PC/SP: Ovis - anyone find any on The Island?

FlagrantVagrant

@FlagrantVagrant Yes, I have two I keep for pets on my base at "The Island" map. 

They are very rare, ironically I see them more often when I am actually not looking for one.

While both of mine I found at a canyon formation that lead to the redwoods / water area from the western side of the isle, I do find them more often on mountains, at higher elevation. Do be careful as there are also gigas at the top, so don't get chomped looking for them.

Cheers! 

"When you need them, they're never there," can sum up everything in ark. There are "hotspots" around the island that can spawn microraptors, terror birds, equus, rexes, pachyrhinos, ovis, and more. I found one with an ovis early on, and even though I was new, I knew that killing it was a waste. I didn't have sap or giant bee honey, so I just left it alone till it eventually got killed by raptors or dilos. My two current ones came from Whitesky Peak, and I've bred them a few times for more ovis. Speaking of which, I would kill a 150 rex for a level five male yutyrannus ( I thought I had one mate-boosted pair, but it turned out they were both female, no idea how that happened).

Archived