Fresiki said:

I was thinking a little bit about how this could work.

It dawned on me that, from WC point of view, there's two ways these appointments can happen. Either, the GM logs in ahead of time and is available whenever you're ready, and waits beyond the appointed time until you finally show up. Or, you log in ahead of time, are available, and wait beyond the appointment time until the GM finally shows up.

From a logistics standpoint, the former doesn't make sense. That's not productive at all. Then I remembered what it's like to og to the doctor's. Some times they'll have you waiting hours on end. You accept it because they are saving your life, and you understand that doctors are doing a lot of stuff, running around, talking to all kinds of patients and nurses and other doctors, and stuff happens all the time, and trying to keep a schedule amidst it all is nigh-impossible.

So what this is, is like when you og to the doctor, only the GM isn't saving your life, so you don't have as much understanding for the time they're taking, because you don't feel as helpless. I get your POV. You can't sit around for hours and wait for a GM to maybe show up. That's fair, most People don't. I'd be pissed too. But it's just like going to the doctor's. Their day is full of moving pieces, and so the only way a GM appointment system can work, is if the customer gives the GM some leeway. Which is exactly the last thing a pissed off customer wants to do. It's a conundrum for sure!

This has got me thinking about the whole support model, how do those who don't speak English find support works for them?  Do WC provide multi-lingual GM support or does everyone have to communicate with GMs in English?

In a modern world where many businesses operate 24 hours they could easily implement a shift system and schedule appointments based on local time to the player or have a distribution of GMs around the globe working remotely. Covid has proven that there are a lot of possibilities for working from home that weren't being exploited and can provide a better work life balance to employees with reduced travelling times etc. 

I used to work for a company that provided outsourced support (GMs ) to an MMORPG and they had teams in geographic locations around the world to support that locations player base. My role wasn't part of that,  I have never been a GM,  but I know we had 3 European locations one in the UK for UK, Ireland and Scandanavia. One in France for France, Spain Portugal Italy and Greece and one in Germany for Germany, Switzeland, Austria, Poland and the Balkan states. The client could flex extra resource from us at events and new releases,  There were people that were cross trained to step in when support requests were expected to ramp up at these times and return to their normal duties once the spike had passed. 

Back to why I was originally replying to Fresiki, 

When I actually have an appointment with a doctor I rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes past the appointment time. However if I turn up with no appointment at emergency then I 'd expect triage and a wait based on what priority I am based on the other people arriving at emergency and may have to wait hours which is acceptable.

With WC GMs I appreciate they are busy and to make some leeway and wait a couple of hours may seem reasonable if you live in the Americas but for EU or Asia it's not really practical. Appointments on PST for someone in EU is a difference of 8 or 9 hours, so a 4pm PST appointment  is actually midnight GMT 1 am for most of continental Europe even later the further east you go. Do you really think it reasonable to allow a couple of hours leeway and expect people to stay up till 3 or 4 am to wait on a GM  who may or may not show.

I understand WC aren't huge company with infinite resources, but they are operating on a global scale and just as I'm sure they managed to sort their banking to allow them to take money from all parts of the world, they also need to ensure that they are capable of properly supporting their worldwide customer base. 

Gm Rose is a fantastic GM. Period, end of story, just plain and simply period.  I've worked with her at least 4 times now and she's been courteous, respectful, and expeditious.  One bad experience hardly makes her a prime target to attack on the forums. First off, if you had to wait more than a week due to the Pandemic then you should have just created an alt, you could have had it leveled in 2 days and the unlocks done in under 3. The fact that you sat there and waited almost 2 months for this to get resolved is just asinine and unnecessary.  The GMs are all working hard but with any new map or an event, you have to understand that there are going to be long waiting periods.  

#ISUPPORTGMROSE. 

1 hour ago, Rio4201 said:

you should have just created an alt, you could have had it leveled in 2 days and the unlocks done in under 3. The fact that you sat there and waited almost 2 months for this to get resolved is just asinine and unnecessary. 

How many days it will take for this new char to get tribe ownership or imprints on dinos raised by lost char?

The support system here is worthless, stop playing official. Every meshing ticket I've put forward in the past month or so before I sold my game copy was auto closed seconds after posting. Not certain this mega tribe has a pocket gm but it sure seems suspicious with that behavior. Ark is toxic and in general not worth playing if you value not having your address, kids pictures and the like slathered all over the ark drama discords. Should be against discord TOS but seems to be okay to them too. This is only xbox in my experience, mind you, but it certainly seems widespread across all platforms. 

I'm glad I finally escaped this game. I understand why some would still play it, but it's not worth the real life harassment. The dossing, meshing, aimbotting, and exploits were bad enough to deal with. It's a total waste of time if you're a legit player in any way anymore. Full of cheaters and people who want to do you real life harm over a dinosaur game.

6 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

Gm Rose is a fantastic GM. Period, end of story, just plain and simply period.  I've worked with her at least 4 times now and she's been courteous, respectful, and expeditious.  One bad experience hardly makes her a prime target to attack on the forums. First off, if you had to wait more than a week due to the Pandemic then you should have just created an alt, you could have had it leveled in 2 days and the unlocks done in under 3. The fact that you sat there and waited almost 2 months for this to get resolved is just asinine and unnecessary.  The GMs are all working hard but with any new map or an event, you have to understand that there are going to be long waiting periods.  

#ISUPPORTGMROSE. 

I get you are ready to valiantly white knight for this GM you are so devoted to however see some reason in how ridiculous your post it. there were ownership and tribe issues that OP could not resolve himself, he needed things transferred, simply making a new char wouldnt help anything. Also before you go off on a crusade to defend this GM's honour keep in mind they didnt even have the decency to communicate with OP about being late or updating the time of the meeting. See moving a meeting because of other obligations or being busy is completely understandable. I'm sure if they had informed OP that he wouldve been completely understanding of this. But to be two hours late without saying anything, then arrive and expect that he shouldve just been sitting waiting the whole time without him knowing the GM would even pitch up, then just leave once again without communicating with OP, that is just disgusting service. I know if I acted that way in my line of work with any of my clients then I would likely be looking for a new job pretty soon.

There is no defense to that kind of service when coupled with a complete lack of communication. Its disgusting

same with me Rose didnt show up for my appointment and lied she said she was on server 2 hours after my appointment. 

my tribe mates were online and never saw her eighter. i also never got an apology/reason why she was so terribly late and said i could make another appointment but the closest one was another months further. she does suck being a support staff member

image.thumb.png.07b05aeda29bb681c42390d7c941f282.png

Archived