new boss, best dinos for fight?

Giorgino87

18 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

I play on unofficial too. There's a point to what he's saying. If everybody chimes in with their personal experiences without a little disclaimer tag above their post stating their server rates and etc., then for somebody that's coming into the thread and wondering what they'll need to complete the fight, there's no way to know which posts to listen to, that will actually be useful for them.

Though you also has a point that this forum is for Ark in general.

I think what I suggested would be good. People that play with altered rates, that respond to threads about the game, should specify the conditions they play under. Otherwise, why post your findings? They are not useful for anyone without context. I'm assuming the reason to respond to a thread like this isn't to brag that you've done it, but to actually help.

Yes, and I did say "fairly easy settings". So the disclaimer is right there if anyone reads what I wrote.

Still got a very "elitist" attitude from someone who says "All the discussion is about making the boss with standard settings as on official".

That is clearly not true, as maybe 1/3 of the posts in this thread are from me, someone who never plays on official servers. Most of my posts are good advice for official or unofficial, and as helpful as anyone else's posts.

I'm not bragging, but possibly some people don't want to hear that I did it on an unofficial server, since in their opinion, "it doesn't count".

On 7/14/2020 at 7:13 PM, wildbill said:

Who says? You? More people play ARK on unofficial servers than official servers and many of them with non-standard settings, many with mods. This is the forum for discussing ARK. If that it is the official forum and you think somehow that means it is only for discussing official servers, that is just your simple minded way of thinking, not my problem.

To understand how much a boss is difficult you NEED to have a fair meter to compare. Otherwise is like having a meter that is a meter long but that has writte on his scale that is 1cm long, you will mess up all measurements with that. Then you can rescale to your whatever settings you like. You can find any sort of video on youtube, in some people kills alpha dragon with deinonychus. Now, this is impossible on oficial settingsa. Turns out he had difficulty at 0.1,, meaning bosses have 90% less health. Is not fun thinking of how many people missed this concept and wasted weeks to prepare 20 deinonychus for the fight. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE if you change the settings. Even killing bosses with DODOs. :D That said, after is clear what meter are you using, you can report it to you own customised settings, in the case the server admin tells you what they are...

On 7/17/2020 at 11:31 PM, Fresiki said:

I play on unofficial too. There's a point to what he's saying. If everybody chimes in with their personal experiences without a little disclaimer tag above their post stating their server rates and etc., then for somebody that's coming into the thread and wondering what they'll need to complete the fight, there's no way to know which posts to listen to, that will actually be useful for them.

Though you also has a point that this forum is for Ark in general.

I think what I suggested would be good. People that play with altered rates, that respond to threads about the game, should specify the conditions they play under. Otherwise, why post your findings? They are not useful for anyone without context. I'm assuming the reason to respond to a thread like this isn't to brag that you've done it, but to actually help.

exactly. I did not mean to remove people who play unofficial from the discussion. Just to be able to have a meaningful discussion, and not just a collection of reports without sense. PS I play unofficial too

On 7/17/2020 at 11:46 PM, wildbill said:

Yes, and I did say "fairly easy settings". So the disclaimer is right there if anyone reads what I wrote.

Still got a very "elitist" attitude from someone who says "All the discussion is about making the boss with standard settings as on official".

That is clearly not true, as maybe 1/3 of the posts in this thread are from me, someone who never plays on official servers. Most of my posts are good advice for official or unofficial, and as helpful as anyone else's posts.

I'm not bragging, but possibly some people don't want to hear that I did it on an unofficial server, since in their opinion, "it doesn't count".

Nobody said you opinion does nto count. Unofortunately, "fairly easy settings" has no meaning at all. Please be more specific. As in the example I reported, changing some settings has a DRAMATIC impact on boss difficulty. 

7 hours ago, Giorgino87 said:

Nobody said you opinion does nto count. Unofortunately, "fairly easy settings" has no meaning at all. Please be more specific. As in the example I reported, changing some settings has a DRAMATIC impact on boss difficulty. 

Do you just want to fight over who can say what and how they can say it here?

I never once in this thread gave any specific recommendations on how to fight the Wyvern Queen Boss without some kind of disclaimer. I said how I would do it. How I did it with easy settings which was pretty much how I said I would do it. I did mention some stuff about how to get the talon you need to enter the boss fight.

So talk to someone else that you think may or may not be posting misleading information and maybe look in the mirror. It isn't me here that is posting stuff to make this thread less meaningful. Just now you posted three times, adding nothing to this topic when you could have posted just once or no times, since it was entirely unnecessary.

Just because no one is posting that they did it and how they did it on official settings, don't take that out on me. Maybe that just shows how uninterested in general people are in playing this map on the official servers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 1:29 AM, MR4T said:

What I learned in the Queen match
・TEK rifle cannot be shot
・Tropeognathus can be taken to the Boss Arena
・Crystal Wyvern can be taken to Boss Arena
・Griffon can be taken to Boss Arena
・TEK chest piece cannot fly
・Queen (gamma) is HP 400,000
・Queen (beta) has HP 675,000
・Queen (Alpha) is HP 950,000
・Lost all equipment and dinosaurs with a timeout

I challenged Queen (beta) solo and won. The composition is 6 REX, 5 Crystal Wyverns, 1 Griffon.
REX is a tank on the ground, Wyverns is a tank in the air, and I mount a griffon and cut the queen's HP with a pump shotgun, and let REX cut the HP three times when getting off the ground.

Our tribe beat the Crystal Wyvern Queen yesterday. Got the flag and the trophy, but it didn't show up on our implant?? More people experiencing this? We're not going to do the beta or alpha if this isn't going to be fixed. Not very usefull introducing a 'Unique new boss" if it doesn't show up on the implant :/

• 3 weeks later...

So, while we were trying this, we got another problem: I am not sure if at first or second round, but 2 of my mates suddenly their hp started to go down, despire, they say, they had no conditions, hot cold nothing...their hp were goinf down, even though they had all soup buffs active...any idea why that happened?

EDITç ok nevermind, figured it out, they took battle tartare

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2020 at 8:27 PM, Souwi said:

I do with my tribe 

Beta Queen wyvern : 5 Rexes & 1 velanosaurus 

Gamma : 10 rexes & 3 velanosaurus

Alpha : 15 rexes & 4 velanosaurus  1 yuti 

It's free

With velona attacks is she forced to land like usual fliers? Or why you take velona?

I just tried

12 blood crystal wyvern, 19k HP 850% attack

6 rex 40k HP 1185% DMG

1 yuty

1 daeodon

Was solo, I did not use daeodon. I buffed with yuty first part, then once se was very up in the sky and could not reach my wyverns with buff I went with shotgun

Lost no dino, but wyverns were very very damaged. The first half od life went down very fast, but second half took long cause no landing means no rex damage, and also wyverns have difficulty to attack her while she flies. Took down in 10-15 minutes

On 11/5/2020 at 7:35 PM, Shiva66 said:

Our tribe beat the Crystal Wyvern Queen yesterday. Got the flag and the trophy, but it didn't show up on our implant?? More people experiencing this? We're not going to do the beta or alpha if this isn't going to be fixed. Not very usefull introducing a 'Unique new boss" if it doesn't show up on the implant :/

no it does not show up. I guess because is not an official boss

• Volunteer Moderator
On 11/5/2020 at 6:35 PM, Shiva66 said:

As @Giorgino87 said it won't show up because it is not an official boss. The only way it would show up is if the boss was either the Brood/Monkey/Dragon.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:36 AM, Sam78 said:

Well, I have already done it in Beta, after two days looking for Wyverns Alfpha, I finally found the 3 necessary for Queen Beta. I went to the arena with my 12 wyverns bred and imprinted, 6 t-rex bred and imprinted, 1 terizicinosaurus bred tmb and a yutiranus.
I was victorious but it cost me a lot, in Beta it is very strong, I also spent almost 300 shotgun cartridges.
I don't think I'm going to try it in Alpha, since getting so many Alpha Wyvern claws is very complicated, and to get them out with the admin, I'd rather not.
I have really enjoyed this map, but it lacks many things to my liking.

I took 4 tropical, 4 blood and 4 ember, it is useless only bloods, since his attack on the queen barely affects him, come on! The one of no wyvern practically affects the Queen nothing, I have done it in Gamma and Beta and I know what I'm talking about.

I ran alpha twice in a row lastnight. I took 14 rexes and 1 yuti. Both times it was pretty easy except the last time it glitched through the map  I play on official and if alpha is that easy than beta and gamma will be a walk in the park.  I used no flyers and no shotguns which i think i will try next time with shotguns. But my rexes managed pretty well takin everything on. They only lost 1 to 3k health if that

11 hours ago, CattyDragon666 said:

I ran alpha twice in a row lastnight. I took 14 rexes and 1 yuti. Both times it was pretty easy except the last time it glitched through the map  I play on official and if alpha is that easy than beta and gamma will be a walk in the park.  I used no flyers and no shotguns which i think i will try next time with shotguns. But my rexes managed pretty well takin everything on. They only lost 1 to 3k health if that

I also play on official. What are the stats of the rexes and yuti you took to the boss fight?

Archived