summer bash Summer Bash has so many updates...

ZanyZebra

Summer Bash has so many updates...

Before I say anything, I really love that they update the game, but I’ve had to update Ark, Ark Extinction, and Ark Scorched Earth over 4 times each this week for Summer Bash.

Why don’t they just send out 1 update for each map instead of 4? I don’t see why they can’t just combine the updates with the bug fix updates. It’s actually killed me on my server and I lost all my good loot that I spent days on because my home Xbox had to update in the middle of a cave battle. Then I have to turn off my server to update it because everyone just crashes out of the game to update. I’m just surprised no one else on the server died because of this yet. 

People would say “why don’t you just check your pending updates?” but it doesn’t show me until it already starts and then the game has to stop. I just don’t get why a Summer Bash requires more than one update, and it’s annoying it updates mid-game. Any game I have doesn’t normally do this except Ark. 

6 minutes ago, ZanyZebra said:

Summer Bash has so many updates...

...” but it doesn’t show me until it already starts and then the game has to stop. I just don’t get why a Summer Bash requires more than one update, and it’s annoying it updates mid-game. Any game I have doesn’t normally do this except Ark. 

This is something that really annoys me about Ark on XBox. An update comes in, downloads, installs and then you think “great, I can now play.” You launch the game, the splash screens come up, and then suddenly it says “Aberration needs an update” and the game closes and downloads the Aberration update. When that’s done you go to launch the game. But now it says it wants to update Scorched Earth. The exact same thing happens next for Extinction. Why can’t the game just download all the updates at once, rather than this stupid way? 

Playstation downloads all updates at once. 

Archived