2 weeks New to the game and I've decided to quit

Phrozy

2 weeks New to the game and I've decided to quit

I had a friend that played this game a long time ago that picked it up again when i got the game. One of the biggest pieces of advice he gave me was 'don't get attached to your base because you will get raided'.. And i took that advice well. I had my bases get raided daily. I wised up and allied with bigger tribes that were joined together on the server. Getting raided didn't upset me, it's part of the game. I could even bite my frustration with a lot of buggy issues with the game because it seemed fun. What overall ruined the game for me, is that without warning or notice, someone with unlimited resources could transfer into your server, find you with little effort, take everything, then vanish from the server with no chance of redemption. Now i joined a low population server, peak hours might see 40 people online, but most of the time throughout the day there were between 6-15 players online. I thought this would be a good start to play the game peacefully and have a reasonable amount of pvp, Not having to run for our lives every single day and that's all we did. Our alliance was pretty strong, we had devoted our effort to making a colony of ships on the water and we typically had to relocate every day and hide, with the final stand coming in dark water cave guarded by wyverns because there were players that kept coming in with high level managarmrs that we can't even get access to that would zoom around the map on search and destroy missions. there was always a different threat every day on the server.. names we didn't recognize,  chatter in global on how they came from other servers. We always seemed to be on the run, these so called 'alpha or mega' tribes as you call them that can come and go as they please at no consequence seemingly just waiting to find a tribe to rub elbows with and eliminate them and leave with their spoils.. If this is how the end game works, i don't really want any part of that. I was part of a battle today and watched our entire colony destroyed by a couple people. Dozens of ships, tireless hours of resources harvested, all gone. All the while feeling helpless because the attackers seemed to have everything they could need to dismantle us with ease and they weren't even from our server, just passing through, i believe it's called 'griefing'. Well after 2 weeks of playing this game, i say it was fun but not for me. I think the gameplay is not welcoming to the new player and i could imagine the population of this game has been declining if it's this big of a turn off to someone new. You designed a game that favors only those that 'own' servers and can move around conquering other servers. And a new player trying to pick up the game and have fun building and joining tribes and alliances, yeah that's pretty impossible to keep going for long. Honestly what's most disheartening is for how long this game has been out, why is the optimization so god awful. This game is so buggy, it just doesn't seem like a lot of issues are actually addressed, I've been gaming for a very long time and this is the only game i've straight up quit over the poor quality end game objectives, pvp, general buggyness of building etc. So if 'Conquer a server, transfer to another server and wipe that server out, rinse repeat' is the big bang for ark well, that Seems enjoyable for a very small portion of players and near impossible for any new player base to get involved with the game for very long. Peace out

Whaaaat? Nooo. You would quit playing this wonderful game? I dont believe you! You mean you wouldnt wanna keep playing a game where any sort of task you do gets extended to an hour only to have it wasted? Or getting rubberbanded all the time? I cant possibly understand why you wouldnt wanna play a game where the company mess up so bad they roll back the servers up to 8 god damn hours. Or the fact that it takes soooo long on x1 to manually build a little stone hut. You dont wanna tame a rare high level dino that took 3 hours or more to tame just so a Pegomastix can kill it right before it wakes up to be tamed? This is all sarcasm. Your doing a great thing by staying away from this garbage game. Stay away from it. Its not worth the stress

Just now, Morikar said:

Whaaaat? Nooo. You would quit playing this wonderful game? I dont believe you! You mean you wouldnt wanna keep playing a game where any sort of task you do gets extended to an hour only to have it wasted? Or getting rubberbanded all the time? I cant possibly understand why you wouldnt wanna play a game where the company mess up so bad they roll back the servers up to 8 god damn hours. Or the fact that it takes soooo long on x1 to manually build a little stone hut. You dont wanna tame a rare high level dino that took 3 hours or more to tame just so a Pegomastix can kill it right before it wakes up to be tamed? This is all sarcasm. Your doing a great thing by staying away from this garbage game. Stay away from it. Its not worth the stress

>.<

But i will tell you this. Try ArkPOC servers. These servers wipe every 30 days so everyone is on equal footing so it gives everyone a chance for the pvp experience. I actually got the pvp experience i always dreamed of on ArkPoc. But now that i got the experience im not interested to fo it again. So i just play PVE or Singleplayer. If you want your stuff to stay longer than a week then do PVE if you want a pvp experience. Try AEKPOC. Remember arkpoc resets EVERYTHING after 30 days. So bear that in mind

5 minutes ago, Phrozy said:

>.<

I will also say PVE is hard cause everyone pillars off land. Sometimes its land they wanna use. Or pillaring off key important resource and dino areas just to be rotten scumbags. My brother and i got SUPER lucky and found a beautiful Valguero spot on PVE. With plenty of land that we claimed. So you and your friend may get lucky too you just gotta look hard

Maybe try an unofficial server run by an admin who is skilled with the game and actually cares.  It takes awhile, but you can find such a thing.  Official servers tend to be rife with trolls and a$$holes but there are decent people on them, you just gotta spend some time looking.  Never give up on anything.

Archived