world save lag on official....

Usuallyafk

9 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

world save lag on official....

Will this ever be addressed or fixed? I searched and searched, can't find any response from WC. Huge lag every 15 min the world save is performed.

So how do you suggest fixing it? Its impossible to save data without writing it on disk. More player/structures/tames etc = more data needed to be written.

2 hours ago, Luewen said:

So how do you suggest fixing it? Its impossible to save data without writing it on disk. More player/structures/tames etc = more data needed to be written.

I'm not a programmer? Other games dont have this problem so the logical choice would be to adopt their way of saving data. Stop trying to be a contrarian on the forums. It's a problem that almost everyone wants fixed desperately. No game should freeze for 6 to 7 seconds every 15 min.

7 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

I'm not a programmer? Other games dont have this problem so the logical choice would be to adopt their way of saving data. Stop trying to be a contrarian on the forums. It's a problem that almost everyone wants fixed desperately. No game should freeze for 6 to 7 seconds every 15 min.

Other games dont have as much data to save. Most mmo’s do realtime data saving but its not possible to do that here without heavily modifying engine and data architecture. Aka not gonna happen. That said not even biggest mmos have as much data to save and if it would be saved every server tick the game would grind to halt.

Only fix is to lower amount of data to save and to do that, all the big bases would need to be removed and tames lowered drastically.

1 hour ago, Luewen said:

Other games dont have as much data to save. Most mmo’s do realtime data saving but its not possible to do that here without heavily modifying engine and data architecture. Aka not gonna happen. That said not even biggest mmos have as much data to save and if it would be saved every server tick the game would grind to halt.

Only fix is to lower amount of data to save and to do that, all the big bases would need to be removed and tames lowered drastically.

Unbelievably incorrect. Like I said I wasn't experiencing any of this prior to the last patch even though others were on the same servers. Again refer to my prior replies. Nothing you have said is factual & mods lock posts as soon as anyone starts arguing. Half the official servers (more honestly) are unplayable because of the crazy high ping. Please educate yourself thx.

On 6/30/2020 at 6:08 AM, Usuallyafk said:

Unbelievably incorrect. Like I said I wasn't experiencing any of this prior to the last patch even though others were on the same servers. Again refer to my prior replies. Nothing you have said is factual & mods lock posts as soon as anyone starts arguing. Half the official servers (more honestly) are unplayable because of the crazy high ping. Please educate yourself thx.

Then you are one In the thousands. There has been no changes on server save times in last few patches. Otherwise everyone would have started getting them. Its been same stuff for a while now. So its either your server having issue or its at your end.

1 hour ago, Luewen said:

Then you are one In the thousands. There has been no changes on server save times in last few patches. Otherwise everyone would have started getting them. Its been same stuff for a while now. So its either your server having issue or its at your end.

Again unbelievably incorrect. There is a post with 10s of thousands of views and hundreds of replies if not more about the connection issues and how they seem directly involved.

Archived