Joining failed - Connection Timeout

Luxyfufu

(Dont move my topic to unsolved topic again, pleasee)

Was anyone having problem with Joining failed/connection timeout ?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X
GPU: RTX 2080 Super
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
WIN 10 x64bit

It all started with abberation and slowly corrupt all other maps when i try to log in or try to transfer to server. Now basicly i cant enter any official atm because of this problem. Every time i tried to log in into one on official server im in loading screen for 5-10 sec loading PrimalGameData_BP few times then it quit loading and show Joining to server im trying to connect and 5-10 sec after i get Joining failed - Connection Timeout.. And i cant get rid of it. Sometimes im getting lucky shots and i join server but thats it. Each time after i log in to server and if i move to another im stuck with same problem. I had already tried: reinstall game twice, delete all mods, delete all maps and redownload again twice, reinstall windows, change SSD to HDD folder location. Delete everything manually including steam and dowload again still no help. Flush DNS, disable firewall, reset router (factory and hard). Is there someone who is good in solving this stuffs? wildcard is useless atm, they are slow and their solution is not helpfull (list to do that i already tried)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PLS HELP

about a month ago i started to have a problem where every server i try to go in to from "join ark" official and unofficial gives me a "connection timeout" message.

i tried uninstaling the game and it didn't work, olso tried uninstaling steam and it didn't work.

PLS GIVE SOME HELP i have looked at ALL the forums and none of them helped me.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:31 AM, Gooberino said:

I encounter this issue when I use my cellphone as a hotspot or when I use a 4g broadband modem. If that's your issue, using a vpn should fix it. If not then have you tried submitting a ticket?

how does a VPN work? Not looking to spend $800 a month for something I might occasionally use?
And yeah, same here....4g LTE hotspot device

8 hours ago, wizard03 said:

how does a VPN work? Not looking to spend $800 a month for something I might occasionally use?
And yeah, same here....4g LTE hotspot device

There are some free ones, the best one (but still not great if you don't pay) is ProtonVPN imo, or you could just use the refund policy after subscribing to nordvpn or other big names if it's an emergency.

The reason it works  is because WC (and a lot of other companies) blocks IPs that aren't considered secure enough and I believe it has to do with a 4g hotspot's DNS settings or something like that. (I read about it a long time ago, don't really remember and it is not my field of expertise so I might be off on a few things). Using a VPN means your "low security" connection goes through a server that itself doesn't use 4g and its access ports but rather "regular" means of sending information, which WC considers valid. Either way, it works everytime.

Last note I wanna say this makes the game quite laggy so don't expect to be raiding on a 4g + VPN combo but if your internet dies on you and you need to feed some baby gigas asap it's a good option 😛

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can see its not a recently "issue" it was like that for a year , i just wrote another topic because iwas thinking only Southamerica had the same issue, but it seem some ppl from Europe too,

MY CASE:  Since Lost island is open i cant see NA servers, only OC and EU, (Only Lost island, because i can see NA in another maps) i just reinstalled all, i verify the files, everything, but nothing work, the strange thing here is dnt matter wich country you are, because you can have friend who can be abble to connect and another can not, i was reading around the forums and it seem a issue between the steam settings port, and the internet provider you have, i am looking for a certain solution, because the only way i can play in NA Lost island is between VPN

• 1 month later...

So I've had this problem since extinction I can only join certain servers usually only eu even though I live in america and as more maps have dropped and time went on there's less servers I can join anymore I checked today and I could only join one in the whole servers for unofficial and 1 for official every server gives me could not retrieve adress I've tried redownloading the game, waiting in single player,  changing networks with different ips, restarting the game and still nothing works any suggestions?

10 hours ago, Chechenskiy said:

So I've had this problem since extinction I can only join certain servers usually only eu even though I live in america and as more maps have dropped and time went on there's less servers I can join anymore I checked today and I could only join one in the whole servers for unofficial and 1 for official every server gives me could not retrieve adress I've tried redownloading the game, waiting in single player,  changing networks with different ips, restarting the game and still nothing works any suggestions?

Might be something dodgy your ISP is doing to IP traffic? Dunno how you can test that theory though - other than switching ISP or going to a mates house with a different ISP. (Or maybe even using a VPN to somewhere else so that the IP traffic is not controlled by your ISP)

yes i am having  the same  Connection Timeout like 15 times today this what i paid 120 bucks for with all dlcs and yet you guys are planning  ark 2 release  no fix this damn game first it has so many damn bugs connection issues  after maintenance  and i am playing on ps4 pro i should not have them problems and the lobby i play on is na/pve 1469 theres alot of laginess in that lobby and issues please fix i will quit playing this game if keeps happening  again 

I am up to around 5.someting K hours in Ark PVE 2k PVP I decided to give official a feel out again after the many changes and years as well as Maewing. Yet I cannot join ever it always times out no matter what I do revalidate or unbugg just times out on all the Official yet I can join and play any modded i come across no issue.  Currently I am doing a reinstall of prob over 100 gigs because its last thing I can think of and yes I have set Security rules to allow ark to connect without blocking.. yet still.. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/10/2020 at 2:01 AM, Luxyfufu said:

Joining failed - Connection Timeout - SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

I made a post earlier about having this "Connection Timeout" on every single official server since the crystal isles update. Basically, Battleye is bugged. This is what worked for me.

Step 1:
Make sure to open steam as administrator. On windows 10, this can be done by clicking the windows icon, typing steam, then clicking "open file location". Right click the shortcut and click "properties". It should be on the shortcut tab. Click the "advanced" button and check "Run as Administrator".

Step 2:
Open ark, battle eye version as administrator. The filename is called "ShooterGame_BE". YOU MUST OPEN THIS ONE BECAUSE "ShooterGame" will leave you in a battleye installation loop. My location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64. Right click, run as administrator.

SOLUTION EDIT PLEASE READ:
You must run the non-battle eye one, ShooterGame, first. After that, "install" battleye again, then you can run ShooterGame_BE. Then it works.

This is what worked for me. Nothing else did.

FAILURES:
1. Only verifying
2. Uninstalling and Reinstalling
3. Adding mods, removing mods, etc.
4. Opening various ports
5. Removing rawsockets.

I understand 4 and 5 are for servers but I tried everything.

I really hope this helps someone else.

Sincerely,
Luxyfufu

P.S.
if this works for you, please post it here.

EDIT: For servers without battle eye, you must run "ShooterGame" with admin.

can you explain it more? i tried a lot of ways i found on the internet and non worked

• 3 weeks later...

I need help please... I'm trying to connect to an official server but I can not. But I can easily connect to unofficial. > The problem was almost ffixed before the previous update but the latest one made it worse. I have been playing the game in epic for 2 years, in the last 6 months these problems have started, I did verify many times but nothing ...

• 2 months later...

I was playing ark genesis 2 offical server normally, then suddle it come really laggy and disconnet me out of the server.

I do see the server on the list and try to join back in, but now it keep saying 'Connection Timeout'

I try to join another server, that is completey fine, I can join into another server, but cannot join back into my Genesis 2 server

Does anyone know anything or any fix?