Is there a dye fix in the works on Wildcard's to-do list?

GreenRoc

Question:
Is there a dye fix in the works on Wildcard's to-do list?

Hey Devs, how are you today? I love this game so very much!

I am still waiting for broken dye to be looked at. While there is an existing thread (that I accidentally posted in today), I feel the title doesnt amplify the issue that I am still waitin for a fix.

The issue:
Gensis released and my base on center broke, all the pieces that were painted black turned into a void color with no shine, and it hurts my eyes to look at.

I read on Twitter something about Wildcard will fix the older stuff that broke after the dust with Genisis has settled. This led me to make the choice to wait for them to fix the color of my base, I just have to wait. The vagueness may or may not have included the fix to the dyed pieces.

I am still waiting for that dust to settle. Has the dust settled and I am waitin for something that will never happen? Or is it still on Wildcard's the to-do list?

I need actual employee knowledge (not guesses, I have spoken to some people about this, and they throw in their opinions, which is speculation, not actual fact). I will need to see word from the people who know the official to-do list. I've learned to not trust speculation, especially with things that would consume this much time. The amount of time that I would have to spend to fix it myself, is far too much time to spend based on hunches and guesses. Waiting is easier for me, as I am not spending time on making dye and repainting, I can busy myself with other things while I wait.

My base is still visibly broken. I have a lot of patience. I am still waiting, cause things do take time. I can wait, I can wait more. I know it takes time.

I am very patient.
took me some time after posting to put together a set of screenies to show before and after
Q4l4430.jpg

I'd rather wait for a fix, than trouble with repainting. My tribemate and I repainted some.
"if" there is a fix pending (and I dont know this fact), I'd keep waiting.

But have I been waiting for something that will never come?
Only Wildcard employees with access to the "to do" list know what is on the to-do list.

I would like to know too, for this is a big task I rather keep waiting, than fix it myself.

58 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Fix were already done for colors that it will fix.

I've googgled for a while. I cant find where Wildcard has said this.

Reddit, Twitter, these forums?
Alot  of places to go through.

Where have you seen them say a fix was done?
Knowing what website you were looking at can help narrow down my search.

This doesnt seem to answer my question so far, still looking...

"Nobody has to worry about whether or not adding new colors to the game will unexpectedly shift all the color assignments"
From

This doesnt include a dye fix for structures that were changed when genisis released (or lack of). I maybe confused by some of the pronouns used that could be referring to different nouns.

I have not finished reading patch notes.. I want to see official word that they are not going to fix the color of painted structures on official, before I embark on the 2+ week long task of repainting my tribe's base.

I have read PC patch notes to the date before the Genesis release affected my tribe's structures.

@Luewen I did not find the patch notes you are referencing from.

I have not seen anything official that says that there is (or is not) a pending fix for the changes to dyed structures on official servers.
I could be wrong, I could have missed reading it.
Clarity and link to the actual location of the official word would  be most appreciated, especially with a task that may consume over a week's worth of my time.

6 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

It sucks when they mess crap up with a patch and the response from both the devs and the community is “DEAL WITH IT”.  I still got a fridge full of boss rexes with gray backs that used to have my first color mutation on them.  I remember that sting.

I lived through that sting. My pack of rexes only mutation was in that part.
I was on 323, when Panda and Jen were actively playing. Jen had over 20 rexes with Cyan in that back slot, I had a variety of navy blue. We both lost our eye candy with that.
For that Rex back loss, I recall seeing actual word that Wildcard wasnt going to fix those lost rex colors. I do forget where I saw it, so take my word with doubt, as I cant prove they said it without a lot of searching.

I havent seen Wildcard say if they are, or are not fixing the dye issue on my structures.
I now give up waiting for a fix. I am sick of my eyes hurting (literal pain: an ache in the upper-back of my eye sockets) from being in that base. I dont think my tribemates want it demolished, and I keep having to go in there for some tribe-things, and feedings, and storage, etc.

I just hate having my time wasted when a game team suddenly decides, "so we finally fixed this"
I guess even if they say they wont, they might possibly do what they said they wouldn't do regardless of what was said before.

I really am not looking forward to the task ahead of me.
*sigh*

Oh well.
Thank you everyone for your time. Have a great day!

After discussions with my tribemate, we have decided to repaint our large base with Navy or Slate.

I find it hard to believe that this mixed up dye is unfixable.

I found out like 5 mins ago, the black color was changed to "Transponder Node" and "Transponder Tracker" which looks like a non-color, having no shine, it is like looking into a dark void, and I still have some of the paint on two brushes on Official PvE.

4Glf3My.jpg

Black color was changed to this:
479Kgaj.jpg

Hmm.... valuable perhaps? I dont know if these brushes will work to dye anything, I've not used these transponder brushes. The above image is from the previously painted Black pieces. To sell them maybe abusing a glitch, so I wont part with these because I dont want to break rules.
I may save these things for the memories.

Former black turned void is now blue today.

dqbdPCm.jpg

Blue is better than void. The void color shoulda been turned black imo, but eh, this is better than what it was.
Thank you whomever in Wildcard changed this void into another color.
My eyes can handle this base now.

Edit to add:
The brushes are still showing as transponder node and transponder tracker, and appears I can paint things the transponder (void) color.

Maybe a tribemate repainted it all? They havent replied to my question 'yet'. I'm seeing some panels with the details painted blue but other parts not painted, which led me to believe Wildcard did this. I'll edit when I hear back from tribemates.

Regardless, I am so happy my eyes dont hurt to be in this base anymore.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:23 PM, GreenRoc said:

I have read PC patch notes to the date before the Genesis release affected my tribe's structures.

@Luewen I did not find the patch notes you are referencing from.

I have not seen anything official that says that there is (or is not) a pending fix for the changes to dyed structures on official servers.
I could be wrong, I could have missed reading it.
Clarity and link to the actual location of the official word would  be most appreciated, especially with a task that may consume over a week's worth of my time.

Yeah. I could not find the patch notes either where Zenrowe spoke about the color fix.

Archived