2 food questions help

Kamikami0

2 food questions help

Hello

I just started playing Ark like a week ago and I have 2 problems:

1) -I everytime have to go and feed my dinos but it takes everytime long time and I don't want to always go and feed them it's boring, so I wanted to ask what cheat code to use to make ALL TAMED dinos (actual and future ones) not eating much food or not losing hp if starving?

2) -I found a unicorn and tamed it and when mounted it there was an empty stomach icon but in inventory it's stomach was full (and not recovering hp): is it a bug? A friend told me it was normal but if it is then what cheat code to use to make it eating or keeping it alive?

On 6/27/2020 at 6:51 AM, Kamikami0 said:

2 food questions help

Hello

I just started playing Ark like a week ago and I have 2 problems:

1) -I everytime have to go and feed my dinos but it takes everytime long time and I don't want to always go and feed them it's boring, so I wanted to ask what cheat code to use to make ALL TAMED dinos (actual and future ones) not eating much food or not losing hp if starving?

2) -I found a unicorn and tamed it and when mounted it there was an empty stomach icon but in inventory it's stomach was full (and not recovering hp? is it a bug? A friend told me it was normal but if it is then what cheat code to use to make it eating or keeping it alive?

If you are on single player or you run a server there is a setting to make dinos eat less or not at all, I can't remember what it is but it's something about food drain I think, you can check out the settings. If you are not on SP or the one in charge of the server your best bet would be to pod dinos because you can't use codes.  As for the unicorn being hungry the horses (eqquis and unicorns) on Ark have a fast stam drain and they have a hard time eating enough to keep up with it when they're running around a lot, try pressing E on berries and force feeding it. (do not force feed it white or black berries, the white ones will drain the food and the black ones will KO the tame)

Yes I feed them with correct food I even take time to put things in the feeding trough + giving them food to each of them to make sure they have enough but everytime I come back after going for metal for example, half of the feeding trough is empty and I found one of my parasaurs again with not much food while I was giving them the 4 good berries (100 of each)

Yes I'm single player and yeah the tameddinodrainfood but I used the cheat and it didn't work at all

Yeah ik about the black and white berries but the problem about the unicorn is that I was forcing it to eat and it's food bar was already full, but when mounting it there was an icon of empty stomach

Where can I find this setting of tamed dino food consumption? The only setting I've found talking about food consumption was about titanosaurus

On 6/27/2020 at 10:21 AM, Kamikami0 said:

Yes but they eat all so fast

Im rather curious as to what exactly is going on here.....are you on solo or official? How much food are you putting in the trough, are you forcing them to eat, or leaving food in their inventory?

I find that tamed dino's do eat, but not at an extremely weird pace.....a 100 count stack of berries in a horse should last a day on official, or a couple days on solo. O.O

Are you sure the starveling icon was the animals? And if you are on extinction, it might be the icon for increased food consumption rate, not actually starving.

Ty I will look and try and if smth I'll msg here

I'm on solo

And I just go farm with my paraceratherium and I put all the berries from his inventory to the feeding trough + I go farm again and give the berries to each herbivore dino and with the meat I put 4 stacks in the trough + giving 1 stack to each carnivore and 1 stack of fish to the dolphin, surprisingly the ichty doesn't eat much the fish but don't starve

No I don't force them to eat except the unicorn she was low health but full food bar but she was refusing to recover the health, a friend told me unicorns don't eat but I don't understand why it was telling me it has empty stomach but in inventory the food bar was full?

Yeah I saw ppl saying just letting 1 stack of berries the dinos will live for a week but no :/ one standing parasaur died

Yeah the starving icon was on top next to its stats, and I play on The Island

Idk it was pretty much looking like starving, stomach with red and there was purple around my screen

Hi I couldn't reply anymore yesterday cuz forum muted oof sry, and how do I know which [header] is the right one? I've put the thingie at the end and I don't have the feeling anything happened, and now I crafted 2 more feeding troughs and got bronto saddle, farmed berries, I've put the 3 feeding troughs full of berries and a bit of meat, it looks fine but meh

Nvm about the unicorn all is fine now it eats and has its hp full

Yeah I have tons of spoiled meat so I go put more and more edible ones

Archived