Transfer problem

darcek

Transfer problem

I post this if anyone got any idea would appreciate the help.

I have played recently on 3 different Servers. All PVE officials. PC is my device.

The Island. Ab and Genesis.

My main base is in Genesis.

I would transfer from server to server fill my time with different objectives..

One day.. I stumble on what looks like a bug..

While trying to transfer to my sub server from Genesis to The island,I opened the Tek transmitter,went into server selection,chose my server and press join..

Nothing happen.

I thought at first it was the usual lag,but no it wasn't .there was just no reaction.i ALSO COULDN'T USE esc TO GET OUT OF THAT SCREEN.

so I did an alt+F4 ,went back to the game tried again.

Same thing...

I started reading forum posts etc.one guy suggested that you manually join the server you were planning to join.

I did that,and it worked.I got a message upon entering the server that I already have a character on the server,Do I want to overwrite it.I pressed Yes.

What that did it allowed me in the server,but it kicked me out of my tribe.

Thankfully on that server I had another guy im playing with.he re-invited me to the tribe.

That was ok,transfer worked well from then on,I could again freely transfer between the servers.

Today it happened again.

Only this time on my main base server where I play solo.

Now I could overwrite my character. That means all my work will be lost... my base lost my dinos lost.

I have tried various manual fixes:

I tried login on manually to each the servers. I tried to move my character from the main server to another unused server and then transfer with a character from my other servers.

Nothing worked. Whenever I try to transfer to my main base it dosent activate the transmit or.

I also had sometimes items not in the counter of the server,I just went and press anyway join.

That drooped the items from my inventory to the ground,and nothing else happen.

I also tried since tek transmitter didnt work,the mission terminals in Genesis to try transfer from there.It gave same result as with the transmitter.

Did anyone encounter this transfer bug before? Does anyone have an idea or solution to this except erasing my main?

I can keep playing on my main but without been able to join my friends on other servers and that will be deal breaker for me.

I finally managed to fix it,it seems.

Was complicated.

I needed to clear out characters transferred to servers I wont be using.

Then I logged  manually from the island server onto AB from there to Genesis.

Its working again.

Im kinda certain this bug will reoccur,at least I know the solution now.thou it does takes long time to figure out like a Hungarian cube.

It occurred to me that this might be an actual game mechanic.

Anyone knows if theres a time limit,of traveling between server?

Seem like protection system or something.I sometimes just transfer some resources or items are missing then want to head back to my main server,didnt occur to me that might be a limit time on that.

Archived