Not sure how you did it but it somehow got worse

Not sure how you did it but it somehow got worse

Ark has now made their game completely unplayable and every time I try I crash within 5 minutes or less. We all know ark is trying to save as much money as they can but is it really so hard to make a testing server or test the new updates they put out.  Now we have to wait until they fix all the glitches with their summer event and who knows when that will be. The event could end before they even fix the glitches or they could decide to just ignore it and work on that new dlc for more money.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worse game I’ve ever played

Can’t believe what a poop game this is lost 3 gigas to an osd because they can’t fix their broken game and constant crash and screen freezing. Thanks for the horrible experience wc you just lost another customer but y’all probably don’t even care because I bought the game and gave you money. Good job keep up the poop work and wasting people’s time and money. Literally you can’t find another game that is this badly created where u can’t even play the game. Thanks for the waste of time and money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 4

Tbh he just felt need to vent his frustration like a lot of us , it’s what we put up with playing this game . However how you choose to do it is different for everyone. He’s probably playing right now . I see a lot of folks complaining about it’s wc fault , when with more experience at the game would have resulted in a different outcome. Absolutely you can get unfairly done over in game . Though I would say it’s more player error over WC to be fair . Op ? Just persevere if you enjoy the game , usually the only reason we vent when we enjoy something so much . You rarely hear people using there time to complement . So to wildcard team , THANKYOU for all the years you’ve given me .it’s helped me through my battle with depression, if it wasn’t for ark I might not still be here.x

Edited by Cheef
Missed a few words
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1
12 hours ago, Zeldei said:

Other games crash too. I don't know if you are aware of this.  WoW gets DCs too. 

Not anything like Ark. The official servers are a huge disaster. I played wow a ton back in the day, probably the smoothest most polished game ever created on that scale so idk what you're even referencing really.  The bugs that plague ark still like loss of character on transfers, is absolutely unacceptable. Idk if you can even say that's a bug honestly, completely broken/unfinished game I would say.

Edited by Usuallyafk
  • Like 1

I'm amazed at the lower expectations people have with games in general and especially Ark. Games are software. I make a living as an artist and can't imagine if Cinema 4D, Zbrush or photoshop behaved like Ark does. I would go broke...

Ark is an amazing game and I would pay 3 times the cost if it was absolutely stable and playable. It's complex game, I get it, but they are obviously not capable of managing the development properly. I have been lucky up to patch 298 or so. I kept reading about all these issues that people had and considered myself lucky for not having any of them, and I am even on a mac! But now, patch 312 finally broke the game for me.

Edited by Riisho
spelling
  • Thanks 2

Strange it usually despawns if you die,i had same issue on a purp osd,i died but my single giga was fine when i returned. I have however lost whole players and dinos and bases due to transferes,my friend too just recently lost his 125lvl player. I have twice lost whole cryofridges full of dinos due to bugs too. But still i play and likely will until ark2 or something better comes along. Ark is a kick in the nuts sometimes sure,but certainly not the worst game ever.

2 minutes ago, generalswift said:

Strange it usually despawns if you die,i had same issue on a purp osd,i died but my single giga was fine when i returned. I have however lost whole players and dinos and bases due to transferes,my friend too just recently lost his 125lvl player. I have twice lost whole cryofridges full of dinos due to bugs too. But still i play and likely will until ark2 or something better comes along. Ark is a kick in the nuts sometimes sure,but certainly not the worst game ever.

The drop will despawn but the dinos wont if you are in the middle of a wave you will likely be dead by the time you logged back in.

15 hours ago, Zeldei said:

Other games crash too. I don't know if you are aware of this.  WoW gets DCs too. 

Wow generally doesnt leave you with hours and weeks of progress deleted by a single fu... disconnect now does it? And if their dc causes severe loss of items the gms are more then able to replace those items. Where here what you get isnt even what you lost is a pathetic fraction of the tame lost.

Edited by Kentren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

The drop will despawn but the dinos wont if you are in the middle of a wave you will likely be dead by the time you logged back in.

Yes i died,maybe i was near end of wave i guess. Hard to imagine 3 decent gigas not surviving a single wave tho,unless was clones no imprint poor saddles ect

2 minutes ago, generalswift said:

Yes i died,maybe i was near end of wave i guess. Hard to imagine 3 decent gigas not surviving a single wave tho,unless was clones no imprint poor saddles ect

I can easily see them all dying, if he was on a wave with multiple alpha corrupted rexes besides all the other stuff around. Ive lost a 100% imprinted asc saddle giga with 1000% melee cause of having to solo 3-4 of those rexes thinking oh I have more than half life on this giga, should be able to handle 1 more round, then boom dead.

Being that he disconnected and none of the gigas were getting rider bonus then yea bye bye gigas.

7 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

I can easily see them all dying, if he was on a wave with multiple alpha corrupted rexes besides all the other stuff around. Ive lost a 100% imprinted asc saddle giga with 1000% melee cause of having to solo 3-4 of those rexes thinking oh I have more than half life on this giga, should be able to handle 1 more round, then boom dead.

Being that he disconnected and none of the gigas were getting rider bonus then yea bye bye gigas.

Sure def possible with a bunch of alpha rex,or if gigas were already injured. They dont spawn too regular tho,every 4-5 waves,i had to go to wave 30 to max out a chibi

27 minutes ago, Kentren said:

Wow generally doesnt leave you with hours and weeks of progress deleted by a single fu... disconnect now does it? And if their dc causes severe loss of items the gms are more then able to replace those items. Where here what you get isnt even what you lost is a pathetic fraction of the tame lost.

But WoW and ARK are two separate games, made by companies with big differences.

How long have the two been in existence? How many games do they have? Ect.

5 hours ago, LEDminer said:

But WoW and ARK are two separate games, made by companies with big differences.

How long have the two been in existence? How many games do they have? Ect.

I was replying to the other person if you want to refute a point take his. Dont you dare try to build a defense against mine without starting with his. He stated it happens and then used WoW as a comparison and technically not wrong but the effects are SO drastically different.

Edited by Kentren
  • Facepalm 1
8 hours ago, Kentren said:

Depends. There are keys you grind or currency you have to spend to get access to a weekly event. If you DC out of it, you are SOL.  You lose access and the time you spend grinding to get it.  I have also earned rewards and had them disappear because of a server rollback.  It's a pretty big deal if you brick your weekly high level key. 

The point being anyway is that it's really hard to prevent you from having disconnects, since they can be caused by any number of things. DDOS too. I have spent days losing sub time because some nerd wanted to shut down wow servers for a week or got mad because he lost an arena pvp match. 

It sucks when it happens ya. This is one reason I would never play Ark on official where you are vulnerable to this problem, especially due to the load of people on the servers. 

In a sense, Blizzard has an incredible economic advantage over Wildcard with a steady income, so the fact that so much fails really says a lot about Blizzard. Wildcard doesn't even have a reliable revenue stream.  In fact, I think that is part of the problem. Wildcard relies heavily on expansion DLC sales, but they got  no way to monetize outside of that. Which puts maintenance and fixing problems down low on the list of Wildcard priorities.  Maybe if they charged a subscription or had a cosmetic store they would have more time/money to devote to dealing with Ark's problems. 

Edited by Zeldei
8 hours ago, Kentren said:

I was replying to the other person if you want to refute a point take his. Dont you dare try to build a defense against mine without starting with his. He stated it happens and then used WoW as a comparison and technically not wrong but the effects are SO drastically different.

Well, the thing is that all games can crash. That's a fact, and there's no denying it.

WoW is owned by Blizzard, a company that's many times larger than Wild Card. They also have many other games, and a lot of these have pay-to-play subscriptions or other methods of racking in money, whereas ARK only has the one time purchase + its DLCs. So obviously they have a lot more income to invest into better servers, player support ect.

• Thanks 1

When the Game works better and only a few things to do, why dont do that.

Disconnects can happent in evry Game, lags of course too.

My Bag Dissappear a few min ago, walked with tek pants, run outta element. Layed a bag, run to Skiff, landed next to bag, then dcd.... PurmoSkorpio Killed me, the way back with second Skiff taked a moment to long, bag gone My First Max lv Chibi was on it. This isnt a possibility, things like that Happent Dayli and evry moment.

Even when it is the First Game ever that Wildcard got, it isnt fair to the Gamer.

Longer bag Timer? Setting to Reduce Graphik Quality for evryyone easy with a few clicks?

By the Way, i fall into koma at Aberration, but i didnt died, saw nothing written bout it in patchnotes, but 2 weeks ago i was dead when i fall to koma. First time happents a couple month ago, nice to feel the Progress that Ark n WC do.

Hope to see more important ffixes quicker, like the Mannticore Boss Fight.

• Facepalm 1
On 8/21/2020 at 2:35 PM, Cheef said:

it’s helped me through my battle with depression

Im good to hear that Ark helps u in a bad Time, but i belive the Game with the Fails make alot Gamer Depressiv or Aggressiv.

Hear ppl Crying, bec of lose of a beloved Dino, babys or other lost things (bec of Bug or Fails).Even with a Submitted Ticket, u feel helpless, when playin Ark.

Its Frusttating me right now alot, bec i lost my only Max lv Chibi, bec lay down a bag and then dcd.

Im looking to Submit a Ticket, but where? How?

Clicked on Support and Help. Signed me in, look to find the right window to send the Request to get my lost inv back, but i cant find anything that sounds like the Problem i got.

Now im depressive, dont know what evrything was in my inv, i was overloaded and when i want to Submit a ticket, theres nothing to find. Waste of Time, take the bugged Game or leave it.

Edited by xMaDx
  • Facepalm 1
4 hours ago, xMaDx said:

Im good to hear that Ark helps u in a bad Time, but i belive the Game with the Fails make alot Gamer Depressiv or Aggressiv.

Hear ppl Crying, bec of lose of a beloved Dino, babys or other lost things (bec of Bug or Fails).Even with a Submitted Ticket, u feel helpless, when playin Ark.

Its Frusttating me right now alot, bec i lost my only Max lv Chibi, bec lay down a bag and then dcd.

Im looking to Submit a Ticket, but where? How?

Clicked on Support and Help. Signed me in, look to find the right window to send the Request to get my lost inv back, but i cant find anything that sounds like the Problem i got.

Now im depressive, dont know what evrything was in my inv, i was overloaded and when i want to Submit a ticket, theres nothing to find. Waste of Time, take the bugged Game or leave it.

Oh dear. I’m on PS4 Official Beta day one on pve . Played everyday exc 4 months total whilst diagnosed depression and hospital for 2 attempt suicide. One of the reasons I’m still here is ark . It may play a small part yet having played ark for yrs and a real good friend and tribe mate who kept everything running whilst I was away and I’ve never met him , I’m from uk and he’s Dutch from the Netherlands. Through ark I’ve talked to people all over the world , ark become a family. Funny that the moaners nowadays don’t know what beta was like. I tolerated the bugs , game launched and because of the progress I made I decided to stay . Legacy where it’s not as toxic and plenty places to build. Since legacy for yrs now , I get no support, no ticket lol. I’ve just learned to adapt , learned what I can and cannot control . Had same character from day one and jump regular between servers many times a day and very rarely nowadays get any issues that adversely affect me . I tolerate a lot but ark helps me cope day to day . The constant moans and attacking devs is so old now , if you aren’t happy with ark .leave . Yet 99% of people that feel the need to vent are noobs or back on the next day. Many that vent won’t have depression and implied the game makes you depressed  is not fair , most who vent on here need anger management classes not a doctor or at least experience . Yes . We all get screwed by wc at some point but it’s been like this day one and I still love it . So hoping for change this late in the games cycle I’m afraid your asking for a miracle . Peace and love 

Thx, thats the ONLY reason why i play Ark. 5-6 Friends, never meet them, but we share and help in Game like Brothers. Ur Friend and u can be Proud to found each other. Ill try alot Time to be a friendly Person that help others, the most ppls at my Server know that, some take my help and we are good Friends, other ppl see my Friendly acting as my weakness and try to Troll and scam evrytime. The Community in Ark is like evrywhere else.

Im sittin right now with 2 Friends in a Party and Pray to not DCD between an Purple Drop or on Way back Home, since Yesterday we know, when some lay anything down out of Inventory, an dcd is possible and lost of the things at evry moment. I will Hold beloved things in inventory from now on, even when its take alot more Time.

And sweetie, dont call me Dear if u dont mean it ;)

Edited by xMaDx
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, xMaDx said:

Im sittin right now with 2 Friends in a Party and Pray to not DCD between an Purple Drop or on Way back Home, since Yesterday we know, when some lay anything down out of Inventory, an dcd is possible and lost of the things at evry moment. I will Hold beloved things in inventory from now on, even when its take alot more Time.

It happents again, not 24 hours later and i get wiped from server. Only popped 10 stacks metal and picked them up, with the last 15 stacks ill throwed my Tek Armor to Carry.... dcd before grabbed last Metal and Tek Suite. The Game is so ihstabil, that pop some out, its possible to lose it? My Rarest Chibi was on the Transmitter, im glasd to not popped it out. That is Ark Official? Free?

Stopped to breed already, bec this was the Only way to not see Babys starve to Death, bec no Interaction with Server possible. Were getting Attacked by the Game. The Overseer Corrupted the Dev n Support Team and the Servers, hope some Survive to Beat them on Alpha.

On 8/20/2020 at 11:57 PM, Zeldei said:

But when it happens in other games you don't lose hour and hours and hours and hours of work.

ARK is an amazing game... on a private server with an admin who does a good job. On the Official servers it's garbage.

• Like 1