Is there a reporting system for griefing via landclaim?

StinkyFingerton

23 minutes ago, StinkyFingerton said:

Is there a reporting system for griefing via landclaim?

Whom do i contact about oil nodes that have foundations and pillars spammed over them?

From the ARK Code of Conduct:

"Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc)"

Under the PvE-specific griefing section.  I think it would depend on how it is actually blocked.  If there are just foundations fully over the top of the node and an oil pump cant be placed at all, take screenshots and report it, including that line from the CoC.  Hell, do it anyway, you don't have anything to lose.

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

From the ARK Code of Conduct:

"Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc)"

Under the PvE-specific griefing section.  I think it would depend on how it is actually blocked.  If there are just foundations fully over the top of the node and an oil pump cant be placed at all, take screenshots and report it, including that line from the CoC.  Hell, do it anyway, you don't have anything to lose.

Unless this was recently changed (which I doubt), blocking or boxing oil veins isn't against the rules because unlike the ones mentioned in the CoC, you can farm oil anywhere on the map by mining nodes (in the sea, etc.), or from some dinos (Basilos, Beetles, etc.).

56 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Unless this was recently changed (which I doubt), blocking or boxing oil veins isn't against the rules because unlike the ones mentioned in the CoC, you can farm oil anywhere on the map by mining nodes (in the sea, etc.), or from some dinos (Basilos, Beetles, etc.).

You can also use alternative sources for all COC-listed items as well.  "Can include but is not limited to" is in the CoC, which is kinda like saying, "let the GM decide if you are unsure but you THINK there might be a violation."  Reporting is the correct thing to do in this case, I feel.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, TheDonn said:

You can also use alternative sources for all COC-listed items as well.  "Can include but is not limited to" is in the CoC, which is kinda like saying, "let the GM decide if you are unsure but you THINK there might be a violation."  Reporting is the correct thing to do in this case, I feel.

Just look around the forums. There are multiple threads stating boxing oil veins is allowed and not enforced on official PvE. For example:

On 2/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, AleXtreme1 said:

After submitting a ticket to the wildcard support team i get the following message  "Blocking oil veins is allowed as long as your tribe owns the pump and the buildings enclosing it."

I submitted a ticket 2 days later for a blocked gas vein and they solved it. I am a little confused. So what are the important resources that shouldn't be blocked?Capture.thumb.JPG.eece280804249cef5aa67fdd8bec6990.JPG

22 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Just look around the forums. There are multiple threads stating boxing oil veins is allowed and not enforced on official PvE. For example:

Ok, but it means nothing on a case-by-case basis.  The dude should submit a ticket!  If the GM messages back that blocking it is OK, then so be it!  I personally have reported and had huts expunged. 

A few reports of nothing being done doesn't mean that nothing is ever done about node-blocking, especially if people can provide recent examples of when nodes were forcibly unblocked, I dunno.  It is possible that the GM will send him the same response.  It is also possible that the GM will delete the structures.  It's not like its a waste of time for a player, who feels the blocking is unnecessary, or a waste of time for the GM, whose duties include judgment calls on such issues.

@StinkyFingerton, I'd report it.  Invincible might be right, you might get told its not a violation, you might not.  Depends on the GM.

11 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Ok, but it means nothing on a case-by-case basis.  The dude should submit a ticket!  If the GM messages back that blocking it is OK, then so be it!  I personally have reported and had huts expunged. 

A few reports of nothing being done doesn't mean that nothing is ever done about node-blocking, especially if people can provide recent examples of when nodes were forcibly unblocked, I dunno.  It is possible that the GM will send him the same response.  It is also possible that the GM will delete the structures.  It's not like its a waste of time for a player, who feels the blocking is unnecessary, or a waste of time for the GM, whose duties include judgment calls on such issues.

@StinkyFingerton, I'd report it.  Invincible might be right, you might get told its not a violation, you might not.  Depends on the GM.

It is not boxed over, just a single foundation with a stacked pillar. I think it is being done with the sole purpose of preventing others from harvesting those nodes, out of some form of spite. Then there are again, foundation and pillar stacks all over that region of the map. All from the same tribe. Its like they dont want anyone else on a server they never play on....i dont get it...

2 hours ago, StinkyFingerton said:

It is not boxed over, just a single foundation with a stacked pillar. I think it is being done with the sole purpose of preventing others from harvesting those nodes, out of some form of spite. Then there are again, foundation and pillar stacks all over that region of the map. All from the same tribe. Its like they dont want anyone else on a server they never play on....i dont get it...

See, that is kinda what I thought you meant but wasn't sure.  That sucks, toss a report out with screenshots from your server with evidence and location coordinates.

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

By that logic explorer notes should be enforced, no?

Actually, explorer notes are unlocked in your local profile meaning you can unlock them anywhere (any other server, single-player, etc.) so I wouldn't qualify them as indispensable for progressing on a map. But hey, I just forward information; I don't make the rules.

10 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Actually, explorer notes are unlocked in your local profile meaning you can unlock them anywhere (any other server, single-player, etc.) so I wouldn't qualify them as indispensable for progressing on a map. But hey, I just forward information; I don't make the rules.

I don't blame you for it. It's just kinda inconsistent and that bothers me - you can get to charge nodes and gas nodes on different server too, yet those treated as violation.

Archived