Failure since update? Epic ASM

Failure since update? Epic ASM

Hi guys,

There has been an update on Friday on the Epic client for ARK. Before that i had a server up. Which sucked already as others from Epic client couldnt even join.

But after the update the server cant even go on anymore. Ever since updating it goes wrong, putting it on doesnt work. Joining it not in any way. Have tried all options, from exactly the same as before to all option with and without -crossplay -epiconly and whatever. 

Anyone has any idea what happened to the Epic client version? What they did, why it now fails with ASM? Making it not work for me to join myself, let alone that a friend can join it (please also give a solution for that. Nobody can so far).

• 2 weeks later...

This is still an issue. I used to host a server and now I'm unable to get my friends online.

All connections coming from Steam

I have forwarded to my computer ports: 7777, 7778 and query 27016 (which was enough before). My other PCs connect OK on LAN (thus, I think it is a port related issue) but my friends on WAN can't login. It says Login Failed, Connection Time Out and if they try by console they get Host Connection Time Out, Lost/timedout connection to host.

I read a lot of people with the same issue and their solutions are simply just set things rights which I think I have but somehow it is still not working. I aslo tried, due some reading, shutting down NAT Acceleration but apparently my router does not have that option (and it is weird and absurd we have to go this far just to get a server going).

Archived