An Update For Our Console Players

Dollie
Message added by GP

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/27/2020 at 9:25 PM, Kordiel said:

Single player game and game that u cant play bc of lags kicks etc and i dont even mean current patch 

btw Why ppl on steam dont have any problems and ppl that buy game for same price from microsoft store cant play like otchers >?

maybe people should do there research before buying ark, honestly people just buy stuff then ask for refunds because they lag or freeze. i brought ark because i like it and did my research and can actually stand the lag as long as i get to play the game people. do your research next time...

11 minutes ago, Deatbhing said:

maybe people should do there research before buying ark, honestly people just buy stuff then ask for refunds because they lag or freeze. i brought ark because i like it and did my research and can actually stand the lag as long as i get to play the game people. do your research next time...

Agreed. I have bad lag and issues too. But I know it's not the game makers fault. Its MY system and MY poor internet. The game is great! I dont get to play online with others just yet due to internet lag issues... but I play single player and enjoy it. The update has started on my console and I look forward to the blackout fix. 

But people, it's a large game. And with all large games comes lags, glitches, and constant frenzies of updates with new bugs. People are always complaining about this one. So if a surprise data delete at times isn't something one can stand, dont get this game on console. I like the challenge. Let's me get better each playthrough!

oh does it work on pc? well not on xbox. should have done research before buying ? well been playing for 3 years and the new update broke it.

so annoying when pc people just go well mine works so it must all work .console is busted . DC every 5 mins but struggling through . can't go taming . even meat runs are a risk . please don't pretend there is no problem when you have no idea whats happening

STILL not working right, guys you really need to just get rid of ark summer bash at this point as its not worth it, I love the game and all that and just braught aberration, but please fix this soon as its the most frustrating thing for anyone playing the game and is making the experience really poor at the moment 

so. patch (forPS4) 2.32 fixes the corrupted files, but after 25.597 GB of download, I still did not see my Dino return, I checked my tribe manager then counted dinos, they are not invisible, they are gone, as unread even in my tame numbers, so what was the real deal? I feel I was lead wrong to think they might be invisible.

Why did it only take 5gb update for the summer bash event but it took 25gb to return my players looks to normal which seems to be the only thing that got fixed, i just dont understand how the cost of chibis caused a 25gb update which didnt even change the price, litterally used up all my high speed data to update for nothing to change, this is very frustrating to say the least, luckily i didnt lose any tames because someone let me know before because they logged off and couldnt log back in because the 25gb update, which i had to stay up for another hour cryoing wyverns that we had out before i logged off because there was no warning besides for the people who follow arks twitter page, sure seems like alot of oversight on basic issues.(edit: I actually did lose tames, ark you deleted my 1st batch if chalicotheriums that were at juvy when i left them, i went back in tribe log to when i cryoed th wyverns before the update, and nothing starved or died i had other juvys out that were fine but every single one of my chalicotheriums are deleted. Thanks ark appreciate the hotfix.)

23 minutes ago, slimpickins2250 said:

So the update for xbox is 800.18? Then why when I go to the server screen, it says 800.111? And I still can't find my main character.

800.18 is the latest client version on your Xbox itself.
800.111 is the latest server version for official and nitrado servers.

As for why you cannot find your main character I am unsure.  If you were transferring at around the time when they updated the servers to the bad/corrupted version or possibly transferred after but before they decided to roll back your character might be gone.  If you cannot find it on the server you transferred from or to then you might need to create a support request to get it back if you're on an official server.  Wish I had more or better information, sorry.

EDIT If this was a newly created character, as in after the Summer bash first dropped then it's gone because of the roll back.

Can't think of other reasons, well other than it's Ark.  :/

1 hour ago, CyclonusZaero1986 said:

I am still having the same problem. :( I am about to hang it up for a while.

It runs good for a bit. But when I finish taming something or it starts to rain it crashes. All within 20 minutes or so.

Is there some way to turn off the event for single player?

Same here... moving meat from my inventory to the grill caused mine to crash tonight. Also, (at least on PS4) every single time I log off, when I log back in I have to re-allocate all of my character's levels/engram points. The points are there, and it says "level up is available", and I have to re-allocate all 104 points and re-learn engrams. I swear these problems get worse with every event they do. I like the event colored Dinos, but it's getting to be not worth it.

35 minutes ago, JNoble said:

Same here... moving meat from my inventory to the grill caused mine to crash tonight. Also, (at least on PS4) every single time I log off, when I log back in I have to re-allocate all of my character's levels/engram points. The points are there, and it says "level up is available", and I have to re-allocate all 104 points and re-learn engrams. I swear these problems get worse with every event they do. I like the event colored Dinos, but it's getting to be not worth it.

Dang. I am on the xbox. Kinda hoped it was only an xbox problem for simplicity's sake. >.<

5 hours ago, mleii said:

800.18 is the latest client version on your Xbox itself.
800.111 is the latest server version for official and nitrado servers.

As for why you cannot find your main character I am unsure.  If you were transferring at around the time when they updated the servers to the bad/corrupted version or possibly transferred after but before they decided to roll back your character might be gone.  If you cannot find it on the server you transferred from or to then you might need to create a support request to get it back if you're on an official server.  Wish I had more or better information, sorry.

EDIT If this was a newly created character, as in after the Summer bash first dropped then it's gone because of the roll back.

Can't think of other reasons, well other than it's Ark.  :/

It was after the rollback. I transferred to my island server, fed my giga, the game crashed, and my character is gone. I've used this character since day 1 of the actual release 5 yrs ago.

10 hours ago, slimpickins2250 said:

It was after the rollback. I transferred to my island server, fed my giga, the game crashed, and my character is gone. I've used this character since day 1 of the actual release 5 yrs ago.

So when you try to sign into the island server it tries to create a new character?  Did you look on the server you came from to see if your character was there? 

There have multiple times where I thought I was on a server and was able to interact with things but finally the server and client ended up syncing and I either wasn't there and needed to try to connect again or hadn't done all of the things that my client showed me doing so the server overrode what I did.  I have also had the case where my character got duplicated when I went from one server to another so the servers thought I was still on the server I came from.  REALLY wish they'd fix these issues as it makes the game a pain at times, especially when you DC.  I cannot even imagine how terrible this is for PVP players to have happen to them.  I'd rage quit for sure.

If you cannot get your char back by to sign into the server(s) you came from then you will likely need to make a report to get them to give you some form of character, unfortunately from what I read here on the forums and elsewhere it will not be the same.  :(  I play on an unofficial server and they are able to do a few things that I don't know why, other than time/cost, they don't do for players on officials to help give you a character back.

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Still broken on my end.

I play on official crossarks through the MS store and all of my otters are missing from the genesis server I play on. The version is updated and I can see the event/log in but my otters are gone and the baby otters I have in my cryofridge have a velociraptors icon and whenever I empty the cryopod nothing comes out but whatever was in it is gone. Is my whole entire line wiped out? Seriously? Tribe log does not say they starved.

sorry this is a little off topic but im desperate...

2 hours ago, GaryJ said:

Still broken on my end.

I play on official crossarks through the MS store and all of my otters are missing from the genesis server I play on. The version is updated and I can see the event/log in but my otters are gone and the baby otters I have in my cryofridge have a velociraptors icon and whenever I empty the cryopod nothing comes out but whatever was in it is gone. Is my whole entire line wiped out? Seriously? Tribe log does not say they starved.

Hey, I noticed in your post that you said you play official cross ark through the MS store.  I have been looking for the official cross ark xbox servers on my PC, but they don't show up on the server list.  I was wondering, is there some trick to finding them?  I am looking for NA Xbox Valguero CrossArk Cluster 12 to be specific, any chance you can see that one on your list?  

Thanks in advance if you decide to respond!

Archived