An Update For Our Console Players

Dollie
Message added by GP

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, TroubleSteve said:

Hi, how come that I can see the servers on my xbox, but can not on my microsoft store copy on my pc??? All of them says in server lobby: Deploying 800.13.....   When will the pc one work????

Windows 10 unfortunately have not released it for download yet.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll be just been on my official server. There is no message on the start up screen, no message in game. People on my server didn’t know about the problems, they had no idea there is going to be a rollback. One dudes raising 20 babies, unaware he’s going to loose them all. I’m actually disgusted that there is no notice for players in game. Not everyone uses social media or forums. This should be on the start up screen telling people. 

From what I gather they have 1 programmer. You people play a game that's made from real engine and expect it to be perfect? Wildcard couldn't create their own engine but you expect it to be lag free and a simple update to be perfect. 1 coder can only do so much I have created games I code, I'll tell you this 1 small issue on a engine that you did not create can cause massive issues. Finding that issue to resolve it is insanely difficult. I suggest they hire about 10 more programmers and create their own engine to support the game. If they plan on making a future for ark they better get away from real engine.

Just now, Arlie87 said:

but if i download them and it rolls back they won't be in my cryofridge either lol.

They will be back in the cloud if it deletes them now they gone for good server side is set up like that because real engine has memory issues. I assure you if you take out if you can they will be back in the cloud if you dont and timer hits 0 before roll back they gone forever. Server fully deletes after that no more save file. If u pull out they will be on you roll back will put them back in cloud. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

1 minute ago, Land724 said:

They will be back in the cloud if it deletes them now they gone for good server side is set up like that because real engine has memory issues. I assure you if you take out if you can they will be back in the cloud if you dont and timer hits 0 before roll back they gone forever. Server fully deletes after that no more save file. If u pull out they will be on you roll back will put them back in cloud. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

ok cheers

1 minute ago, Land724 said:

I can't understand why they would turn uploads and download off. As a dev to other games they are essentially making you people lose your stuff. It makes no sense to me.

11 hours ago, Dollie said:

A core piece of game data was corrupted in the latest patch, which resulted in various issues including the loss of some Aberration creatures (primarily Aberrant variants), incorrect animations, missing item info, and more.

We are currently working on a server-side fix for both Xbox and PS4. We expect the hotfix will be ready in approximately four hours, given all goes smoothly. With the deployment of the hotfix, we’ll be conducting a service-wide rollback on our Official Xbox and PS4 servers to the point of the initial deployment, so players can expect a rollback of approximately 8 or so hours by the time we actually deploy the fix.

However, an aspect of this fix requires a client update, which we aim to get through certification as quickly as possible. In the interim, players will experience some oddities such as creatures, the ones which were temporarily lost, appearing as “invisible”. We understand this isn’t ideal but we feel rolling back as quickly as possible and deploying the server-side fixes minimizes the disturbance to your game time.

We apologise for this inconvenience, we have been so excited to get this event into your hands. We’ll be extending the Summer Bash 2020 so everyone has the opportunity to fully enjoy it.

Thank you for your patience. 

The Wildcard Team. 

Care to indulge us Dollie as to why wildcard has turned off upload/download data? We all want to know why wildcard is making people lose so much? I'll gladly help you find the bug and resolve it if wildcard promises to give everyone back what they lost (same day).

Archived