Jump to content

Giorgino87

new boss, best dinos for fight?

Recommended Posts

new boss, best dinos for fight?

So what is the best dino set for the new boss? given that flies I would not say rexes...Are new wyverns andd / or old wyverns effective agaiunst it? What are the recommended stats and types? Is the boss vulnerable to special attacks? If yes, which ones? Manticore for example is only vulnerable to lighting damage, so you can only use lighting wyverns. What about wyvern queen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also trying to figure this out, although I've never actually done any boss fight, so no experience at all.

I've watched a few videos. From what I've seen, it doesn't hurt to bring some Rex, as the Queen Wyvern spawns in eggs that quickly hatch. The Rexes could take out a lot of these before they grow to adult wyverns and fly around.

She does a sequence that involves a certain % of the time on the ground and a % of time in the air. When on the ground, the Rexes can damage her. The fight ends with her in the air.

Not sure about other boss fights, but this one requires you to kill a Blood Alpha Wyvern and get the claw as one of the tributes. This really makes this boss fight hard to do, and all the videos I watched they just spawned in all the tribute items. The Blood Alpha Wyvern is a rare spawn, not sure how often, but less than 1% chance. I've seen one after killing 200 wyvern heir. That seems to be the easiest way to get it to spawn if you can't use cheats. Just kill tons of wyverns and it will eventually spawn. It is very hard to kill, so I recommend you use a metal trap and shoot it with something. I'm going to try a pump shotgun and see how many shots to kill it, but I've yet to kill one, so can't even think about doing the boss until I have one of these claws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Giorgino87 said:

new boss, best dinos for fight?

So what is the best dino set for the new boss? given that flies I would not say rexes...Are new wyverns andd / or old wyverns effective agaiunst it? What are the recommended stats and types? Is the boss vulnerable to special attacks? If yes, which ones? Manticore for example is only vulnerable to lighting damage, so you can only use lighting wyverns. What about wyvern queen?

Hello, I did the Wyvern Queen Gamma two days ago, for this I took 12 wyverns raised by me (4 Blood, 4 Tropical and 4 Ember), 6 Therizinosaurus and a Yutiranus where I rode, many shotgun bullets and I managed to win. The flightless dinos serve to hit the Queen when she perches on the nests and to kill the wyverns that are spawning, my wyverns while they chase the Queen and very importantly, while she flies we must shoot her, with an improved shotgun if possible and many bullets. I ran out of bullets.

Another thing is that to get the claws of the Wyvern Alfa you have to go to the Casino, it is very very difficult to find one on the map. I found it by a miracle next to my base, but now I want to go to the Queen Beta and I have only found one Alpha (and in Beta there are 3 claws).
This time I will bring the 12 wyverns, 6 rex bred by me tmb and the Yutiranus.
Finding all the artifacts has been very very easy, without anything that bothers you or wants to kill you, Bored I'd say.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam78 said:

Hello, I did the Wyvern Queen Gamma two days ago, for this I took 12 wyverns raised by me (4 Blood, 4 Tropical and 4 Ember), 6 Therizinosaurus and a Yutiranus where I rode, many shotgun bullets and I managed to win. The flightless dinos serve to hit the Queen when she perches on the nests and to kill the wyverns that are spawning, my wyverns while they chase the Queen and very importantly, while she flies we must shoot her, with an improved shotgun if possible and many bullets. I ran out of bullets.

Another thing is that to get the claws of the Wyvern Alfa you have to go to the Casino, it is very very difficult to find one on the map. I found it by a miracle next to my base, but now I want to go to the Queen Beta and I have only found one Alpha (and in Beta there are 3 claws).
This time I will bring the 12 wyverns, 6 rex bred by me tmb and the Yutiranus.
Finding all the artifacts has been very very easy, without anything that bothers you or wants to kill you, Bored I'd say.

thanks for reporting your experience. I guess a few ground dinos to kill hatching wyverns are good. Did you enable special attacks on wyverns? And noticed if they are effecitive or not?

 

Also, do you have a list of artifacts locations? Not all are listed in the wiki. Only 1 for the gamma I have found so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giorgino87 said:

thanks for reporting your experience. I guess a few ground dinos to kill hatching wyverns are good. Did you enable special attacks on wyverns? And noticed if they are effecitive or not?

 

Also, do you have a list of artifacts locations? Not all are listed in the wiki. Only 1 for the gamma I have found so far.

Right, raising terrestrial dinos like rex or therizinos is good to kill the wyvern that are being born.
And yes, I activated the special attacks of the wyverns, but I saw that they are not very effective, since the queen is immune to the breath of the wyverns, biting them already do a lot of damage.
Important and I repeat, ascending shotgun and many bullets for when she is in flight.

The locations I took from a YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/_k6diubxiQ0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sam78 said:

Hello, I did the Wyvern Queen Gamma two days ago, for this I took 12 wyverns raised by me (4 Blood, 4 Tropical and 4 Ember), 6 Therizinosaurus and a Yutiranus where I rode, many shotgun bullets and I managed to win. The flightless dinos serve to hit the Queen when she perches on the nests and to kill the wyverns that are spawning, my wyverns while they chase the Queen and very importantly, while she flies we must shoot her, with an improved shotgun if possible and many bullets. I ran out of bullets.

Another thing is that to get the claws of the Wyvern Alfa you have to go to the Casino, it is very very difficult to find one on the map. I found it by a miracle next to my base, but now I want to go to the Queen Beta and I have only found one Alpha (and in Beta there are 3 claws).
This time I will bring the 12 wyverns, 6 rex bred by me tmb and the Yutiranus.
Finding all the artifacts has been very very easy, without anything that bothers you or wants to kill you, Bored I'd say.

What is the Casino where you got the claws of Wyvern Alpha?

I've seen the Blood Alpha Wyvern three times so far, killed it once. It tends to spawn in and then if you leave the area even for a moment, it can either wander off or despawn. I've only looked at the wyvern "scar", so that is where I've found it so far. Twice I found it right where it spawned in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, wildbill said:

What is the Casino where you got the claws of Wyvern Alpha?

I've seen the Blood Alpha Wyvern three times so far, killed it once. It tends to spawn in and then if you leave the area even for a moment, it can either wander off or despawn. I've only looked at the wyvern "scar", so that is where I've found it so far. Twice I found it right where it spawned in.

I wanted to say that it was easier for us to win the prize in the Casino than to see Alfa wyverns, jjj
I found them in the white Rock Islands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sam78 said:

I wanted to say that it was easier for us to win the prize in the Casino than to see Alfa wyverns, jjj
I found them in the white Rock Islands.

I know what you said, I still don't know what Casino you are talking about. Are you just using an analogy, like: "It is easier to win the lottery than to find an Alpha Wyvern"?

I was I thinking, under the wrong assumption that there was maybe a mod that had a casino where as one of the prizes you could win the alpha wyvern claw 😀

So, I'm finding that I most often find an alpha wyvern when I first travel to where they spawn in. I'll see it right as I approach the spawn point (I have awesome spyglass mod, which makes it easy to see, otherwise, not sure how you can tell, as it has no alpha glow, which is odd (maybe a bug)). I see them spawn about 1% of the time.

Edited by wildbill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wildbill said:

I know what you said, I still don't know what Casino you are talking about. Are you just using an analogy, like: "It is easier to win the lottery than to find an Alpha Wyvern"?

I was I thinking, under the wrong assumption that there was maybe a mod that had a casino where as one of the prizes you could win the alpha wyvern claw 😀

So, I'm finding that I most often find an alpha wyvern when I first travel to where they spawn in. I'll see it right as I approach the spawn point (I have awesome spyglass mod, which makes it easy to see, otherwise, not sure how you can tell, as it has no alpha glow, which is odd (maybe a bug)). I see them spawn about 1% of the time.

Yes that's what I meant, I wanted to say that, not that there is a casino mod, jj
Alphas differ because they are larger than Crystal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Giorgino87 said:

anybody tried? otherwise i'll make some treies in single player

Search youtube. There are a few videos of people doing the boss in single player and some on a private server with admin cheats.

I haven't seen one video of anyone on official or no cheats yet.

I'm getting setup for it on a private server with boosted rates. I'll do the boss in around a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So stupid question.. Since you can bring in wyverns, can you bring in tropeos? Kinda sounds like a good idea to ride one around spamming grenades while your other dinos are fighting instead of running around on the floor. Is it that they cant come in the boss fight, or that you cant ride them in there, or do they just suck at dps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gelantious said:

Do the grenade damage increase with melee on the Trop? Otherwise I think it'll be really weak and you'll need hundreds of grenades..

I think grenade damage is dependent on the saddle, not melee. Melee is just for bite attack which is not much.

Yes, you can bring in the trop to the boss arena. At least I saw one video that used it. Although keep in mind there is splash damage, so you could do more harm than good.

My own plan is to do it solo riding a Yuty (or also with my wife on a mount). I'll bring in 14 rex, 1 yuty, 5 wyverns. I'll have an ascendant pump shotgun that I'll blast the wyvern queen with while it is in the air. While on the ground, the Rexes will chomp on it and also kill the minions. I'm thinking about whether a tame I can fire my shotgun without dismounting might be good to have, but haven't decided. I'm bringing mostly bloods, as they heal when they attack.

Edited by wildbill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wildbill said:

I think grenade damage is dependent on the saddle, not melee. Melee is just for bite attack which is not much.

Yes, you can bring in the trop to the boss arena. At least I saw one video that used it. Although keep in mind there is splash damage, so you could do more harm than good.

My own plan is to do it solo riding a Yuty (or also with my wife on a mount). I'll bring in 14 rex, 1 yuty, 5 wyverns. I'll have an ascendant pump shotgun that I'll blast the wyvern queen with while it is in the air. While on the ground, the Rexes will chomp on it and also kill the minions. I'm thinking about whether a tame I can fire my shotgun without dismounting might be good to have, but haven't decided. I'm bringing mostly bloods, as they heal when they attack.

Well, I have already done it in Beta, after two days looking for Wyverns Alfpha, I finally found the 3 necessary for Queen Beta. I went to the arena with my 12 wyverns bred and imprinted, 6 t-rex bred and imprinted, 1 terizicinosaurus bred tmb and a yutiranus.
I was victorious but it cost me a lot, in Beta it is very strong, I also spent almost 300 shotgun cartridges.
I don't think I'm going to try it in Alpha, since getting so many Alpha Wyvern claws is very complicated, and to get them out with the admin, I'd rather not.
I have really enjoyed this map, but it lacks many things to my liking.

I took 4 tropical, 4 blood and 4 ember, it is useless only bloods, since his attack on the queen barely affects him, come on! The one of no wyvern practically affects the Queen nothing, I have done it in Gamma and Beta and I know what I'm talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...