Joining failed - Connection Timeout

Luxyfufu

Hi!

I haven't been able to play on any official servers since I came back. A month ago it worked but as of 6/13/2020, I haven't been able to get on. It's been over 2 weeks now. I have tried it at three different houses with different internet providers. I was wondering if I could get some assistance. This is the steam version of the game.connection_timeout.thumb.jpg.2f93bb3c99fe5a9b53add158b896377d.jpg

EDIT:

Figured it out. Solution here -

Edited by Luxyfufu

7 hours ago, Riot88 said:

ive got the exact same issue...sent tickets to wildcard for help buy no reply or help ....even on twitter...ive had this issue since the release of crystal isles dlc and still im waiting for an answer...i even reinstalled all of ark...twice...but same issue!

same.......................... it's almost like they don't give a poop waste of money 

12 hours ago, brandon0335 said:

have you verified on steam? sometimes this helps the issue...

Yes. I verified and always get a "3 files missing, they will be reacquired", but it never actually downloads them. I have reinstalled the game twice as well. I have also switched to time capsule servers. I can play the time capsule servers and other private servers, just not official.

• Like 1

Joining failed - Connection Timeout - SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

I made a post earlier about having this "Connection Timeout" on every single official server since the crystal isles update. Basically, Battleye is bugged. This is what worked for me.

Step 1:
Make sure to open steam as administrator. On windows 10, this can be done by clicking the windows icon, typing steam, then clicking "open file location". Right click the shortcut and click "properties". It should be on the shortcut tab. Click the "advanced" button and check "Run as Administrator".

Step 2:
Open ark, battle eye version as administrator. The filename is called "ShooterGame_BE". YOU MUST OPEN THIS ONE BECAUSE "ShooterGame" will leave you in a battleye installation loop. My location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64. Right click, run as administrator.

SOLUTION EDIT PLEASE READ:
You must run the non-battle eye one, ShooterGame, first. After that, "install" battleye again, then you can run ShooterGame_BE. Then it works.

This is what worked for me. Nothing else did.

FAILURES:
1. Only verifying
2. Uninstalling and Reinstalling
3. Adding mods, removing mods, etc.
4. Opening various ports
5. Removing rawsockets.

I understand 4 and 5 are for servers but I tried everything.

I really hope this helps someone else.

Sincerely,
Luxyfufu

P.S.
if this works for you, please post it here.

EDIT: For servers without battle eye, you must run "ShooterGame" with admin.

Edited by Luxyfufu

11 hours ago, zero064 said:

Bah, I don't even have BattleEye enabled on my server and I get constant errors. I can connect, but I can't play for long before it throws me out with a network error. Basically unplayable right now.

From what I read about servers, you need to remove the rawsockets option and you need to enable every other port. aka 7777 7779 7781. Leave one open every time. There is also a very specific port ark uses but I'm not a server host so not sure.

7 minutes ago, Luxyfufu said:

From what I read about servers, you need to remove the rawsockets option and you need to enable every other port. aka 7777 7779 7781. Leave one open every time. There is also a very specific port ark uses but I'm not a server host so not sure.

Turns out there was another update this morning that seems to have fixed my problem. I'm not sure what changed (no patch notes from today), but it works fine now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it was worth a shot but no luck. I have been locked out of ark since the 5th anniversary update. I have done everything to get back on but just can't. I took my PC into the office to see if that would make a difference and it did. I was able to log on without any problems at all. So stupid that I can change location and it works. I have been working with the internet provider and they can not find any reason that I am blocked.  I have over 8,000 hours in this game between the two accounts and just love it but my time has come to move on. I am so sad because I have made some really amazing friends that I used to play with and I miss them. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The same thing happens to me, I have 100 Mbps fiber and I only have problems with the official Ark servers, I am having to use a vpn, I suppose that if I change my public IP the problem will be fixed, but the process to change the ip in my provider takes a long time, wildcard should do something with this

I need to mention that the solution that the one who created the post put did not work, it only worked for me to use a VPN or another internet network.

Edited by dalextm

I am the admin of a dedicated server hosted by LogicServers. I opened my server on December 28, 2019. Until Crystal Isles release, no issue at all. That means, no issue from January to June.

Since Crystal Isles release, here is what happens : for best performance and stability, and to keep it up-to-date, each day I stop, backup and restart the server. After I restart it, 2 times out of 3 I can't join the server, neither my fellow players. We get the dreadful "Joining failed - Connection Timeout" issue, although Battlemetrics and my server control panel say that everything is ok.

And now the strange part : when I get this connection timeout issue, I JUST have to stop the server again and to restart it : after this second restart, 100% of the time, yes 100% of the time we can join the server.

What is that black magic raptorery ??

If that matters, server is vanilla (no mods at all, not even in the past). And it runs with the -NoBattlEye setting. Windows server, not a Linux one. PC Steam version of the game.

This issue drives me nuts because now I can't restart the server remotely or automatically at a fixed hour : even if I don't intend to play, I have to enter the game to be sure that the server will let the players join.

Edited by Elgar

• 2 weeks later...

Said and done as I said in my previous comment, the only definitive solution is to change your public IP, once my operator changed it I was able to access all servers as before, I can recommend Touch VPN that is free in the windows store as a solution temporary, open it before starting ark and can enter the servers.

I don't know why this happens, Ark is getting worse every day which now turns out to be randomly blocking ips

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

CPU: Ryzen 3700X
GPU: RTX 2080 Super
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
WIN 10 x64bit

Every time i tried to log in into one on official server (atm im playing Crossark1 so mostly those) im in loading screen for 5-10 sec loading PrimalGameData_BP few times then it quit loading and show Joining to server and 5-10 sec after i get Joining failed - Connection Timeout.. And i cant get rid of it. Sometimes im getting lucky shots and thats it. Each time i log in to server and if i move to another im getting same problem. 
I tried already all that ark support suggested and more by browsing. Reinstall game twice, delete all mods, delete all maps and redownload again twice, reinstall windows, change SSD. Delete everything manually including steam and dowload again still no help. Flush DNS, disable firewall, reset router (factory and hard). Need tehnician who can help me via discord/teamviewer.